• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you visit the parks without a bag?

For the life of me I have no idea why people want to carry all this stuff around like a Sherpa....I put my phone in my pocket...Driver license and credit card go in a lanyard around my neck...IF its going to rain or IF i'm going to ride water rides...I put my phone in a small zip lock baggie to protect it from getting wet.

I have meds I need to have with me. Plus, no way could I get by with what you take. I need to have sunscreen with me, or I would be bright red. I also keep some cash on hand as more than once I've gotten to a kiosk that was cash only due to computer problems. A battery charger for my phone is a must too.

We always go bagless. But we also stay at resorts close to the park and only go into the park for 3-4 hours at a time before taking a break. DH and I both carry our phones in our pockets. DH carries a wallet that I put my ID and insurance cards in, plus a little cash. I also have lip balm and he has a small tube of sunscreen in our pockets and we are good to go. When we are thirsty, we buy one bottle of water to share, and recycle the bottle when done so we don't have to carry it around. It's very liberating to not have to worry about a bag.

On our last couple of non-Disney vacations I have been using a travel vest. Our plan for Disney is to use the travel vest for phones, charger, and sunscreen. Do I just take it off at the metal detectors? Will they check the contents? The vest makes going through airport security a breeze (so does TSA Precheck and Clear) but wondering how it will work at Disney....

On our last couple of non-Disney vacations I have been using a travel vest. Our plan for Disney is to use the travel vest for phones, charger, and sunscreen. Do I just take it off at the metal detectors? Will they check the contents? The vest makes going through airport security a breeze (so does TSA Precheck and Clear) but wondering how it will work at Disney....
We've gone with vests a couple of trips. Generally we have just gone through the bagless line and sometimes a security guy stops us and does a quick pat down. We haven't worn them since WDW has had more metal detectors. I guess we'd just have to put the metal stuff into the tray and walk through.

When it was just my wife and I we wouldn't carry any bag. Would use magic bands for charging, and carry an iPhone that uses Apple Pay.

I like the cargo shorts that have a zip pocket for my phone. Or shorts that have a strong, full Velcro strip that will keep the shorts closed.

iPhone 7+ , only necessary cards in some sort of small,thin dollar store type container that I only use for the trip and a small travel container of sunblock that my wife and I split the burden on. I usually wear jeans and they have big enough pockets to squeeze all of this in usually. If I get annoyed, I get a locker but then I'm stuck with that key.

Ugh, I hated lugging around a bag in the parks. The day I decided to go bagless was the best day ever. All I bring is my wallet, maybe some gum, a poncho if it is supposed to rain or our AK day, and my MB. No phone for me. Seeing as she can't go anywhere without her phone I let DD lug around her phone.

Do any of you bagless, cargo-short wearing women have a recommendation for a brand that will hold an inhaler and a pair of sunglasses?

Do any of you bagless, cargo-short wearing women have a recommendation for a brand that will hold an inhaler and a pair of sunglasses?
I don't know the exact brand, I want to say st. Johns bay, they were at JC Penney, I got the capris but they had shorts that my friend bought too. Bonus was they were very lightweight and dried quickly after water rides. The lower pockets buttoned. I carried my phone, small stick sunscreen, tube of chapstick, cash, credit cards, gift cards and my sunglasses when I went on rides. This was last year but they may still have the same ones

I'm planning on my running belt too. It's a Nike mesh belt that can hold my phone, cards, money, and chapstick. And I wear it on my waist with the phone on my back under my shirt. Can't even tell it's there. :)

If I go bagless I usually go phone less as well. If I do take the phone I just hold it when I get on a ride. But I usually take a bag. I only do no bag when I have an short morning or short afternoon/evening.

I like the Eddie Bauer ripstock cargo capris. Buttons on cargo and back pockets. Size ranges include petites, regular, tall, and plus. On sale right now, too.

Definitely would fit your inhaler. I'm not sure about the sunglasses, since I use a glasses string (so I always have mine on or hanging around my neck.)

http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/w...5_catalog10002_en__US_EBSite?showProducts=111

I was inspired by the thought of going without a purse next trip, so I found some not too terrible looking cargo pants online, made by Dickies, so we'll see how they work. I figure ID and credit or gift card in my pin lanyard; a little cash in my pocket; benadryl in a pocket (just in case - food allergies); phone in the cargo pant pocket. Use sunscreen before we go in the morning and then reapply after mid-day break so I won't need to take it. I think that will work!

We went bagless for the evening; I purchased one of those jogging waist bands and put my id and phone in it.

For a morning trip, I took a small backpack to carry sunscreen to reapply for us and the kids, my battery backup for my phone, neo spray, bandaids, two granola bars, and napkins.

It wasn't bad with the small backpack, but I enjoyed bagless.

Went bagless for a whole trip for the first time this past January!! I'll never carry a bag again! I was previously using a wristlet, but it doesn't matter how small that was, I'd still have to wait in the same bag check line as people with overflowing strollers, large backpacks, coolers ...

Even though it was a January trip, it was unseasonably hot in the 80s, so no benefit of a jacket with pockets. Our tour style is - ropedrop, break, back at night.

I carried my phone in a case that closed like a book, and had a sleeve on the inside for my license (or I'd have my husband carry that). Convenient and it protected the phone in case it dropped. Most rides I would just hold it - ones that I was afraid it might come out of my hand, dh had to put it in his pocket (payback for decades of putting his sunglasses, etc. in my handbag).

When we go in June I plan on some days bringing a 'string bag' that I can fold flat and go through bagless - so I can shove everyone's sunglasses, etc in as we're in the parks (and collect any small souvenirs easily).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter