How are the crowds right now?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I was just looking at the crowd calendar and just wondered?
It is showing that the first half of August will be more crowded than most of June and July.
According to Touring Plans it looks like August will be more crowded than last year :confused3.

Been here for the past 5 days. Overall crowds are light for the summer (lighter than my trips in Sept and Dec 2015). That being said it's disney so it's never dead and places like main street during parades/wishes are packed. Ecpot was especially light on Monday. Only wait 20 mins for frozen standby at 10:30am.

Weather has been great for this time of year. Not one drop of rain.

Been here for the past 5 days. Overall crowds are light for the summer (lighter than my trips in Sept and Dec 2015). That being said it's disney so it's never dead and places like main street during parades/wishes are packed. Ecpot was especially light on Monday. Only wait 20 mins for frozen standby at 10:30am.

I agree. We are here now and the crowds are lighter, and the weather has been better than we ever expected. Between FP+ and lack of crowds, touring the parks has been great.

Sounds pretty good for July.

I agree. We are here now and the crowds are lighter, and the weather has been better than we ever expected. Between FP+ and lack of crowds, touring the parks has been great.
Thats good ! I see on Touring Plans it is mostly 7's this week and then goes up to 8's and 9's in August.

It is showing that the first half of August will be more crowded than most of June and July.
According to Touring Plans it looks like August will be more crowded than last year :confused3.
We got back last Wednesday, and crowds were low-to-medium when we were there. The theme park crowds, that is. Blizzard Beach was uber-crowded, even 30 minutes after rope drop on a Monday. Typhoon Lagoon was better.

We did see a few tour groups at the parks, but they were not problematic, except for one group of girls who chanted :rolleyes2, but they passed by us quickly. My S.O. pointed out that the chanting is a cultural thing, & they're not trying to be annoying. Indeed, they were otherwise polite and well-behaved.

Last edited:
We got back last Wednesday, and crowds were low-to-medium when we were there. The theme park crowds, that is. Blizzard Beach was uber-crowded, even 30 minutes after rope drop on a Monday. Typhoon Lagoon was better.

We did see a few tour groups at the parks, but they were not problematic, except for one group of girls who chanted :rolleyes2, but they passed by us quickly. My S.O. pointed out that the chanting is a cultural thing, & they're not trying to be annoying. Indeed, they were otherwise polite and well-behaved.
Oh it is a good thing the tour group were not problematic, some people say they have trouble with them when trying to get in lines for the rides.

Lucky! We were there the week before & got the daily thunderstorms, sometimes causing resort pools to close mid-day. Good thing I'd planned for summer weather, but it was still a bit of a pain. One upside of them was that after a miserably crowded morning at Blizzard Beach, an early thunderstorm hit and lasted for 2 hours, chasing most folks out of the water park. We waited it out & were rewarded with very short lines afterwards, so we got everything done within an hour. At which point the thunderstorm resumed, the park closed again, & we left, satisfied.

Oh it is a good thing the tour group were not problematic, some people say they have trouble with them when trying to get in lines for the rides.
The ones I saw on this trip were as well behaved as you can expect any large group of teens to be. No line cutting or anything like that.

We are maybe planning for the last week in July next year. Did any of you get a good discount for July?

We are maybe planning for the last week in July next year. Did any of you get a good discount for July?
Yes, we got 30% off of what were already some of the lowest deluxe resort rates of the year. Room availability was good & long-lasting, too.

Thats good! Was it with Disney or a travel agent?

There are discounts almost all the time, you will get the same thing whether you book with Disney directly or a TA. Just be aware of when they are announced and the "book by" dates.

We came home last Sunday and I agree with previous posters. The crowds seemed lighter than during previous trips. There were Tour Groups, sometimes annoying, but nothing you should worry about or change plans over. It rained every afternoon we were there but the storms seemed early in the afternoon and didn't seem to have much impact on crowds. Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter