How does ILL actually get charged?

JPJ

Earning My Ears
apologies if this has come up a lot but my searches aren't turning up the info... once I press the button to buy ILL, does it pull my card info from my account or do I need to enter the information? I'm stressing a little about the timing trying to make two ILL purchases and one genie+ selection all at 7am.....
also any tips on making sure that all the account stuff is linked before that 7 am time?

It will give you a visual on the card you have listed for "incidentals" in your account. I can't remember if you can change it at that point to a different card, so I can't speak to that. But, when you 'confirm', it charges your card on file.

Reactions: JPJ
For me, even though I already had a credit card linked to my account, because I was staying on-site, when it came to purchasing LL, I had to re-enter my credit card number. The only thing consistent about Disney is how inconsistent their computer systems/website/apps work. Their “systems” don’t seem to talk to one another. YMMV.

I would like to add to this question. If I have another party that I am managing (through friends and family), will I be able to add ILL and Genie+ for them and if so, do I have to pay for it right then or will it charge them separately?

- I stayed offsite.
- I have a CC on file on MDE.
- I never had to enter anything.
- I think it gave me choice of how I wanted to pay,
and I could enter something else. I clicked CC on file.

Got an email for Disney about all their custom design Gift Cards..... but then why won't MDE store a Disney Gift Card as a payment method?

We stayed on site, had a credit card on file in MDE. Never had to enter the number for Genie + or the individual rides.

I was staying on site, had a cc on file through MDE and still had to enter payment information.
I also had a credit card on file but it still wanted me to enter payment information. The information requested included full name and address. It was a huge pain and I had trouble getting it to work very fast. It was easier to use a gift card.

I also had a credit card on file but it still wanted me to enter payment information. The information requested included full name and address. It was a huge pain and I had trouble getting it to work very fast. It was easier to use a gift card.
I ran into that problem when I was doing ADRs and had to re enter the credit card for 2 of them, and then never again. Didn't have any issues with Genie +.
One of many bugs still in the app.

Is there a difference between having a credit card on file for your room charges, and having one on file for purchases made through the app, like mobile order, Genie+, and ILL?

I‘m wondering if people who say they already have a credit card on file only have one tied to the room reservation but not for the other charges. I know that with mobile order I have a credit card that shows up as the default but that I have been able to enter a Rewards card as the payment method. Unfortunately, at least as of my last visit, the Rewards card could not be stored as the default.

I guess I’ll find out when I try to purchase Genie+ on our first day.

Last edited:
apologies if this has come up a lot but my searches aren't turning up the info... once I press the button to buy ILL, does it pull my card info from my account or do I need to enter the information? I'm stressing a little about the timing trying to make two ILL purchases and one genie+ selection all at 7am.....
also any tips on making sure that all the account stuff is linked before that 7 am time?

I think the first thing would be trying to purchase Genie+ for the day well before 7 AM. If the Genie+ purchase goes through there shouldn’t be problems making the G+LL selection.

I would also expect, or at least hope, that once you have done that, the app would just show you the credit card you used for the G+ purchase as the default for the ILL transactions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter