• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How "Disney" is your house?

IloveWINNIEthePOOH

<font color=blue>Promises to wear sweat absorbing
Too many times to mention, we have house guests who come in and say, "WOW, you must really like Disney!" Or, "Disney is everywhere in here!" Or my favorite, "Looks like there was some sort of Disney explosion in your house!"
I was wondering, how "Disney" has your house become?
In our house, it's in every room.
Kitchen- Disney plates, disney cups and mugs, hot cocoa & coffee canisters from DW on display, mickey statue on top of fridge, wdw calendar, mickey blender, tons of Disney tins, MK post-it holder w/ disney pens in it as well.
Living room- 3-4 disney snowglobes, WDW lithos (from World of Disney) a mickey blanket drooped on couch, 10 pooh plushies (all different styles/colors), animated mickey lamp, animated pooh lamp, mickey ornament wreath, lenox mickey statues, 3-4 disney photo frames.. with pictures of the family in WDW, mickey clock.
Bedrooms- parents has PotC poster and a few pictures of the family in WDW. DB20- PotC figurines, stitch plush, disney villians snowglobe (note:this is along with about 8 heavy metal band posters), tons of pictures on shelf from WDW. DB10- Alaska airlines disney plane, Fillmore, Lightning McQueen and Sarge Hotwheels and mini disney football, baseball and basketball. Mine- too much to mention but my bed is mickey sheets comforter, etc, two large shelf cases are strictly devoted to disney (and NOTHING else), TONS of pictures on wall of the fab 5, stitch plush, and lots of other misc. disney stuff.

Anyone else got the Disney fever like my family?

We have a bit in our Bedroom, Some X-mas decos up right now,Few kitchen things mugs liquid ice cubes.

But look in my SIG at DD's Tink Room as it's so over the top and fun to be in.

While I respect your mania, I just can't do it. It is limited to the DVDs on the shelf and the toys in the girls' room. For me it would take the shine off being there.

My kitchen here in NY is very Disney, but we have a rental house in Kissimmee that is totally Disney! Between me and my sister, we went Disney decorating crazy!

You would be hard pressed to find a trace of Disney in our house. We enjoy visiting Walt Disney World but not necessarily go nuts over the characters, movies, etc. Just not us.

There are vacation pics up in the house but even those are vague in location. I think I have some Mickey wine charms in the china cabinet I've used once...

That's about it. It's really not our decorating style to do themes like Disney...

(my mom's place - that's another story!! tons of Disney/Mickey!)

Disney is absolutely everywhere in my apartment- dolls, posters, dvds, plushies, pins, etc. My room looks as if it belongs to a 10 year old.

Disney is kept in the kitchen:

A few prints
A Sorcerer Mickey statue (hoping to get Jedi Mickey) and a Yankees Mickey
Pictures, and cookie jar
Just bought a few dinner and salad plates as well as serving bowl
Kitchen rugs
My favorite: My paper towel holder

It may seem overboard to some. We are so far from any of the parks that I have to bring a little of the park home. Also,I think the kitchen should be a happy place where family gathers. For me, Disney makes me happy, and my sister always says that my kitchen is the most magical one around. Too bad that magic doesn't have any influence on my cooking.

my house is decorated in a country theme, but I do have a curio cabinet full of Disney snowglobes, which I collect! I also have some Disney collector's plates in a glass cabinet, but only about 5.

I have started a Disney cruise room though!! We have a spare bedroom in our new house, which is a guest room but we hardly ever have overnight guests, so I decided to use this room to store things for our Disney cruise. It's still 15 months away but I already bought a few small things! I plan on hanging shelves in there and decorating it in a nautical theme, with all of our souvies we bring back from our cruise! DH thinks I have lost my mind! pirate:

We have a Disney family room with a Nemo bathroom adjacent to it.
Both rooms are painted in the Disney colors from Home Depot.

Disney family room has:

Mickey Disney door from Home Depot
Mickey coffee table
Mickey End table
Mickey mirror
Mickey magnetic whiteboard (all our WDW magnets are on it)
Hang our lanyards with pins from hooks on the whiteboard
2 Mickey lamps
Mickey blankets (keep these in our 2 Mickey tote bins on the floor)
Happiest Celebration on Earth Big Fig
2 Mickey doormats
antenna toppers displayed in a Disney vase
too many other things to list (stuffed animals, nightlights, etc.)

We had shelves built in to one wall. On the shelves are all our:
snowglobes
WDW picture frames
Disney figurines
WDW collectors' plates
Disney games (Clue, Monopoly, puzzles, etc.)

Nemo bathroom has a Nemo door from Home Depot & is all Nemo inside.

DH owns a frame shop, so the walls are covered with professionally framed Photopass Pictures & all our Chef Mickey pictures.

We also have many framed posters we had made at the Kodak Imageworks Lab in Epcot.

**Forgot to add that DD12 has her own Mickey bathroom (shower curtain, bath mat, towels, etc) upstairs off of her room.

I need to get poster frams and I will have some stuff up. There are some plushies and a BAB dressed as Tinkerbell.

My outward Disney expression has 4 legs, walks and barks, and runs this house lol.

My kids rooms are totally Disney. DD3 has a nemo themed room. I did the seaweed, bubbles and colors like the Disney Home Depot brochure shows. I bought sea themed decorations like a captains wheel and painted it orange. His shelves are orange too. It's really cute

DD6 has a flower painted room but it's decorated all princesses. Dh is working on a castle loft bed for her. She is sooo into princesses.

Our family room has a shelf where we keep our Disney collectibles such as classics collection, snowglobes and picture frames. We really dont have anything else Disney in the house. I have a ton of movie posters that I am ready to frame and hang if we move to a house where we can have a game room of some kind.

Dh has the wire topiaries from disneyshopping out in our yard. Now if only the plants would grow faster they wouldn't look so silly.

Most of our Christmas decorations are Disney so when it's the season our house looks like Disney exploded all over it!!!

My house is full of Mickey Mouse!

In the words of one teen boy....

"Geez, Mickey is like WORSHIPED in this house!"

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

We have a lot of Disney in our home, but we're trying to keep it subtle. During the Christmas season "subtle" goes out the window. :earsboy:

I mostly have Disney in the bathroom and kitchen. Towels, shower curtain, paper towel holder, napkin holder, sink strainers, silverwware, and toaster. My favorites are in my living room, though most people don't know what they are. I have one of the haunted mansion tapestry hanging on my wall(quicksand) and one of the headstones(Cousin Huet) on an end table.

Both kids have Disney rooms, and throughout the house we have some misc. Disney stuff here and there. Kind of like Hidden Mickeys! : )

Many of our framed photographs were taken in WDW. If anyone stops to look at the photos, they'd notice the Disney theme right away.

You would be hard pressed to find a trace of Disney in our house. We enjoy visiting Walt Disney World but not necessarily go nuts over the characters, movies, etc. Just not us.

There are vacation pics up in the house but even those are vague in location. )

Pretty much the same here.

But we did have a mickey nursey for about one year.

One whole room was Disney, I collect old and unique Disney Items. All have been put into storage. Construction will be starting on the house in 3 months.

Old Disney prints, figures, books and all kinds of odd and ends. Anything "pie-eyed" stays. Although I do have a few new items I've purchased at Disney over the years. Besides Disney I'm a Pooh nut and collect tons of early Pooh items.

My dining room has 5 sericels and 1 picture of a Disneyland train with one of the original spikes from the train track.
Also have a snow globe on the table.

I've been told that I have the happiest house they've ever been in.:goodvibes

Every room, and I mean every room has a trace of disney in it :thumbsup2

I love the big figurines, and I have many scattered throughout my home. I can't get enough of them.

My recent addition is the light-up Cinderella Castle:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter