• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How full are the ships recently?

maui2k5

DIS Veteran
For those cruising recently, how full have the ships been? Are they back to full capacity or close to it? Wondering for our upcoming Dream cruise how full it will be...

We are on the Wish and told by a few crew members that there is 3300 people on board. Holds over 4000.

Was on the September 19th HotHS on the dream. Was told by 2 different cast members there were 2,500 passengers. The dining room was 3/4 full for main seating dinner with plenty of empty tables and it seemed everyone had a private table. At the nursery, there were never more than 5 kids there when we dropped off. Got to deck 11 as the fireworks were starting at easily found a spot to watch. Castaway cay felt deserted. We sat on the family beach in front of the play structure in the water and had 30 chairs before the next closest person. Lunch at 12:30 at cookies had maybe 5 families eating. after experiencing this capacity, I’m gonna be shocked when I’m on a full cruise again

Was on the September 19th HotHS on the dream. Was told by 2 different cast members there were 2,500 passengers. The dining room was 3/4 full for main seating dinner with plenty of empty tables and it seemed everyone had a private table. At the nursery, there were never more than 5 kids there when we dropped off. Got to deck 11 as the fireworks were starting at easily found a spot to watch. Castaway cay felt deserted. We sat on the family beach in front of the play structure in the water and had 30 chairs before the next closest person. Lunch at 12:30 at cookies had maybe 5 families eating. after experiencing this capacity, I’m gonna be shocked when I’m on a full cruise again
That sounds like a dream.

We were on the 9/17 Fantasy, and were told there were 2,800 passengers, and later told we were at 60% capacity. Felt fairly full, at least in the adult areas.

There appears to be only about ten rooms left on my HotHS trip on 10/05 out of NYC. Not sure if booked rooms correlates with filling to capacity but I would imagine it's got to be a leading indicator. But I don't know if DCL is holding some of those rooms back or what. I do know it's a good time to go if you live in NYC and have kids in school because the vacation schedule lines up pretty good!

There appears to be only about ten rooms left on my HotHS trip on 10/05 out of NYC. Not sure if booked rooms correlates with filling to capacity but I would imagine it's got to be a leading indicator. But I don't know if DCL is holding some of those rooms back or what. I do know it's a good time to go if you live in NYC and have kids in school because the vacation schedule lines up pretty good!
Yes, it's a great time to go!

I really enjoyed cruising out of NYC and we are going to do it again in a month!

Enjoy your trip as well!

We are on the 10/10 Magic out of NY.....according to our FB group new people are booking everyday...even today. I think it will pretty full since kids are only missing 4 days due to Columbus Day Holiday.

MJ

Just disembarked the Dream yesterday and the waiting staff said we had 2700 pax out of 4000 possible guests on our cruise. The next cruise that left yesterday was expected to have even less ~2000. The big wild card on Disney ships are the kids. It makes a difference on overall occupancy levels if a state room has only two adult or two adults + 2-3 kids. Outside the school holidays the adult ratio tends to be higher so the adult areas might still feel busy even if the overall occupancy trends lower due to more kids being in school.

That said overall I did not get the feeling the ship was crowed on our cruise last week.

Just disembarked the Dream yesterday and the waiting staff said we had 2700 pax out of 4000 possible guests on our cruise. The next cruise that left yesterday was expected to have even less ~2000. The big wild card on Disney ships are the kids. It makes a difference on overall occupancy levels if a state room has only two adult or two adults + 2-3 kids. Outside the school holidays the adult ratio tends to be higher so the adult areas might still feel busy even if the overall occupancy trends lower due to more kids being in school.

That said overall I did not get the feeling the ship was crowed on our cruise last week.
Was your cruise 4 nights and did you have both the Halloween on the high seas plus the pirates in the Caribbean deck party?

Was your cruise 4 nights and did you have both the Halloween on the high seas plus the pirates in the Caribbean deck party?
We were on a 5 night cruise and yes we had both the Halloween party on night 3 and pirate party on night 4. It’s my understanding that often the pirate party night coincides with the Castaway Cay stop. Our second CC stop got cancelled due to weather but we still had the pirate party at night.

There was a more kids focused pirate party with Mickey around 7:30 between the dinner seatings and a more adult themed Jack Sparrow party around 10:30 with fireworks.

I imagine the kid count will go way up now that they’ve dropped vax requirements. Clearly it was holding back their overall numbers a ton with high % of rooms booked but mostly 2 adults Only per room. That’s the only real explanation as to the lack of kid cruisers, knowing that age group had a much lower rate of vax. Whole new ballgame go forward, I’d expect much higher numbers.

I imagine the kid count will go way up now that they’ve dropped vax requirements. Clearly it was holding back their overall numbers a ton with high % of rooms booked but mostly 2 adults Only per room. That’s the only real explanation as to the lack of kid cruisers, knowing that age group had a much lower rate of vax. Whole new ballgame go forward, I’d expect much higher numbers.
Very possible. Although on my cruise last week they only required vax for age 12+. I think September with kids just back in school from the summer and Hurricane season at its peak, bookings tend to be lower also noticeable with the prices more favorable. Probably bigger short term kids boost might be upcoming fall breaks starting in some states.

We were on the 9/24 Fantasy and there were 2700 passengers. There were a lot of kids.

We had the same experience with 800 on the Magic in November 2021. It was wild. We were spoiled rotten.

I'm on the same cruise as you, and I anticipate the cruise being a little more full because Oct 10 is a Federal holiday. My daughter has both Oct 7 and 10 off school which is why we are able to do it. I'm guessing some other schools will have schedules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter