Housekeeping at Poly

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
The resort I stay at when I go back to WDW in two years is up in the air, but until then I'll be asking multiple questions about various ones. I think it was on Trip Advisor where I read someone complained about housekeeping at Polynesian Village. Housekeeping was late almost every day for their room. They said how they would often come back from the parks at 5 to find the beds still weren't made. I judge hotels on quite a few things, proficiency of housekeeping is one of them. Have any of you Disers ever had complaints about housekeeping at Poly?

The resort I stay at when I go back to WDW in two years is up in the air, but until then I'll be asking multiple questions about various ones. I think it was on Trip Advisor where I read someone complained about housekeeping at Polynesian Village. Housekeeping was late almost every day for their room. They said how they would often come back from the parks at 5 to find the beds still weren't made. I judge hotels on quite a few things, proficiency of housekeeping is one of them. Have any of you Disers ever had complaints about housekeeping at Poly?

Ever? Yes. A chronic problem? No. There isn't a single WDW resort that is immune to housekeeping issues.

We were at the Poly from 8/20 - 8/29 this year and we had no issues with housekeeping. They were there pretty regularly around 9 - 9:30 am (typically as we were trying to rush out the door).

For the most part I have had nothing but excellent Mousekeeping at Poly over many stays there. Occasionally we have experienced late cleanings, like 3PM+ (Which is far too late in my opinion), but that is more of the exception than the norm.

We were at the Poly this year, came back to the room late afternoon, before 4, can't recall exact time now, hoping to shower, etc, and housekeeping was nowhere to be seen on our floor. After we called and let them know, they brought up clean towels and much needed toilet paper, it didn't happen again the rest of our stay.

We were there mid July. Our room was never cleaned before 4-5pm. The hallways and elevator had garbage on the floor all week and the food trays were in the hallway for long periods of time. We weren't impressed. We won't be rushing back to stay there.

We were there last week for 7 days and I found housekeeping fairly inconsistent for an exact time they would service the room. Once they arrived at 9am in which we were still sleeping, so we declined service. Another time they arrived at 2:30pm IIRC and one day they even arrived at 5:30pm when we were getting ready to swim in the pool.

Me and my S/O don't really care about when they service the rooms as housekeeping every single day isn't mandatory for us. Housekeeping can be spotty at any Disney resort you book.

This past February our room was cleaned early in the day, but the next two days different CMs were cleaning and the room wasn't on the schedule till the late afternoon. A few years ago at BC our room was all the way at the end of the one hallway and it was cleaned very late in the afternoon each day. It really depends on when it is on the schedule or location may dictate when your room is serviced. In any case, just dial up housekeeping on the phone and request your room be made up early or schedule a time you won't be there. It works quite well this way.

We just returned from an 11 night stay at the Polynesian and Housekeeping was excellent. Our room upon arrival was even more clean than our last trip to the Grand Floridian.

We just got back from our first time at the Poly....and I believe it will be our last! Upon check in we had to actually use our son's wipes to clean surfaces and doors with some gross smudges. Floors were also clearly not vacuumed as there were cheerios all over. We also returned from a hot day at the parks and had no clean towels yet. Even after calling we had to wait for ever. However, the grounds at the hotel were clean and the cm's at the pool were very nice and helpful. The hotel is beautiful but the room experience left a lot to be desired...don't think we'll try the Poly a second time.

We just got back from our first time at the Poly....and I believe it will be our last! Upon check in we had to actually use our son's wipes to clean surfaces and doors with some gross smudges. Floors were also clearly not vacuumed as there were cheerios all over. We also returned from a hot day at the parks and had no clean towels yet. Even after calling we had to wait for ever. However, the grounds at the hotel were clean and the cm's at the pool were very nice and helpful. The hotel is beautiful but the room experience left a lot to be desired...don't think we'll try the Poly a second time.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

We were at the Poly in March during the height of spring break and had no housekeeping issues. We are not people who require our room to be cleaned every day so we usually only have it cleaned every other day and leave the do not disturb sign out on days we don't want it cleaned. During our 6 day stay our room was cleaned by the time we returned for our afternoon break around 2pm each day we wanted it to be cleaned. I too had read reviews online and was concerned, but our room was clean when we arrived and each time we had it cleaned they did a great job.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter