• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Awesome Or Awful Is Your Favorite MLB Team?

I am a Blue Jays fan, thanks to my Canadian wife. We're below average at this minute, but on a major upswing over the next several years. It'll be exciting to see where our core of Bichette, Guerrero, Biggio and Gurriel can take us. The Front Office made a lot of offseason additions to our pitching staff and our upper minor league teams have tons of promising young power arms, most notably Nate Pearson. We're very solid at catcher, but could use a good 1B. But all in all, we should have a pretty exciting playoff window from 2021 - 2024...although we play in the AL East, so there's always that.

With the announcement that Thor is having TJ surgery, can it be any worse for Met fans right now !!
You guys will learn to love Stroman. I'm sad that the Jays traded him away.

Speaking of which, there's so much potential with the Jays that I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see them play this season (maybe).

Indians fan - as it turns out, postponing the start of the season might actually help them, as they could use a couple extra months to get a few of their key players healthy (Clevinger and Carrasco). We'll miss Kluber, but with recent injuries, not sure how much more he had left in the tank. And, of course, everyone is worried about losing Francisco Lindor, but for now, we just have to enjoy watching him play for as long as we can.

You guys will learn to love Stroman. I'm sad that the Jays traded him away.

Speaking of which, there's so much potential with the Jays that I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see them play this season (maybe).

Hope so, but look at him as more as a 3 - was much better second half last year - and was having very good spring

Orioles fan. And they are pretty awful right now. Can only get better.

I am a Blue Jays fan, thanks to my Canadian wife. We're below average at this minute, but on a major upswing over the next several years. It'll be exciting to see where our core of Bichette, Guerrero, Biggio and Gurriel can take us. The Front Office made a lot of offseason additions to our pitching staff and our upper minor league teams have tons of promising young power arms, most notably Nate Pearson. We're very solid at catcher, but could use a good 1B. But all in all, we should have a pretty exciting playoff window from 2021 - 2024...although we play in the AL East, so there's always that.

We actually got to see the Jays play a spring training game in Dunedin earlier this month, just before they shut down the MLB teams. That's a young, exciting team with lots of up side over the next few years - if they find some pitching. But that's a tough division to compete in with all the money the Yankees and Red Sox throw around - but I hope the Jays do well. They're worth the price of admission.

Both of my teams have their pros and cons so I kinda don't pay attention for a while. I don't know what kind of fan that makes me, but I'm pretty steadfast in my support about them, but I also don't let their changes... rises/falls get me down. SF Giants and the Yankees -- I lived in SF for a long time and I really do feel the love for them. Yankees is like my home team.

Yeah, with Thor and deGrom he's probably a 3, but he could easily be your ace if needed.

Think I read some bad news regarding Thor earlier today - if it's true, he's not pitching this season. Not sure Strohman's going to be enough to replace Thor and Wheeler.

Longtime O's fan but they have been truly awful for several years. I can't even bear to watch anymore. Second, the Nats. Might just be a fair-weather fan and only root for the team on the other side of town this year.

By the way, to add a bit of levity, the big winners in this whole bizarre situation? Houston Astros. cheating on balls and strikes doesn’t seem so important right about now.

A forever optimistic Cub fan here. It could be good, it could be great....it's the Cubs...

We actually got to see the Jays play a spring training game in Dunedin earlier this month, just before they shut down the MLB teams. That's a young, exciting team with lots of up side over the next few years - if they find some pitching. But that's a tough division to compete in with all the money the Yankees and Red Sox throw around - but I hope the Jays do well. They're worth the price of admission.

Had tix for the March 14th game, but that was 2 days after they shut down Spring Training, so we missed out this year. We'll be back next year to see the new stadium.

Another White Sox fan. Their young lineup is going to be amazing, I don't think other fans realize how much talent they have on the south side of Chicago. Need a few of the young, promising pitchers to step up. As the pitching develops, the Sox should have a multi year window to contend for a World Series championship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter