Housekeeping Tips

jdtopgun71

Mouseketeer
How does everyone handle tipping housekeeping? Is there a way to do it online somehow without leaving cash?

Same. Cash in a decorated envelope with a little "thank you mousekeeping" comment on it so they know it's for them. I make up the envelopes before we even leave for our trip so I don't have to scramble around looking for the right amount of cash every morning (or every other morning).

Same. Cash in a decorated envelope with a little "thank you mousekeeping" comment on it so they know it's for them. I make up the envelopes before we even leave for our trip so I don't have to scramble around looking for the right amount of cash every morning (or every other morning).
This is the way! 👍🏻

I know that is a stupid question - but I can't figure out when the every other starts - if you arrive on Thursday will your first housekeeping day be Friday or Saturday? Do they do anything in your room on the "off" day? Pick up trash or anything or does Housekeeping not even come to your room, except maybe for the security check?

I know that is a stupid question - but I can't figure out when the every other starts - if you arrive on Thursday will your first housekeeping day be Friday or Saturday? Do they do anything in your room on the "off" day? Pick up trash or anything or does Housekeeping not even come to your room, except maybe for the security check?
Saturday. Nothing other than a security check will happen on the Friday and security no longer removes trash or brings towels although both of these can be requested.

TBH I stayed in 2 different resorts for 10 days last year, and I’ll be darned if I could figure out a schedule or even if it was followed. The places got cleaned and if I needed something I requested it or asked in the hall, left money out in case.

We just got back from the Contemporary and Housekeeping was there each day. One day we got back early afternoon and our room was next so I asked them to skip as we needed a rest. Got a call later asking if we needed anything. I thought it was going to be every other day but it was each day. Tough to figure out.

Wish they still had those telephone notepads on bedside table with the Disney logo ink pen … like they still have at Loews Universal Resorts
It was easy to write Thank You and leave a tip folded in the paper .
Does anybody else remember those good old days ?

We usually decline mousekeeping while we are there (we bring a dog), but still leave a cash tip for the total of our stay in the coffee service area on our checkout day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter