How does my 17 day plan look?? Opinions please??

Jana1121

Earning My Ears
Let me start by saying this trip will be from 11/17-12/03. It will be my DD(9) & myself with a room only for 11/17, the DxDP 11/18-12/02, and another room only on 12/02-12/03. My sister and nephew(9) will be joining us for meals on 11/17-11/26 (they will also have the DxDP).

11/17-- Dinner- T-Rex (no ADR, use Landry's card with birthday bonus)

11/18--Lunch- QS somewhere in DS
Dinner- 5:45 Paddlefish

11/19--Breakfast- 8:30 Be Our Guest (may cancel if park hours change & we will be splitting a meal
for ppo advantage on SDMT)
Dinner- 6:50pm Be Our Guest

11/20--Breakfast-10:00am Bon Voyage Breakfast
Dinner-5:00pm Hollywood & Vine Holiday Dine w/Fantasmic pkg.

11/21--Breakfast-9:25am Tusker House
Dinner-7:30pm LeCellier (my birthday dinner)

11/22--Lunch-11:30am Tony's Town Square FOF parade pkg.
Dinner-6:15pm Hoop-Dee-Doo Review cat.2

11/23--Lunch-11:40am San Angel Inn
Dinner-8:10pm Narcoossee's

11/24--Breakfast-8:35am O'hana
Dinner-5:30pm Mickey's Backyard BBQ

11/25--Breakfast-8:05am Garden Grill
Dinner-7:00pm Via Napoli (paying oop and sharing)

11/26--Breakfast-8:30am Chef Mickey's
Lunch-12pm Beaches & Cream (sharing something light here)
Dinner-7:00pm Cape May Café

11/27--Lunch- 11:15am Sci-Fi Dine Inn
Dinner- 8:15pm Cinderella's Royal Table

11/28--Breakfast- 9:35am The Wave
Lunch- 2:10pm Whispering Canyon Cafe' (late lunch before our MVMCP)

11/29--Lunch-11:30am Mama Melrose Fant. pkg (incase we decide to see it this night instead)
Dinner-8:15pm Yachtsman's Steakhouse

11/30--Breakfast-8:30am Crystal Palace
Lunch-12:20pm Liberty Tree Tavern (we will split something here)
Dinner-8:05pm 1900 Park Fare

12/01--Breakfast-8:05am Akershus
Dinner-6:25pm O'hana

12/02--Lunch-11:30am Sanaa
Dinner-8:45pm The Boathouse

I could not keep up the eating patterns of the dxddp for more than three days. Your plan is A LOT of eating and so much food. I don't think you will enjoy it.

Your restaurant choices are all solid but I'd cut at least half of them. Can you do a split stay and only have the dxddp for two or three days? The plan is good from check in until midnight of check out day. That way you can stretch the plan, have some blow out days of eating and then scale back once the novelty has worn out. Pay OOP for the rest of the trip.

That looks like a lot of food. Have you thought of adding some signature restaurants to up 2 credits and cut out additional meals. I would never be able to eat that much, and I'm always hungry. Especially on your Ohana dinner day I wouldn't recommend eating really anywhere else. I was so full after that meal and we just had a quick breakfast.

That looks like a lot of food. Have you thought of adding some signature restaurants to up 2 credits and cut out additional meals. I would never be able to eat that much, and I'm always hungry. Especially on your Ohana dinner day I wouldn't recommend eating really anywhere else. I was so full after that meal and we just had a quick breakfast.
There are many 2 credit restaurants on that list (Narcoossee's,LeCellier, Yachtsman, Hoop-Dee-Doo, Paddlefish, Boathouse & Mickey's Backyard BBQ). I thought about only one meal, but having a 9yr old with me I think the extra time at TS will be a nice break in the day for rest.

There are many 2 credit restaurants on that list (Narcoossee's,LeCellier, Yachtsman, Hoop-Dee-Doo, Paddlefish, Boathouse & Mickey's Backyard BBQ). I thought about only one meal, but having a 9yr old with me I think the extra time at TS will be a nice break in the day for rest.
If you lose the dxddp, you can still have the rest at the TS. Difference being you can order as little as you wish when paying OOP. All those meals, coupled with two snacks per day. You are just setting yourself up to be throwing money away. And with a 17 night trip, it will be lots of money.

I'm dizzy just contemplating your plan o_O. Hey its your trip so go for it. My big comment is "when do you tour?" 11/26 looks like that will be a challenging day as you go from a late breakfast at the Contemporary to a noon lunch at B&C....then no meals until 7pm.....If I were you I'd skip B&C and do a QS in Epcot or HS. . You've got a couple of what I would call "true winners"..........we love Sanaa and Via Napoli. Not a fan of T-Rex or Hollywood & Vine............but thats me.

While I'm not a proponent of so many TS meals...........I hope you do have a wonderful vacation!

Doug :goofy:

I'm dizzy just contemplating your plan o_O. Hey its your trip so go for it. My big comment is "when do you tour?" 11/26 looks like that will be a challenging day as you go from a late breakfast at the Contemporary to a noon lunch at B&C....then no meals until 7pm.....If I were you I'd skip B&C and do a QS in Epcot or HS. . You've got a couple of what I would call "true winners"..........we love Sanaa and Via Napoli. Not a fan of T-Rex or Hollywood & Vine............but thats me.

While I'm not a proponent of so many TS meals...........I hope you do have a wonderful vacation!

Doug :goofy:
Lol, we are not at a park that day. We only have 10 days of park tickets, the rest are resort hopping, DS or other things.

Let me start by saying this trip will be from 11/17-12/03. It will be my DD(9) & myself with a room only for 11/17, the DxDP 11/18-12/02, and another room only on 12/02-12/03. My sister and nephew(9) will be joining us for meals on 11/17-11/26 (they will also have the DxDP).

11/19--Breakfast- 8:30 Be Our Guest (may cancel if park hours change & we will be splitting a meal

11/29--Lunch-11:30am Mama Melrose Fant. pkg (incase we decide to see it this night instead)

Any reason Sanaa hit the list? I would think Boma would be a better bet with the kids plus the food is really good.

I am also not a narcoosees fan...take a look at Citricos (same DDP credits). If you don't mind leaving the MK area I would switch to Flying Fish but only if the kids would eat something there.

Wow, I don't think I could do 3 sit down meals in one day, even if the meal is light or being shared. On some days you have lunch awfully close to a buffet breakfast, so you may not be ready to eat after just 3 or 4 hours, even just sharing. On park days we do some QS to give us more time for attractions, but we all go for different reasons so it's just my humble opinion.

So nice to have 17 days! I like your choices for the most part. The only suggestion I would make is to lose the BOG breakfast on 11/19. That would make your dinner there more special and you can still RD Mine Train if that is your goal. Have a QS "brunch" elsewhere in MK. Some of your days have filling breakfasts and dinners with no lunch listed, will you be using snack credits as the mood strikes you on these days? Have a great time!

I don't understand why people feel the need to tell a person on DxDP that they are eating too much and making their vacation miserable because of it. Sorry, major pet peeve of mine. I do 2 - 3 TS meals a day at WDW and never feel like I'm majorly compromising touring time at all. In fact, I feel like I'm enhancing my overall vacation by enjoying some great dining locations. They are attractions in themselves and so many people miss out on that. I realize it's a to each their own thing and that's fine. If you only eat QS, then no need to criticize the plan of a TS lover and vice versa.

To answer your question OP, I think your plan looks amazing! I have done deluxe dining on a 9 night trip and always have to cut restaurants off my list, so I'm super jealous of your 17 days. You definitely have some of my favourites on your list. I personally would not do BOG for breakfast and dinner because I'm just not a fan of the place, but I understand the PPO SDMT strategy, but if you were to keep only 1, then I would choose the dinner.

I could not keep up the eating patterns of the dxddp for more than three days. Your plan is A LOT of eating and so much food. I don't think you will enjoy it.

Your restaurant choices are all solid but I'd cut at least half of them. Can you do a split stay and only have the dxddp for two or three days? The plan is good from check in until midnight of check out day. That way you can stretch the plan, have some blow out days of eating and then scale back once the novelty has worn out. Pay OOP for the rest of the trip.

I agree. I am concerned with my plan of 10 days on regular dining plan (free dining). I must say it once a day to my family, you don't have to finish your food at WDW make sure you are actually hungry for next meal.

Looks amazing!!
The meals are nicely spaced out.
I will call you to map out my next trip meal plan!

Overall, the plan looks great. The DxDP isn’t too much for for me. I made some comments below

I wouldn’t do any QS on your Disney Springs day. Try Paradiso you should be able to eat without a reservation if you don’t want to be bound by a certain time.

I wouldn’t eat at Hollywood and Vine unless seeing these characters in their christmas outfits is important. Switch to 50s or Hollywood Brown Derby.

Love Le Cellier!

Tony’s isn’t that great, but the parade viewing maybe important to you. If it isn’t I’d do Skippers Canteen or the Plaza.
The Hoop Dee is my favorite dining experience at Disney World.

Instead of the BBQ I’d do California Grill and watch the fireworks.

Via Napoli is great. You may want to get rid of one meal and use a credit here. You all can get your own pizza.

I don’t care for Cape May because I am not a Seafood person. But if you are people love this.

I’d do 50s prime time instead of mama Melrose. I hated Mama Melrose. Or maybe if you want to change some other things around the brown derby is great. Yatschman is an amazing choice.

Breakfast-9:25am Tusker House

I'm curious about your park plans on these days, because this is a fair bit of distance between your early meal and your dinner. Are you planning on hopping or taking midday breaks on these days, or will you be traveling just for your dinner plans?

Other than that - I absolutely would not do QS on your Disney Springs day. There are just too many good TS choices there! If you don't want to be tied to an ADR, check the Disney app or OpenTable (which often has better availability) for a last-minute table when you're starting to get hungry.

I'd also drop one of your F! package dinners. They tie you into the worst restaurants in Studios and at awkward times too. Pick a night to do F! with the package and change the other meal to 50s Prime Time or Sci-Fi. The food still won't be gourmet, but the atmosphere is fun and the food is a clear notch above either of the package restaurants you have booked.

And don't let the naysayers get to you. We love the DxDDP and I'm totally jealous of your nice, long stay. You can fit in so many great restaurants and still have plenty of park time!

I think it looks great....I did the DxDDP once, it was a lot of food but mostly because we didn't do a lot of 2TS meals....but we always do 2 sit down meals per day. I look forward to the break that a TS meal provides.

I think it sounds awesome!
Lots of time between meals, generally 2 a day. Using 2 credit meals

Still plenty of time to enjoy the parks. Have an awesome trip!

i think your plan looks great!
Only thing I might tweak, is used snack credits for lunch on your first DS day. Don't "waste" a credit on a QS meal.
I'd use that credit to get a meal at Via Napoli/the appys and desserts there look great. As long as you order a pizza or whatever that "feeds" everyone else, you can "share."
Have a blast!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter