• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How does the new dining plan work - do you get vouchers?

bizeemom4

DIS Veteran
I've never done a meal plan before but I have used the vouchers from Connections. I'm going to get the new MYW package with the dining feature. Do you get vouchers for the counter service or do you get a bank of 'meals' from which you draw each day?

How does Disney track whether it's a child's counter service being used vs. an adult? For example, if we only use 2 adult counter service, we will have 2 kids counter service left over. Can we use it on an adult counter service meal or does it have to be used for a child's meal??

Thanks!

We won't know for sure until after the meal plans actually become available.

That said, based on past "package patterns", it's a good bet that the dining plan will be encoded onto your room keys. Disney's computer system will keep track of everything for you.

Don't know if you will be able to "trade" 2 child counter service meals for one adult meal. That's definitely something that won't be known until later.

Best wishes -

My DH works front desk at ASMusic and just went to a class on the new packages. I will ask him and get back to you!

I called the Disney Reservation line last week and was told they are going to be in classes as well so it might be right before 2 Jan before we find out. We are heading down 23 Jan so I am glad we haven't purchased our PHP yet.

suzannews said:
My DH works front desk at ASMusic and just went to a class on the new packages. I will ask him and get back to you!

I also would love to know how these work....I like the Silver plan now because some days we would eat at a sit down for an early lunch and then another sit down for a late dinner....we don't really eat much counter service.

On a side note, Suzannews, it was great meeting you at Whispering Canyon....if I can figure out how to post a picture on the DIS, I will post the one of us!!

Here's some info I got from my DH. There will be a MYW plus dining or the MYW premium. MYW plus dining will include 1 counter service, 1 full service and 1 snack (to be determined later) per night per person. The coupons are encoded onto the ID cards just like the Wishes plan now. MYW premium is just like to Gold Plan now, plus it also includes a few of the tours ( also to be determined later).

Hope this helps!

StaceyA said:
On a side note, Suzannews, it was great meeting you at Whispering Canyon....if I can figure out how to post a picture on the DIS, I will post the one of us!!

Stacey,

It was GREAT to meet you too! Sorry I thought your picture was ballet slippers. Hey, did you hear that leg warmers are making a come back? How funny is that?!?!?

suzannews said:
Stacey,

It was GREAT to meet you too! Sorry I thought your picture was ballet slippers. Hey, did you hear that leg warmers are making a come back? How funny is that?!?!?

LOL I even had to look at my picture again, I was pretty sure they weren't slippers....shows how much I look at it...

I figured out how to post pics and there is a thread with your pic floating around this forum!!

do you know if you have to scan everyone's key card for each meal? One of the other sites said you did, but that seems rediculous... if it's all tied to your room reservation, you would think one card per meal should be able to do it? Any idea?

It should be one room card scanned per reservation but we haven't gotten the official word yet.

disneydebi said:
do you know if you have to scan everyone's key card for each meal? One of the other sites said you did, but that seems rediculous... if it's all tied to your room reservation, you would think one card per meal should be able to do it? Any idea?

From what they told us in the class you can set up the cards 2 different ways you can allot everyone their own "points" thus having to scan each individual card or you can keep it as a "pool of points" so that you would only need one card to scan. I guess if you are traveling with a bunch of people that are maybe from different familes (in a villa or something) it would be nice to be able to split it up).

As was stated they are going to be just like the meal plans are set up right now. They are encoded to your key to the world card and you can use them however you like... Meaning you get an alloted amount for your entire stay avalaible all at once... So if you want to use 2 table services in one day you can but you would have to use 2 counter services another day, etc.

We have Florida resiident seasonal passes, so we don't need admission to the parks, but if dining is an option to add onto a room only, we would be really tempted to stay on site! Do any of you CM's who have been trade have the definitive answer on this? Thanks!

headoflife... It would not work for you... The way it is set up includes park tickets. The Packages are Hotel room, MYW customizable ticket and dining feature. You can not get hotel and dining without the tickets.

Can you get tickets and meals without the hotel room? Will these types of tickets, like the Silver and Gold plans, only be available to purchase at the resorts, online or telephone, or will they be something that Guest Relations will handle as well?

Thanks!

LibertyBelle said:
headoflife... It would not work for you... The way it is set up includes park tickets. The Packages are Hotel room, MYW customizable ticket and dining feature. You can not get hotel and dining without the tickets.

I think you are wrong. I think they want as much flexibility as possible. You can add tickets or meals to the room. You don't need to have both. If you have an AP, you can get a room, and then add the meal plan, you won't have to buy the tickets.

JoiseyMom said:
I think you are wrong. I think they want as much flexibility as possible. You can add tickets or meals to the room. You don't need to have both. If you have an AP, you can get a room, and then add the meal plan, you won't have to buy the tickets.

Everything I've read says the meal plan is an add on to the MYW packages. Did they change this since all of the MYW information was released a few weeks ago?

I figured this was how it would work, but I hoped, as JoiseyGirl said, they would want the flexibility. It would have meant more money for Disney, as we would have stayed on site and spent more $ on on site meals, even with the discount the plan offers. Oh well! Maybe at some point they will realize that passholders need to eat too!

Thanks for the most current info!

JoiseyMom said:

Spent 8 hours in the Magic Your Way class on Monday... They specifically stated that the dining option is only avaliable with the package which consists of Hotel room, Magic Your Way customizable ticket and meal plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter