How do you spend your departure day?

since we have a 7-8 hour flight home we always get an early flight so we usualy only have enough time to eat breakfast before catching the bus to the airport :(

We go from 12/24-1/2, usually. 12/31 is obviously a late night so we spend 1/1 sleeping in and going to Disney Springs or the Boardwalk and maybe stopping by EPCOT. We end it with a nice dinner and leave 1/2 very early.

This year is a little different. We're leaving 1/1 for an 8pm flight. This thread has been very helpful. We booked an extra day in the parks (for 1/1) just incase there's a snack we didn't eat yet or ride we didn't do. Last year we stopped at EPCOT and it was empty. We're staying at the Beach Club so we'll probably walk to EPCOT for a few hours before crying and boarding the ME.

We like to use that time for a character breakfast. Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana are our favorites, but we have also been known to do Cape May Cafe and 1900 Park Fare. Every now and then we will choose to do something other than a character meal, such as Whispering Canyon, but it's always going to be a fun experience that is uniquely Disney. Then, we usually will spend some time at Disney Springs or the resort pool. We are usually getting on Magical Express around 2:30 and discussing why we didn't by a MY Dumbo like Carissa has.

On the day we depart it is all determined by the time of the flight out of Orlando. We always attempt to get an afternoon flight home so we can at least have time for breakfast at the resort and maybe a little time to relax at the pool before heading to the Disney's Magical Express back to the airport.

We used to take a late afternoon/ early evening flight and unfortunately we have a 2 hour drive home after landing, however, several years ago with weather and delays our plane did not land until after midnight. A two hour drive after midnight in torrential rain made work the next day a nightmare. It is a shame because going to Chef's de France for lunch and then leaving made it feel less painful.

You'll find me in the Magic Kingdom usually on my departure day. I've tried Animal Kingdom but was a sweaty mess afterward and was thankful I had a change of clothes and fresh deodorant in my carryon bag so I could clean up before boarding Magical Express.

I tried Epcot - it was too big to really enjoy, and Hollywood Studios wasn't as much fun on my last morning either so now it's back to Magic Kingdom.

When I'm with the family, we usually drive so in that case we tend to go to Disney Springs for a couple of hours before hitting the road. Sometimes we just get up and hit the road for home too.

We like taking a late flight back as well, we usually have a casual breakfast and hit up MK one more time or the pool before heading out for the airport, just depends on our mood.

We love going to Magic Kingdom, our favorite park, one last time to say "until next time!" and fastpass our favorite rides and eat a favorite snack (or two or three!) I will always try and get a late flight so we can do just that...so much fun!

We usually get a flight that leaves Orlando around 7 pm. For our last day, we usually spend the day in Epcot (since we stay at the Boardwalk Villas). We go over the holidays, so walking around the World Showcase and seeing all the storytellers is a nice way to relax. We always try to take it easy. Sleep in until 9 and then head over around 10:30 or 11. I like staying close to the resort, so it is either Epcot or Hollywood Studios. I want a park that is within walking distance, so I'm not relying so much on transportation to get back to the resort. I try to get back to the resort about 30-45 minutes before my scheduled pick-up time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter