• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How formal are the character dinners?

JoeCathyAngelina

Lord be willing all goes well, see you next year.
We're going to Chef Mickey's and Gullivers Grill next week and I was wondering if we could go strait from the parks to the dinners in shorts and Polo shirts.
thanks,
Joe

You can go to ANY WDW restaurant in shorts, tshirts, sandals except for Victoria and Alberts in the GF.

"There is only one restaurant on Disney property with a true dress code, and that is Victoria and Albert's in the Grand Floridian. All other restaurants have no official requirements (other than shirt and shoes, of course!), although the "Signature" restaurants like the California Grill at the Contemporary and Citricos at the Grand Floridian do ask that guests wear "smart casual" (no shorts or tank tops). Even so, they don't really enforce that request. Like The Pirates of the Caribbean's Captain Barbosa says, "It's more like a set of guidelines." Use common sense, and you'll be fine.

Bon appetit!"

E :mickeybar

You will see it all, from unbelievably casual to semi dressed up. Who cares, you'll never see these people again anyway! Have fun!

The only time I've dressed up (Nice tank, knee length skirt and nice flip flops-- wanted to wear nice heels but walk from parking was way too far!) for a character dinner was at Cinderella's Gala Feast at the GF because I thought it would be neat and had plenty of time to change. :) You can see my pics at http://photos.yahoo.com/alwayzasweete

Here's a question, how formal are the characters that your eating with? I mean, do they eat with you upon request?

They might sit with you for a minute or two if it's not too busy other than that they take the pictures, talk a little bit and then they're on their way to the next table.

That was the main reason I would have liked to go to a character dinner... was to eat with the characters, and get to know them in depth... oh well! Is it worth it? I mean how much do they cost, and is the food pricy? I'm trying to balance an overall budget and have only been to Disney once and never been to a meal...

Characters do not speak, except for the princesses so getting to know them would be difficult. However, if you ask questions or make comments ti the characters, you can get some great responses. Ask Chip if he is a squirel or tell him that Dale said that he is better. Ask Minnie when Mickey is going to marry her.

We love character meals and do at least one each visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter