How crazy is Bus at night at MK?

gemduncan

Mouseketeer
We are spending 1 day at MK on Thursday, Feb 16. We are staying at AoA. How crazy is the wait time to get MagicExpress from MK to AoA? Park closes at 8pm that night.

First, Magic Express is the name of the bus system from the airport to the individual resort hotels.

The buses usually circulate every 20 minutes or so, and probably a bit more frequently towards the end of the night.

Might have no wait at all, might have a two-bus wait.

First, Magic Express is the name of the bus system from the airport to the individual resort hotels.

The buses usually circulate every 20 minutes or so, and probably a bit more frequently towards the end of the night.

Might have no wait at all, might have a two-bus wait.

Sorry for the wrong terminology. I've updated the title to reflect the right transportation type. Good to know buses won't be too bad at night. Thanks!

not sure if you know or not but if you drive a car to MK you will have to get either the monorail or ferry back to parking lot and then a tram most likely to get to your car. it is not possible to walk from parking lot to MK. just to make sure you knew this based on question asked

not sure if you know or not but if you drive a car to MK you will have to get either the monorail or ferry back to parking lot and then a tram most likely to get to your car. it is not possible to walk from parking lot to MK. just to make sure you knew this based on question asked

No, I did not know. Thank you! We will not have a car while there. We will be relying on Disney buses.

If you wait inside the park 20-30 minutes after park closing, the bus situation will be much improved. Grab a snack or shop in the Emporium, everything on Main Street stays open past park close.

I guess it depends if you are planning on staying for Wishes as that starts at 8 pm when the parks close. If you sneak out of the park while the fireworks are happening or a little before 8 pm, you probably will get hit with a lighter line at the bus stops. However, once Wishes ends, get ready for long lines and possibly waiting for a couple of buses (half-hour wait) before you even board your bus.

Good news is that Disney usually has buses staging once Wishes ends so sometimes multiple buses come for one resort.

I like to hang around the park after the fireworks for 1/2-1 hour.... let the bus crowds clear a bit,enjoy the sights,have a snack..... much easier than fighting crowds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter