How far is the walk at these moderates?

I liked AKL significantly more than POFQ.
I think if I had to rank our on property stays it would be AKL, CBR, then POFQ. The small size of POFQ is actually a drawback to me. We were in one of the further out rooms at CBR (Building 13) and loved it. We would usually walk to the main building in the mornings, and catch the bus from there, or get dropped off there in the evenings and walk back to our room. We didn't use the internal bus at all. I'd say it was a little over 5 minutes for us at our normal pace. I really liked how quiet it was at our building, and we had a quiet pool immediately outside our door. We only had a 3 month old at the time, so that's all we needed pool wise.
We're staying at CSR during our next trip, and I actually switched from a preferred room to a standard, because it saved us a little bit of money, and I don't really attach a higher value to preferred rooms, especially since the pool area has food and is on the opposite end from the main building, and the preferred quiet pool is going to be closed during our stay anyway.

Even though AKL had kind of a closed off feeling (due to the animals, it's less open than a lot of the other deluxes) we would definitely choose it over a moderate, if the price wasn't an obstacle. We spend more time than average in our room though.
CBR is another one I have considered bc I think my kids would love the pool and my girls would love the splash area!! The distance was one of the things I was really worried about. If I did book CBR I was going to request Jamaica or Aruba. Just so much to think about and options are getting very slim! Our stay is only 53 more days away :cool1:

CBR is another one I have considered bc I think my kids would love the pool and my girls would love the splash area!! The distance was one of the things I was really worried about. If I did book CBR I was going to request Jamaica or Aruba. Just so much to think about and options are getting very slim! Our stay is only 53 more days away :cool1:
I guess it's just so difficult bc we do plan on spending equal amount of time at parks and resorts so I want to make sure it's somewhere we are really going to enjoy!

I have stayed at both CBR and POR and we find the walks are totally manageable. I recommend looking at the resort maps and see if you want to make a building (or type of room) request at either one.

I guess it's just so difficult bc we do plan on spending equal amount of time at parks and resorts so I want to make sure it's somewhere we are really going to enjoy!
We take a break every day, and have planned in a full "rest" day during our last few trips. DH usually naps, but it's hard for me to nap on vacation, and with small kids it's harder. Ideally, we head back to our hotel, and they go down for naps happily. The reality is that they probably fall asleep on the bus, and the transfer to their bed doesn't go over very well. I would LOVE it if we could afford to stay at AKL on our next trip, because there is a larger number of activities that occur inside.
Doing cookie decorating during our break would be the perfect activity to do with DS, if he doesn't want to take a nap. The activities at CSR will be nice, but they won't keep us out of the heat, or be particularly relaxing for the kids.

I think by internal buses the OP means a bus that only loops the resort, and doesn't go to the parks. The only resort that has that is CBR.

OP--If having a short walk is the most important thing for you, POFQ is the resort you want to pick. It is a small resort, and has only one bus stop.

I think by internal buses the OP means a bus that only loops the resort, and doesn't go to the parks. .

Technically true however the pattern is POFQ -> POR for parks and reverse for DTD. You can make use of that pattern to turn a park bus into an internal bus :) Just be careful as a full bus sometimes pulls off and doesn't finish the resort loop

Wehave always had to stay deluxe because we are five. I might be taking the kids without hubby so I wanted to save and go moderate. I know POR and POFQ doesn't have internal bussing. How bad is the furthest walk? At CSR and CBR is taking the internal bus necessary? How far away from things are you if you are in the furthest buildings? Thanks for the insight.

Port Orleans French Quarter is tiny and sweet and awesome. We were in the farthest building from the lobby/food court/busses and it was maybe a 5 minute walk?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter