How Do you get to your restaurant?

tigger2002

DIS Veteran
We have eaten at a lot of the restaurants when staying on Disney property, but have not eaten on property when just visiting the Orlando area. How do you normally get to the restaurants? Do you drive there or use Disney transportation? I would like to shop at Disney springs and then take a bus or boat to our restaurant. Maybe even tour around some.

Nevermind, I finally understand what you mean. I need to pay better attention, sorry about that

We have eaten at a lot of the restaurants when staying on Disney property, but have not eaten on property when just visiting the Orlando area. How do you normally get to the restaurants? Do you drive there or use Disney transportation? I would like to shop at Disney springs and then take a bus or boat to our restaurant. Maybe even tour around some.

i'm a local so it's the same as offsite. If alcohol might be involved, uber / lyft / taxi and I jsut go directly to where the restaurant is located. If driving, same. if I want to hit springs or something after then i'd just drive over unless I ubered and then i'll take disney transportation. I'm anywhere from $7 to $12 each way anywhere on property. I generally eat at places that are $100ish a person so it's a drop in the bucket for the uber to keep me safe on the road.

In this situation, we typically drive directly to the restaurant. If the restaurant is at a resort, you simply tell the gate attendant that you are having dinner. Technically, Disney transportation is reserved only for resort guests, although there isn't a way to know and no one checks. Have fun.

I was in Orlando a few years ago for business and had some free time and visited Disney Springs then drove over to Poly to visit and for a ride on the monorail then over to Yacht Club and ate at Crew's Cup. I dislike the Disney buses so I wouldn't take a bus from Disney Springs to a resort. You could take the boat from Disney Springs to Port Orleans and eat there but the wait for a boat can sometimes be pretty long. As others have mentioned, can/Uber is also an option, but if I had a car I'd just drive to save the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter