How do appetizers/wine work if on dining plan?

Farro

Argh.
So we will have table service dining plan, but I already know at some places we will want appetizers and wine, ahem, all places.

So do they just credit the entree and dessert to your plan, and then charge your card for apps/wine?

Also, does anyone know if I can order the Flatbread at Chefs de Frances and use it as my entree? Or is that considered an appetizer?

Thanks!!!

Yes. You pay for the apps and wine and the overall gratuity.

The flatbread is an appetizer at Chefs. It is explicitly listed under Appetizers. They might let you swap it, but swapping an appetizer for an entree is a very poor value on DDP -- flatbread is $13-14, and the cheapest entree starts at $19, going up to $36.

Thanks. I'm not worried about the value - we buy the plan purely for convenience of having it all paid off (we are some of "those" people :rotfl:).

But I do really want it and it would fill me up. If they let me swap it, great, if not I'm sure I can share it and pay for it as an appetizer and find an entree to eat! :)

Thanks. I'm not worried about the value - we buy the plan purely for convenience of having it all paid off (we are some of "those" people :rotfl:).

But I do really want it and it would fill me up. If they let me swap it, great, if not I'm sure I can share it and pay for it as an appetizer and find an entree to eat! :)
Why not order what you want and save the credit for another meal?

Why not order what you want and save the credit for another meal?

Well - Do they allow some people to pay with dining plan/some not at same dinner? My boyfriend and sister would use their credits, I would pay out of pocket for my flatbread? That way I can use my credit for breakfast...

Yes, think of the dining plan as a payment method. You can mix it and other payment methods just as you could mix credit cards, cash, room charges, and gift cards.

It's just very restricted in what it can be used to pay for.

Yes, think of the dining plan as a payment method. You can mix it and other payment methods just as you could mix credit cards, cash, room charges, and gift cards.

It's just very restricted in what it can be used to pay for.

Thanks! I spoke with my sister and between the three of us (myself/boyfriend and sister) we will take turns putting the extras on our cards tied to our magic bands. Or one person will pay for apps/drinks/tip at dinner and the others will buy the cocktails for that person throughout the day! :p:p:p

I also forgot I will have about $100 in rewards from my Disney Visa - we can certainly spend that at food/wine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter