How does the deluxe dining plan work with signatures?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
We're considering upgrading our free dining pkg to deluxe this summer, but are a bit confused how it works at signatures like The Boathouse. Is sushi and cold oyster bar apps or entrees? What are you entitled to and what would be an upcharge? We also bought APs this year, but I believe upgrading will be less expensive than TIW.

Generally, the restaurant gets to define what an appetizer is. I do not believe Boathouse allow either sushi or the oyster bar as an appetizer. But they aren't entrees either.

There are plenty of things on menus not covered by any dining plan.

We were just there Jan 2-5 and ate at the Boathouse using the DxDP. It takes 2 TS credits per person, but they really let you maximize your plan. Your appetizer could be from the salads, the Launch , or raw bar, including the oysters! It was confusing about how you could mix & match the oyster types and that changes the amount of oysters you can get, but they have a special of 6 Blue Points for 1 appetizer. Since we had extra credits, they permitted us to order for a 4th person (and use 2 more TS credits of course) even though there were only 3 of use eating, so we got 4 appetizers permitting us to get 12 Blue Point oysters, the tuna poke, firecracker shrimp.

For our entree we were able to get the Filet Minion Oscar Style and the Baked Stuffed Lobster for no upcharge on either. We went with 2 of each. They both came with a small side so we didn't need to order any of the side dishes which are OOP.

For dessert, since we ordered meals for 4 people, we were then permitted to get the Smores Baked Alaska as our dessert. I don't know what the upcharge would be if you wanted it and didn't have 4 people using their credits. We were really full so we did not get it, we ordered 3 other desserts, and took the 4th dessert to go. It was our best dining experience of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter