• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How far out for Ohana's?

kandb

DIS Veteran
We are at the GF from Tues, 8/15 thru Sun 8/20. We haven't been to WDW since 2018. We really, really need to go to Ohana's for dinner for sentimental reasons. Do you think we can get a reservation for one of our nights? I need to practice booking a dining reservation. Any suggestions? Online or app? Please help!

We book ADRs using two devices--one signed onto the website, the other using the MDE app. Generally, if one freezes or crashes, the other will still be usable. DH handles the bookings on both, generally entering what we're trying for on both since one may be faster.

I have a Note on my iPad with our hoped-for meals, ranking them in order of hardest to easier for the ones we know will be difficult to get. I tell DH what to go for first, next, etc., plotting by which days we have park reservations. We schedule breakfast and lunch in the park reserved or at a resort and then dinner wherever since we always get ParkHoppers to be able to switch for where we really want to eat.

I would head immediately to the last few days of your stay for a better chance to get 'Ohana dinner and work back from there.

Unless that dinner is particularly important to you, you may want to consider that there have been several reports recently of inferior quality meats and people feeling rushed through the meal. Something to think about, anyway, and maybe consider starting a new tradition. 'Ohana breakfast, maybe?

Whatever you decide, good luck getting the ADRs you want and enjoy.

We are at the GF from Tues, 8/15 thru Sun 8/20. We haven't been to WDW since 2018. We really, really need to go to Ohana's for dinner for sentimental reasons. Do you think we can get a reservation for one of our nights? I need to practice booking a dining reservation. Any suggestions? Online or app? Please help!
We went last May for an anniversary dinner and it was wonderful…the food, service, everything. We booked it for day 4 of our trip and it wasn’t the first reservation I went for. Like other poster said, I’d have MDE up on phone and browser and start with the one you are most comfortable navigating. Practice making a reservation in advance, and make sure your credit card info is saved already. Good luck and hope you have a wonderful time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter