• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How do you pass the time waiting for your next disney trip?

Julia L

Earning My Ears
I have about another month until i go to disney and i'm dying! So bored! My boyfriend is in miami and i'll be visiting him for thanksgiving. But right now i'm so missing disney. Cant stop excessively planning our trip. Also any advice for making my boyfriends first trip to disney world his best? No budget!

So, you have 2 questions: The one in your thread title and the one at the end of your post.
My answer to both is to read all you can on these forums and watch the DIS unplugged podcasts!

I would recommend not overplanning and trying to find things to add. a first trip is the baseline for any future trip and there is such a thing as setting the bar too high. Your going to show him around and why you love the place, he'll have a ball. take him to a few of your favorite spots to eat.. It's easy to overwhelm someone that has never been. running around like a chicken with your head off is not many peoples idea of a vacation..

As far as what to do to pass the time. I think at some point you need to turn away from the planning. I personally find it helps when you get back because the trip doesn't blur into the plan so you take a break, do the vacation and get home to work.. I find the other way you plan, do it but it doesn't really feel like you went and then you get home anxious to get to your vacation but you just did it..

Did you get the new shoes yet? are you ready to walk 7-15 miles per day? walk around the neighborhood adding a little more every day, break in the new shoes now and get through the pain and build up your muscles before you get there.

I watched a lot of vlogs the last couple months before my trip! The Park Hoppers, Tom and Sophie, and SeeYaReelSoon are my faves.

I would recommend not overplanning and trying to find things to add. a first trip is the baseline for any future trip and there is such a thing as setting the bar too high. Your going to show him around and why you love the place, he'll have a ball. take him to a few of your favorite spots to eat.. It's easy to overwhelm someone that has never been. running around like a chicken with your head off is not many peoples idea of a vacation..

As far as what to do to pass the time. I think at some point you need to turn away from the planning. I personally find it helps when you get back because the trip doesn't blur into the plan so you take a break, do the vacation and get home to work.. I find the other way you plan, do it but it doesn't really feel like you went and then you get home anxious to get to your vacation but you just did it..

Did you get the new shoes yet? are you ready to walk 7-15 miles per day? walk around the neighborhood adding a little more every day, break in the new shoes now and get through the pain and build up your muscles before you get there.
Right I shouldn't get too excited because I don't wanna be too naggy for on the vacation haha

Constantly trying to find ways to squeeze in another visit even sooner!

There are also a lot of Disney podcasts involved.

I'll second the suggestion to walk, walk, walk. It is a great way to think things through, clear the mind. Walking is great for mind, and body, and will help get you ready for all the walking in Disney World. It is so easy to rack up 7+ miles a day there. Most of us don't walk nearly that much in our daily lives, so the feet tend to be unhappy at Disney. Get used to walking several miles a day, have the boyfriend do the same. Happy feet make for a happy vacation :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter