• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How cold is water at Secret River Cozumel??

Forever a Princess

One bottle of ketchup is not enough!
Hello!!

We are thinking about doing the Secret River excursion at Cozumel.

I've read that they give you wet suits.

How cold is the water??

Are you referring to Xcaret? If so, we did it and I didn't think the water was that cold. It was certainly cool, but not bad enough to warrant a wet suit. I would imagine it might also depend on the time of year too.

Sue Ellen

I just got off the Fantasy last month and did the Secret River excursion. It's definitely chilly at first (you are in an underground cavern system, after all), but like any chilly water, you get used to it pretty quickly. Plus, the views are so amazing you'll barely notice! (And please get yourself a walking stick when they offer them. I made the mistake of not....)

I would say it is cool but you get used to it pretty quickly in your wet suit. Enjoy the excursion! It is my all-time favorite! :cool1:

without a wet suit and I don't like cold water. Cold to jump into but got used to it pretty quickly

We went early January. I wore a one piece and the life swim vest thing, hubby trunks, rash guard and vest. One woman opted for the wet suit. I would have been uncomfortably warm in the suit! It was maybe 78-80 outside, maybe mid 70's in the cave and the water seemed the same as the air temp. It's super humid. We were very comfortable. We really enjoyed thus excursion and the "snack" they served that day was one of the more enjoyable lunches we had s cruise!

We did the Secret River at Cozumel: loved it! Absolutely fantastic. No problem with feeling cold. My 12 year old daughter, who does not have an ounce of fat on her body and looks like a slender refugee, had no problem with the water. Enjoy!

We did the excursion in April of last year, and it was chilly. The shortie wetsuit was definitely needed. The excursion was amazing, and the food was good as stated in a previous post. It said snack in the description last year, but it was a full blown buffet lunch. Make sure to bring a credit card to purchase the picture CD which was extremely reasonable compared to some excursions. We were actually surprised that they weren't pushing merchandise or the CD. Beware of the storefronts near the ferry who were just the opposite, pushy and harrassing.

I have nothing to contribute but I just wanna say that I love your CC wedding pics in the signature. So cute.

Got kids? If not, ignore my posts.

This response is based on a PP and my knowledge of the area. IE; No swim caves on Cozumel.

This excursion takes you to the mainland of Mexico. You have to take the ferry from Cozumel to Playa.

I just want to add, once you debark the ship, you spend at least one hour traveling in another boat, each way, crammed with others, across a strait, known for unpredictable seas, to cram in a vehicle, then descend in a cold cave, with cold water, to experience dark surroundings. :confused3

Yes I have done this. But from the mainland. Many don't realize you ferry from Cozumel to the mainland. This excursion can be wonderful given daily conditions.

The ferry can be unpredictable regarding the seas.

Just trying to share. Yes obviously looking back we would have chosen a different excursion. However, we are thrilled that we did such a venture, I only question the value of any mainland excursion from Cozumel. The time involved is significant. YMMV.

http://www.www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2995110

http://httwww.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023186

We were there in July and were not cold at all (we did wear the wetsuits) I would say the water was comfortably chilly but not cold or uncomfortable in any way. We did not want to get out and would have gladly stayed in there for another hour & 1/2. Have fun!!!

We did the excursion in April of last year, and it was chilly. The shortie wetsuit was definitely needed. The excursion was amazing, and the food was good as stated in a previous post. It said snack in the description last year, but it was a full blown buffet lunch. Make sure to bring a credit card to purchase the picture CD which was extremely reasonable compared to some excursions. We were actually surprised that they weren't pushing merchandise or the CD. Beware of the storefronts near the ferry who were just the opposite, pushy and harrassing.

Thanks for the advice!! :thumbsup2

Got kids? If not, ignore my posts.

This response is based on a PP and my knowledge of the area. IE; No swim caves on Cozumel.

This excursion takes you to the mainland of Mexico. You have to take the ferry from Cozumel to Playa.

I just want to add, once you debark the ship, you spend at least one hour traveling in another boat, each way, crammed with others, across a strait, known for unpredictable seas, to cram in a vehicle, then descend in a cold cave, with cold water, to experience dark surroundings. :confused3

Yes I have done this. But from the mainland. Many don't realize you ferry from Cozumel to the mainland. This excursion can be wonderful given daily conditions.

The ferry can be unpredictable regarding the seas.

Just trying to share. Yes obviously looking back we would have chosen a different excursion. However, we are thrilled that we did such a venture, I only question the value of any mainland excursion from Cozumel. The time involved is significant. YMMV.

http://www.www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2995110

http://httwww.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3023186

Thanks for the info!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter