• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does the new dining plan work - do you get vouchers?

My understanding is that you need to have park tickets, too, but I'm curious to know for how many days. I am tempted to buy a 10 MYW park ticket with no expire for this trip, and use 4-5 of the days on our next trip. But what if I want to get the package on the next trip? Can I just buy a 1 or 2 day MYW ticket with a 5 night hotel stay and 5 days of the meal plan?

swilphil said:
Can I just buy a 1 or 2 day MYW ticket with a 5 night hotel stay and 5 days of the meal plan?

Yes... With the Magic Your Way Plus Dining Package (1table service, 1 counter service and 1 snack daily), You can get any number of days for your tickets... this package does not require "Length of stay", the food portion of the package will be for the length of stay though and can not be modified. You can also have different tickets than the other people in your party. Everyone can have the same, or you can all have different.

The Magic Your Way Premium Package which is the BIG package (Breakfast, lunch and dinner plus 2 snacks daily, tickets to Cirque Du Soleil, recreational activites, golf, and Tours included) on the other hand is for the length of your stay and must be for everyone in the room.

Hmm, does that mean that some people could have no tickets but just the dining part of the plan?

swilphil said:
My understanding is that you need to have park tickets, too, but I'm curious to know for how many days. I am tempted to buy a 10 MYW park ticket with no expire for this trip, and use 4-5 of the days on our next trip. But what if I want to get the package on the next trip? Can I just buy a 1 or 2 day MYW ticket with a 5 night hotel stay and 5 days of the meal plan?

My husband says a 7 MYW park ticket is the largest ticket that will be sold. If you are staying for 10 days, you will need to buy multiple tickets. He also said that yes, you can have 5 nights of hotel and 5 days of meal plan with only a 1 MYW park ticket.

suzannews said:
My husband says a 7 MYW park ticket is the largest ticket that will be sold. If you are staying for 10 days, you will need to buy multiple tickets. He also said that yes, you can have 5 nights of hotel and 5 days of meal plan with only a 1 MYW park ticket.

That's interesting since there are already prices for 10 day MYW tickets. It jumps from 7 days to 10 days but it's there.

I will be so glad when Jan. gets here and we find out exactly all the details. :earboy2:

So lets imagine that someone (me :rolleyes: ) has already bought 5 ph adult tix. And has a BDP ressie for 3 nights (going to go to AK the day before a cruise and the other four after the cruise) at POFQ. Could I conceivably convert to MYW with dining plan and keep 5 day tix with ph feature?

Now I'm confused! Anyone willilng to take a guess....

Anne

I'm also wondering if the price includes tax and tip. It should, right? So if we are there for 8 days, I'm getting the 10 day ticket, but only want the 8 day food plan. I hope we can do this.

Oh, I just thought of another question. I wonder if we are doing the Fantasmic dinner package, how that would work out with the new food plan?

Nik's Mom said:
I'm also wondering if the price includes tax and tip. It should, right? So if we are there for 8 days, I'm getting the 10 day ticket, but only want the 8 day food plan. I hope we can do this.

I remember correctly from reading all of the information, the number of days for the tickets do not need to match the number of days on the hotel, but the dining package will need to match the number of nights on the hotel. I also seem to remember reading that the tax and tip are included in the price of the dining options. I think I read this on Mousesavers and AllEars, but could be wrong so it wouldn't hurt to check these sights out.

I also am hoping the dining option can be used for the fantasmic package. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to since there is not an additional cost for the package, and the restaurants listed for the package are all part of the dining option restaurants. We ate at the Brown Derby before (and did the fantasmic package) and would love to do it again. :flower1:

Disney's Ultimate Tickets - Exclusively for UK Guests!
Two tickets that provide unlimited admission to all the magic of Disney for 14 or 21 days! Disney's Ultimate Tickets provide unlimited admission to all four theme parks, Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney-MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, two themed water parks, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park and other attractions including DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, Downtown Disney Pleasure Island and Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex. Disney's Ultimate Tickets are valid for 14 or 21 days from first use based on duration of ticket purchased.

I wonder if Disney will offer this type of ticket to Americans. The Ultimate Ticket would be perfect for us. We used the FITS passes for our last trip and they were great. We visited DisneyQuest several times in April and have plans to go there at least three times during our next trip. Throw in the water parks and Pleasure Island and our 5 plus options from the MYW tickets will be gone in no time.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to buy the fully loaded 7 or 10 day tickets and DisneyQuest annual passes. Maybe one day Disney will realize that there are Americans that take long trips and are willing to buy the type of tickets that are offered to visitors from the UK.

luvsTink said:
So lets imagine that someone (me :rolleyes: ) has already bought 5 ph adult tix. And has a BDP ressie for 3 nights (going to go to AK the day before a cruise and the other four after the cruise) at POFQ. Could I conceivably convert to MYW with dining plan and keep 5 day tix with ph feature?

Now I'm confused! Anyone willilng to take a guess....

Anne

According to the FAQ at http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/Magic_Your_Way_FAQ.htm dining is only offered with a package (room + tickets) so you're better off staying with what you have.

Ok a couple of things...

Yes tax and gratuitues are included in the Dining package.

No you can not have the dining without tickets... The package is Hotel room, ticket and dining.

YES you can get a 10 day ticket...not that this will make sense to you guys but for suzzanews, your hubby will understand... the "shopping cart" only goes to 7 days, but the 10 day ticket its avalaible on the individual ticket screen.

NO, the UK ticket will not be offered for anyone except Reservations booked through the UK on the UK package.

:wizard: Goofyfordisney3 you are correct, for the MYW Plus dining package the DINING part has to match your stay but the tickets can be for any amount of days.... on the MYW Premium Pakcage your ticket AND the dining will match your stay (see my earlier post for more description of each package).

:earboy2: Luvstink... You would have to convert your reservation to the MYW package which would include tickets, hotel and dining, you could not just add dining to your room reservation and use your old tickets, dining is avalaible only as a part of the whole package... Sorry

LibertyBelle said:
:earboy2: Luvstink... You would have to convert your reservation to the MYW package which would include tickets, hotel and dining, you could not just add dining to your room reservation and use your old tickets, dining is avalaible only as a part of the whole package... Sorry
So, basically you're paying rack rate for your room, just like with the DreamMaker packages? Just looking for clarification because someone reported on another thread that a CM told them they could add the tickets and dining plan to a previously-booked, discounted, room-only reservation...basically converting it to a package while keeping the discount. I didn't think that would be allowed.

Thank you SO much LibertyBelle...what would we do without you!?! :cheer2:

If tax and tip are included, then I will really consider the meal plan. I know it would save for my DS and DH, and probably break even for me. I'll check AllEars. Thanks Goofyfor Disney3.

jcemom said:
So, basically you're paying rack rate for your room, just like with the DreamMaker packages? Just looking for clarification because someone reported on another thread that a CM told them they could add the tickets and dining plan to a previously-booked, discounted, room-only reservation...basically converting it to a package while keeping the discount. I didn't think that would be allowed.

Thank you SO much LibertyBelle...what would we do without you!?! :cheer2:

Beacuse I don't actually book them, I am not sure the answer to your question... I was told that the package would be like the Dreamaker (gold/silver)... but I don't know how they are working it with adding it to an already existing discounted room rate. All I know is that it is room, tickets and dining... and that you can't add the dining to a room only package without buying tickets... beyond that it's a big ? for me too...

Thank you! I've got an AP this year, so I have time to wait and find out. :cool1:

Does anyone know if Dining Certs are still available on the Hotwire Savings Club or were they discontinued?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter