• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?*Final Thoughts & Farewells* 10/7 p100

Thanks for writing this, ME! It has been a blast reliving the trip and you did a great job keeping it moving as well as capturing all of the fun we had. :goodvibes

Thanks C! I had fun writing it and did do a good job at keeping it going, if I do say so myself. Cynthia also did an awesome job with her updates. I want to go back tonight and pick out my 4 favorite pictures (one from Melissa, one from you, one from Cynthia, and one from me). I know exact which one I am reposting of Melissa's. Its so super cool.

This made me laugh out loud! I LOVE it!

I think having the KP ring tone is an awesome idea. Why didn't I think of that?

Wonderful report ladies!!!!! What a fantastic trip you all had! And the return for 2012 is already in the works I see!! :thumbsup2

It sure is - at least for me!!!! I'm 99% sure Cynthia is on board as my roomie. I hope we can do some real planning when everyone gets back from their October trips.

MEK, I'll be catching up on your new PTR tonight!

I see that you already did! Thanks! I'll do you TA research on Hilton Head!

Each of the Ladies contributed wonderful pictures to this TR and there were many that were very memorable. You know the kind - the kind where when you look at them you wish YOU had taken. So Now I Present my Favorite Pictures.......

Naturally, one of my favorite pictures has to include a picture of the castle. I mean, come on - how can you NOT love a picture of the castle. I do recall that Christine got a ton of positive comments when she posted this picture:

026.jpg

It just looks like the perfect Disney day. What a wonderful screen saver this would be. On a bad day can't you just picture yourself sitting at one of those tables?

Cynthia took so many wonderful pictures with he new camera. It was hard to pick a favorite scenery picture, since they were all great. But, I have a thing about food and catching someone in the act of making great food just speaks to me. I love this picture. It's got great composition and leaves you really wanting that cookie.

Courtesy of Cynthia

2011FG053.jpg

Keeping with the food theme, I think I found one of Tracy's pictures that didn't get a lot of attention, but when I reviewed pictures I immediately wanted to drink one of these. Yes - even at 7am!!!!!

photo-13.jpg

Tracy was responsible for all the iconic drink pictures in our TR- the can in a can in a can picture and the lovely champagne in France, but I picked this one not only because I liked it, but because I am absolutely trying one of these in December!!!!!!!

The next picture is mine. When I originally posted this picture I said I loved it and at the end of this TR I still do. I remember thinking - how the HECK did I get that picture? That's when Denny made the blind squirrel comment. :headache:

Ta Da.....

IMG_2028.jpg

But....My favorite picture of the entire trip ......drum roll please.....was taken by Melissa

Seriously - this picture could be in a National Geographic magazine. It is perfect!

Thank you everyone for posting your wonderful pictures!!!!!

Up Next......PP Pics and Final Thoughts!

I loved our Pooh Photoshoot

Photo0022FourBySix.jpg

Photo0186FourBySix.jpg

Photo0031FourBySix.jpg

Photo0039FourBySix.jpg

Photo0013FourBySix.jpg

Hey You Guys - I think you're squeezing me out!

Photo0037FourBySix.jpg

Some of Us Managed to Find Some Other Characters along the Way

Photo0055FourBySix.jpg

Photo0009FourBySix.jpg

Photo0081FourBySix.jpg

Photo0006FourBySix.jpg

Photo0011FourBySix.jpg

There were a few familiar sights along the way

Photo0109FourBySix.jpg

Photo0180FourBySix.jpg

Photo0068FourBySix.jpg

Photo0147FourBySix.jpg

Photo0085FourBySix.jpg

Photo0164FourBySix.jpg

Photo0191FourBySix.jpg

Photo0047FourBySix.jpg

Photo0070FourBySix.jpg

Photo0141FourBySix.jpg

Photo0120FourBySix.jpg

Photo0169FourBySix.jpg

Continued.........

Continued......

And to conclude - a few special moments

Photo0158FourBySix.jpg

Photo0106FourBySix.jpg

Photo0177FourBySix.jpg

Photo0010FourBySix.jpg

Photo0090FourBySix.jpg

Photo0188FourBySix.jpg

Photo0073FourBySix.jpg

Photo0005FourBySix.jpg

Photo0089FourBySix.jpg

Photo0063FourBySix.jpg

Photo0061FourBySix.jpg

Photo0094FourBySix.jpg

Photo0137FourBySix.jpg

Photo0042FourBySix.jpg

Photo0117FourBySix.jpg

Photo0100FourBySix.jpg

Photo0096FourBySix.jpg

Photo0147FourBySix.jpg

Photo0126FourBySix.jpg

Photo0008FourBySix.jpg

Up Next....Final Thoughts

Loving all the pics! :thumbsup2

Of course the castle has to be included and I've said this before but the shot that Melissa took of the drummers is amazing!

Loving all the pics! :thumbsup2

Of course the castle has to be included and I've said this before but the shot that Melissa took of the drummers is amazing!

So glad you enjoyed them. Melissa's picture is amazing. It should be on the photography board. :thumbsup2

Ta Da.....

IMG_2028.jpg

But....My favorite picture of the entire trip ......drum roll please.....was taken by Melissa

Seriously - this picture could be in a National Geographic magazine. It is perfect!

Thank you everyone for posting your wonderful pictures!!!!!

Up Next......PP Pics and Final Thoughts!

Both of these are unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still catching up! :lmao: It maybe time for F&W 2012 by the time I get to the end!

I can't believe my picture is your fav! I most admit, I love that picture! I was soooo proud of myself when I saw it!!

Jen's non-magic magic shoot still cracks me up!!!

I love that you posted everyone's best shots! They're all so fantastic!

It is pretty funny when the magic part of the PP pics doesn't show up. I don't think there's anywhere else that photographers could tell people to just point at pavement and look surprised and everyone will do it! I also love the magic shots where the people look entirely confused, like "I guess I'm doing this for a reason...?" :laughing:

Both of these are unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well - you know what Denny said about mine, don't you?

Maybe not - the night I was editing and that picture came up I got so excited. I said, rather loudy, "You should see this picture I got. I can't believe I took such a cool picture".

And his replie - are you ready - "You know what they say. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes".

Can you believe I am still married to him??????

I bet Melissa's husband would never say that about her picture! :laughing:

I'm still catching up! :lmao: It maybe time for F&W 2012 by the time I get to the end!

:rotfl: It IS a little daunting, isn't it? When I went back to find the pictures I was a little overwhelmed! And I wrote most it! :laughing:

I can't believe my picture is your fav! I most admit, I love that picture! I was soooo proud of myself when I saw it!!

Everything is just right with that picture - the lighting, the coloring, the depth of field, the framing, the subject matter. I could go on, but you get the idea! You should be proud and I bet you DH did NOT call you a blind squirrel. See Above! :rotfl2:

Jen's non-magic magic shoot still cracks me up!!!

Seriously - that should NEVER happen! :sad2:

I love that you posted everyone's best shots! They're all so fantastic!

Thank you! I liked all of those shots from the time each was posted, so I knew I had to go back and repost them one more time!

It is pretty funny when the magic part of the PP pics doesn't show up. I don't think there's anywhere else that photographers could tell people to just point at pavement and look surprised and everyone will do it! I also love the magic shots where the people look entirely confused, like "I guess I'm doing this for a reason...?" :laughing:

:laughing: that's exactly how I was the first time they posed me for a magic shot. I just stood there.."huh?"

It is pretty comical when they don't turn out. Jen and I had a shot that was supposed to have the Soarin glider in it. We look pretty silly staring into thin air. :rolleyes:

Final thoughts & farewells!!!!

So - this is it. My last post. My final thoughts.

What Can I say that I haven't already?

Well, first I would like to thank all our readers - old and new alike. I met a lot of new, wonderful DISers during this TR and in doing so have increased my circle of new DIS friends. Thank you all for sticking with this sometimes confusing and crazy group TR.

And for my DIS friends that got overwhelmed and dropped out, I hope I will see you on my new TR. Most of you have already stopped by and that is awesome!

The most important thing I want to say is this -

If you are new to the DIS or you haven't met a DISer in real life, just DO IT! When I think of how far I've come from the time I first meet Christine back in 09 (my first meet) to where I am today. WOW! I was so nervous about that DIS meet. Would I recognize her? Would I like her? More importantly, would she like me?

I think the most wonderful thing about establishing a DIS friendship is that you really do it by choice, not because you happen to be neighbors with that person or because you attend PTA or soccer games together. You establish a friendship because you share a common interest, a passion. Through the DIS you get to know people on a different level and you truly feel like they are old friends by the time you meet! By writing instead of speaking you reveal more about yourself. You go to a deeper level. That art of communication by paper and pencil is fading, but on the DIS boards you cultivate that skill. It keeps your brain sharp.

I look forward to future girl trips. They really are liberating. If you're a DISer and you are considering a girlfriend trip, Just DO IT! It's so liberating. It makes you appreciate your free time, while at the same time it makes you appreciate your family. I think its essential for all women.

So what's in store for me:

Well in 16 days I have another GF trip planned at HHI. I am very much looking forward to exploring this little Disney hidden gem.

On December 14th I return to the world for 5 nights with Denny and my son Nicholas. I am very much looking forward to Christmas in the world since its been about 3 years since I've seen the Christmas festivities.

On June 10th I have a 5 night reservation at the Treehouse Villas! :cool1: I have invited my brother and his family to join Denny, Nick and I there. Then Denny and I (and maybe Nick) will stick around to spend another 3 nights at VWL. I am still toying with the idea of changing that reservation to BWV, but I'm pretty much 50-50 right now.

Then in October of next year I will be returning for F&W 2012. Exact dates have not been decided, but I am hoping that Cynthia and I can stay for 6 nights at BWV. I will definitely be there for October 19th, which is Caitlin Burn's wedding. I promised Caitlin I would take some pre wedding pictures for her and I am very excited to be part of her pre wedding plans! :woohoo:

Beyond that, I don't know. I am really thinking that I need to take Nick on a Disney cruise in 2013 for his HS graduation. If he is not interested then Denny and I will probably wait until fall of 2013 and plan a big solo trip since we will be empty nesters. Hard to believe I am really that old! :eek:

So I would like to conclude with this trip's TOP TEN!

10. Seeing the new queue at HM
9. Spending quiet time on Tom Sawyer Island to chill and take pictures
8. Finally staying at the Beach Club Villas
7. Chilling at the BCV quiet pool with a noodle (not), can in a can in a can and other adult beverages
6. Eating dinner at Blue Zoo with the whole group
5. Meeting my wonderful roommate Cynthia in person
4. Walking through Christine's private entrance over and over and over again. And walking back out again after park closure.
3. Seeing Epcot rope drop from the "other" side.
2. Finally, yes, finally having a margarita from the Ditch

and the #1 top 10 for me has to be..........

1. The African Trek

So friends, that's a wrap!

Stayed Tuned, though, because I think some of the other ladies have some final thoughts coming up! :thumbsup2

Have a Disney Day!:wizard:

There really were some amazing pictures in this TR! :thumbsup2

And great final thoughts Mary Ellen! You are so right about DISers & what we share with each other. I hope to meet you one day! Maybe fall 2012... :rolleyes1

MEK, I love the great pictures of all of you DISer's and the final wrap-up.

The most important thing I want to say is this -

If you are new to the DIS or you haven't met a DISer in real life, just DO IT! When I think of how far I've come from the time I first meet Christine back in 09 (my first meet) to where I am today. WOW! I was so nervous about that DIS meet. Would I recognize her? Would I like her? More importantly, would she like me?

I think the most wonderful thing about establishing a DIS friendship is that you really do it by choice, not because you happen to be neighbors with that person or because you attend PTA or soccer games together. You establish a friendship because you share a common interest, a passion. Through the DIS you get to know people on a different level and you truly feel like they are old friends by the time you meet! By writing instead of speaking you reveal more about yourself. You go to a deeper level. That art of communication by paper and pencil is fading, but on the DIS boards you cultivate that skill. It keeps your brain sharp.

If I hadn't taken a chance on meeting a complete stranger, I would have never met my "little sister" -- Nicki who is one of the most important people in my life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter