• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

House Cleaning for Cancer Patient

GoofyGolferGirl

DIS Veteran
I am putting this on the budget board because this is were I frequent the most plus it is free!!! I hope this helps someone!

If you know any woman currently undergoing chemotherapy, please pass the word to her that there is a cleaning service that provides FREE housecleaning - once per month for 4 months while she is in treatment. All she has to do is sign up and have her doctor fax a note confirming the treatment. Cleaning for a Reason will have a participating maid service in her zip code area arrange for the service. This organization serves the entire USA and currently has 547 partners to help these women. It's our job to pass the word and let them know that there are people out there that care. Be a blessing to someone and pass this information along.
>
> http://www.cleaningforareason.org// <http://www.cleaningforareason.org/>

What a wonderful blessing for someone facing cancer.

Thank you thank you thank you! My mom will be starting her treatment with in the next week or so. I am 2 hours away and can't get down to help her out as much as I would like. This will give her the help she needs!

I am putting this on the budget board because this is were I frequent the most plus it is free!!! I hope this helps someone!

If you know any woman currently undergoing chemotherapy, please pass the word to her that there is a cleaning service that provides FREE housecleaning - once per month for 4 months while she is in treatment. All she has to do is sign up and have her doctor fax a note confirming the treatment. Cleaning for a Reason will have a participating maid service in her zip code area arrange for the service. This organization serves the entire USA and currently has 547 partners to help these women. It's our job to pass the word and let them know that there are people out there that care. Be a blessing to someone and pass this information along.
>
> http://www.cleaningforareason.org// <http://www.cleaningforareason.org/>

Do you mind if I copy and paste this on my FB??

This is such a great idea and I want to share this info! :thumbsup2

I don't believe in coincidences.. Thank you for your post.. it was needed more than you know and this was the exact right time...

Thank you!!!

Do you know if there is anything similar for men? DH's mom died of cancer a year and a half ago and now his stepfather has cancer as well.

What a great idea! I'm going to remember this but hope I never need to pass on the info... thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing this! My mom had breast cancer 12 years ago & someone did this for her. It was such a remarkable blessing!

Thanks for sharing! This s WONDERFUL! What a blessing to someone who may need this service.

WOW!

As a Cancer Survivor I will state I do not like it! The web site says it is for women, which is discrimination. What about men who live alone?

As a Cancer Survivor I will state I do not like it! The web site says it is for women, which is discrimination. What about men who live alone?

Or families where the man was the main person to do the housekeeping? It does not seem to limit to women who live alone (as far as I can see). A great idea, but definitely missing a huge segment of people who could be helped. On the other hand, it is a private group, so if they want to discriminate, they can.

It is a great thing they are doing but I agree that it is missing a huge segment of people who could use this also.

My mother has been in the hospital since the beginning of November and my Dad could really use some help with the house. Most of us kids and family live elsewhere andit's hard to keep the house clean enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter