• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How far apart in age are your kids?

A lot of twins these days are born via C-section due to the high risk. That’s probably why they come in such rapid succession.

I assume you didn’t have a C-section?
no c section and then they had to re dialate me some for the second birth and then she was sunny side up.

By the way...my twins are 50 minutes apart. I gather that's rare.

We have a friend that has twins with different birthdays. I forget how many minutes apart they are, but one was born on one side of midnight and the other the next day - I always thought that was pretty cool.

I'd be happy to let you borrow mine. How long do you want them for? A week? Month? I'll give you a great deal if you take them for 3 months.... :D
:lmao:

I adore mine to the moon and back but man, they were a lot of work. Between the ages of 1 and 5 I really didn’t think I was going to make it. They’re pretty easy now at 12 (though the red head gives me new grays on the regular) but I always wonder about those people who have another kid after having twins. Mine cured me of ever having that gushy, ‘I want one’ feeling when you see a new baby. Wouldn’t trade them for the world but exhausting doesn’t even come close to parenting twins. At least mine.

23 months. It was yep you can get pregnant and you better get pregnant again if you want a 2nd. My body stopped after 2nd was born.

2 years, 2 month between ours. I thought they would be closer but DS is very mature and advanced for his age and DD is lagging behind due to a language processing delay. Between that and their very different personalities, they seem like they have much more of an age gap than they do. They love each other but are not what I would call Pals.
I think that's pretty common. My kids are 2 years 3 months apart. Both boys but the older one matured at a younger age (physically and emotionally) than his brother, so for a while they looked much further apart in age. Now they are both in high school and have more shared interests. Hopefully that will happen with yours at some point.

3 1/2 years between mine. A boy and a girl. I was very happy with that gap.

4 1/2 years between my 2 grandsons. I provide a lot of child care and that gap has worked out well.

My boys are 2 years and 4 months apart. We got as close as we could to them being 2 years apart!

Our 2 oldest are 18 months apart & one year apart in school.

Our youngest is 8 years younger than his older brother & 9 1/2 years younger than his older sister.

I'd be happy to let you borrow mine. How long do you want them for? A week? Month? I'll give you a great deal if you take them for 3 months.... :D

Ha ha!
I already admitted I had too many kids, so I’ll pass! But I’m sure they are a lot of fun!

I always wonder about those people who have another kid after having twins.

I follow a woman on Instagram who is pregnant with her 9th child. The oldest is 8, and there is a set of twins somewhere in there, and she had a baby 11 months after the twins (it came a little early).
I am fascinated by her. :laughing:

no c section and then they had to re dialate me some for the second birth and then she was sunny side up.

I have heard of women delivering one twin naturally and then having to have a C-section with the other! The ultimate double whammy!

Ours are 4 years apart, two boys. My job after our first had me commuting by bus (I was a late bloomer to driving) so... Dh took him to our sitter. Dh worked 3 shifts in the Steel Industry and, I felt another child closer in age would have been really difficult to transport. If I had it to do again they would be 2 years apart. The age gap in our boys truly made it seem like we were raising two only children at times. They both have said they did enjoy not having their younger/older brother in HS at the same time though. lol...

Not quite 5 calendar years, 4 years apart in school.

It’s worked well for us.

No c section for me either. My twins are eight minutes apart. Dd was born second. She was breech but the dr turned her. I was so glad to avoid a c section.

6 years and 1 week between #1 & 2
16 months between 2&3

6 years was do not do lack or trying, between DH deployments and fighting through Endometriosis, it was a long time between the two.
The time between 2&3 was due to DH being home on convalescent leave due to two major surgeries he had to have after his last deployment

Even though our boys are close in age, I'm so thankful they have very different personalities. When they were babies, people would ask us all the time if they were twins (??) uuummm, one is a toddler running around and the other is a newborn swaddled up, no they are not twins. It was rough though, very rough for a good long while.
People still ask me if it gets better, no, it doesn't, but it does get different, different problems, different situations, not better, just different.

DS12 has a very strong personality, very competitive, very headstrong (don't know where he gets that, lol) When he was a younger boy he was straight up Dennis the Menace combined with Evel Keneivil. Had no fear would do anything he wanted, no hesitation of getting hurt (which he did a few times) but it never stopped him.
DS10 is more relaxed, goes with the flow, does what he likes, really doesn't care what other people think about what he does or doesn't do or like. A bit more of a love bug, wears his heart on his sleeve, etc.

They have things that the like to do together, and things neither of the other cares about doing. They both love soccer, DS12 plays club level on the Elite team, because he is more competitive. DS10 plays Rec because that's more his speed.
They both do very well in school, but I attribute that some to their teachers, but also that DH & I make them do their work, study and teach them to stay organized.
DS12 is all outdoors all the time, fishing, playing, target practice, etc. DS10 is more indoors LLOOVVEESS Legos and video games.

I'd say of the kids DD18&DS10 have the strongest bond, they are kinda like buddies. She will drop him off at school or pick him up. She'll take him to the store, etc. Plus DS10 is the baby of the family and milks it for all it's worth. He knows that he can ask DD to do just about anything for him, and inevitably she'll end up doing it most of them time. "Sissy, you'll make me Mac N Cheese ????"

Gap 1: 2 years, 11 months
Gap 2: 4 years, 1 month.

I think the 3-ish year gap is pretty good. All three of ours play fairly well together, even with a 7 year gap between oldest & youngest. And we got one kid out of diapers by about the time the next one was born, at least during the day.

15 months between DD and DS1 and then 3.5 years between DS1 and DS2. First two would have been even closer but I had a miscarriage between them. It was a tough age difference because they have never gotten along until recently (they are now 14 & 15). But in some ways it was easy because they liked the same things at the same time (I’m At SAHM so we did tons of playgrounds, museums, beaches, etc). My youngest just turned 11 and I feel like he didn’t get to do all the fun stuff my older two did because we had to work around their school schedule and activities. He mostly just got dragged to their events (and still does). When I take him somewhere fun, it’s usually just him or him & his friends because the older ones have no interest.

First two almost felt like twins so third one was really easy. Older two were 3.5 and 5 when he was born so they were somewhat self sufficient. Not sure if I would do anything differently if I had to do it again but I just wish they didn’t always fight so much. I hate that my youngest will essentially be an only child for all of HS when the other two are in college.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter