How has Food and Wine Festival been during the weekdays?

BABYJOSIE98

DIS Veteran
Just curious?? We will be at Epcot for F&W on Thursday Nov 10th! Can't wait!
I heard Cory say on the Pod cast that last weekend was insane! Hope a week day will be ideal for us, but lately seems like F&W is busy most days...We will get started early! That is the key:earboy2:

Love Fall at Disney!!:tink:

We went three weekdAys at the end of September. Monday evening was the only day that got "busy". We had maybe a 5-10 min wait at Mexico and everything else was less. During the day that day it was fine. Tuesday we were there in the afternoon and evening and it was fine. Wednesday morning and afternoon was fine too. Canada had a small wait that day, maybe 5-10 min.

Well that is good to hear...I was listening to a pod cast the other day that said right at 11am enter WS and immediately take the boat over to the other side and start there and work your way around. I might try this because most people go right or left and start with Mexico or Canada. I just hate when it is so packed that you can't move....

Evenings always seem busy, but we will have hit all the booths by then and may will just go back for seconds if we want! I can't wait!

Thank you

Yeah I am heading there on Mon Nov. 7th and hoping for low crowds and leisurely touring. In past years, weekdays during the day have been pleasant with low waits and less inebriation. I am hoping this continues to be the case.

We've been 3 times so far this year on weekdays and it was much more crowded than it has been in the past on weekdays. It's not quite weekend busy but still elbow to elbow in spots.

I've been there the last 2 days with my parents from about noon until just after dinner time. It's been very crowded but it's weird crowded. lots of people walking around but little to no line (1-3 minutes to order and get your food) from the stands... We had no problem with someone in a wheelchair to look at any country, shop, eat anywhere.. but between stands was a wall of people like they were planted by disney to make it feel crowded...

now it did get really packed near 4-5pm when people who choose epcot instead of MNSSHP showed up.. the evening was probably hell but we were leaving after dinner so it wasn't a big deal for us.

strange but we had no problems with the days.

I've been there the last 2 days with my parents from about noon until just after dinner time. It's been very crowded but it's weird crowded. lots of people walking around but little to no line (1-3 minutes to order and get your food) from the stands... We had no problem with someone in a wheelchair to look at any country, shop, eat anywhere.. but between stands was a wall of people like they were planted by disney to make it feel crowded...

now it did get really packed near 4-5pm when people who choose epcot instead of MNSSHP showed up.. the evening was probably hell but we were leaving after dinner so it wasn't a big deal for us.

strange but we had no problems with the days.

I've noticed the same thing on week nights. I've gone a couple Wednesday nights and it looked almost as bad as last Saturday night

I've noticed the same thing on week nights. I've gone a couple Wednesday nights and it looked almost as bad as last Saturday night

It's never going to be dead on Weekdays but the crowds are nowhere near weekend crowds.I'm up to 22 days at the festival since it began last month and weekday crowds honestly have a lot to do with who's playing at Eat to the Beat.Yesterday for example(Wednesday) Dennis Deyoung was playing,he had cancelled his Monday and Tuesday shows due to losing his voice from a cold,well since yesterday was his only day playing that brought out a lot of people and the crowds were noticeably larger.Today(Christopher Cross at Eat to the Beat) was much calmer but far from dead.

We were there Wednesday 10/19 and we're in FW until 12-1 when we started the booths. Waiting in booth lines was rare, most we could walk right up. Everything else felt crowded but we usually found a place in the shade fairly easily. We made it from the Chew booth then Patagonia and Hawaii toward Mexico to the IG where we left about 5:00pm. We tried all of the country booths until Africa and then it was about every other booth until France.
All the characters and such that we passed had crazy waits. And navigating the crowds with a double stroller was challenging but not horrible.

I'm headed there during the final week too. Unless this is discussed elsewhere, what are the must-try foods? Also, should I buy the big food pass or is the small pass good enough?

I can't wait to try the scallops and I must have the crispy pork belly! I think we are just gonna load the wrist gift card they offer with $100 and then my Daughter and I can share items so we can try more..We like to print the menu items and the we highlight what we want try on the plane on the way to Disney!:flower1:

I know it will be busy no matter what, but I was just wanting some feed back on how others experiences have been. Sounds like it is busy as usual, but manageable:goodvibes!

Yeah I am heading there on Mon Nov. 7th and hoping for low crowds and leisurely touring. In past years, weekdays during the day have been pleasant with low waits and less inebriation. I am hoping this continues to be the case.

I'll be there the same day!! Can't wait! I do, however, have a bad feeling that the MVMCP going on at MK may make the evening crowd a little more for us that day with people park hopping.

We were at Epcot on Oct 11 & 12. Crowds during the day were very manageable....lots of people but very low lines at the vendors. And plenty of tables (including picnic tables!) now scattered all along the way, so we always had somewhere to put the food down on! As others have said, though, early evening showed an large influx of people, so if you start earlier in the day you will be good!

I was at F&W last weekend...and quite honestly, yes it was packed BUT as @Accident had said, the lines werent long at all! And if they were long, it went through very quickly. I didnt wait too long at all. I understand why people want to avoid weekends but I guess crowds dont bother me as much at F&W. I found it totally manageable. The only thing i was annoyed with was walking through the crowds, not the line ups. People would walk, then stop suddenly in their tracks instead of moving aside. :furious:

Been here 15-22 Oct and definitely more crowded that previous years we think, but you can have short wait times for food booths. Last weekend was pretty packed and with Halloween coming up I can only think it will get much more busy.

Been here 15-22 Oct and definitely more crowded that previous years we think, but you can have short wait times for food booths. Last weekend was pretty packed and with Halloween coming up I can only think it will get much more busy.

Yes wondering if after Halloween and October the week days will slow down a bit..October just seems to get busier and busier. We will be arriving Nov 9th. Can't wait to find out.:teeth:

Was also there 10/19. Started the food right at 1100, at Greenhouse Guru, and then went thru to Canada and counter clockwise. Every booth was walk right up except for one or two. So the booth lines were good, food came fast, usually found somewhere to sit or at least stand at a table. I did think it got crowded walking around, tho the lines themselves were short. Stuffed ourselves pretty fast and didn't eat much towards the last 1/3 of the circle. Took short cut over towards Test Track and the festival center, which was not crowded, but missed my lamb chop at New Zealand.

We were there today and on Wednesday. As others have said, little to no wait at the booths, but walking around it's wall to wall people. Even watching the entertainment, like the drummers in Japan and the new band in Canada (really good btw), there were very small crowds gathered. It's bizarre.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter