Hotels at Disney

HPGIRL

Buffy lover!
What Hotels did you stay at while you where in Disney World and what did you think of them?

I stayed at the Contemperate Resort the first time I was there before it was remodled and I thought it was nice.

I stayed at the beach club the second time and I thought it was wonderfull!!!! The staff was very nice, the rooms where amazing, the pool was too cold to go swimming in because we went in December which was a let down but everything else was amazing! The decor was unbelievable! I went near Christmas and spent four days at Disney world then went for three days on the Disney cruise which was spectacular!

So what Disney Hotels have you stayed at?

All Star Music - It was OK. Nice that we were a short walk away from both pools and the food court.

Coronado Springs - It was nice there. The slide is cool too. It's a bit spread out though, so you have a bit of a walk to some places.

Pop Century - I like it there. The theme is good, and I like the walk around the lake having triva from every year.

Old Key West - Our favourite resort. We just love it there.

Disney's Vero Beach Resort - It was fun there, and relaxing to be away from the parks for a short while. I'd love to go when the turtles are out on the beach.

Port Orleans Riverside - The theming is nice, and the rooms were comfortable. The pool looked fun, but I never went in it...

Boardwalk - I didn't like it that much, although we were only there for a night, so I couldn't get a good look around.

Saratoga Springs - It was OK, but I didn't enjoy the pool much as it was too shallow. The rooms were nice, but I didn't like sleeping on a sofa bed much.

My favourite is Pop Century. It's like, when I get there, I feel like I'm at home. We stayed at ASSP last time, and I had to go visit Pop Century just...because.

The theming is great, the pools are great, the food court is amazing, but mostly, I just like how I feel when I'm there. :)

Grand Floridian - lovely resort. My absolute favorite. It's in a great location and has wonderful, elegant theming.

Swan - okay. It's in a pretty good location (can walk to Epcot and DHS). The beds are very comfy. The rooms were a little dark, and the theming is a little odd and abstract. The lobby isn't that impressive. It's not nearly as big as its sister, the Dolphin, but it has queen beds instead of doubles and is slightly closer to both parks. It's a great rate for a deluxe resort, but not my first pick. I prefer a true Disney resort.

All Star Movies - in need of an update. The rooms are very dark. The theming around the resort is cute, though. I think the pools are kind of lacking compared to those of ASMu. The Mousekeeping here was fabulous, though.

Boardwalk Villas- Lovely. I have stayed there for the majority of my trips. It's my home.

Dixie Landings- It was 1993, I was like...2...I don't remember it. I had a cold which made the food taste weird.

Saratoga Springs- It was alright. Nothin' fancy. I liked it though.

Wilderness Lodge- LOVE! Seriously, I'd go back to that hotel anytime. It had a great theme, and it was huge and beautiful. I loved it.

I'm staying at the yact club this time, and it's my first time :-)

All-Star Movies-awesome! It was so themed.
All-Star Music-it was pretty cool.
Pop Century-awesome! highly recommend it.
Beach Club-my favorite. the pool is amazing. i love this hotel.
Boardwalk-also one of my favorites. so cool at night.
Port Orleans, Riverside-it was pretty good. the pool was cool. a little boring though.
Polynesian-awesome. awesome. awesome. theme is amazing, pool is amazing, everything is amazing.

all star movies- this was my very first trip ever which was about 3 months old so i barely remember this trip just certain aspects vaguely but i know that we stayed at all star movies because we still have a refillable mug from there!

all star sportsx3- i stayed there twice before my second brother was born and once when he was still in a crib so we were still allowed 5 in a value resort

port orleans riversidex2- the last 2 trips that we have gone on we have stayed here because its still a moderate resort and its very nice. we dont stay in deluxe hotels because we stay about two weeks to 18 days every time we go and thats so much

Only been to WDW once, and stayed in a villa. Going back this year staying in Pop for 2nights, Animal Kingdom Villas for 6 nights in a savana view and one night in Animal kingdom lodge. Then on for a week to the Hard Rock Hotel

All star Movies-It was really nicely themed but i can't really remember much about it because I was only 8.

Port Orleans French Quarter-I really like it there because of the way it was layed out with all of the gardens. It was also very quiet.

Saratoga Springs Resort- I've now stayed here twice and I absolutly love it, apart that you can be very far away form the main building. Again it was really nice and quiet.

Boardwalk Villas-This is really nice as it is really close to both epcot and Hollywood studios. The only downside was that when the nightclubs closed it got quite noisy as our room was facing epcot.

I've stayed at 2 Disney resorts, because we have a timeshare deal.

Beach Club: It was nice. We went when Hurricane Jeanne passed, so they locked us in the resort. It was fun! The staff was fun, they had gameshows in the lobby, movies on several channels, and had a great time. Also, when the hurricane passed, we pretty much had the parks to ourselves.

Boardwalk Villas: We stayed in a two-bedroom in Oct. 2006. I loved being able to go down to the Boardwalk, being within walking distance to EPCOT, riding the boat to Hollywood Studios, and seeing Illuminations fireworks from our balcony. It was awesome!!!

Poly-I've stayed here more times than I can count! I think because of that, it makes staying here all the more special because it's like being at "home". And the monorail station being right outside is a huge plus.

Grand Floridian-Only stayed here once, when I was about three, so I don't remember it that much. Just the obvious stuff, like how beautiful and elegant it is.

Swan and Dolphin-Stayed at the Dolphin once, and the Swan twice (make that three times this October!) I guess I like the Swan more, it's really roomy. It seemed like the perfect place to stay this time around too.

Beach Club-This one's actually my favorite. Stormalong Bay pool...best part. Enough said.

Animal Kingdom Lodge-As much as it seems like everyone wants to stay here, it wasn't my favorite. The animal part was cool, but not as amazing as I thought it would be. And Animal Kingdom is probably my least favorite park, so the fact that we were so close to that, yet so far from my favorite parks kinda stunk.

I've stayed at:

1- All Star Music- We stayed here the VERY first time we went to Disney World. At the time, I was about 8 years old, so I won't be able to give you all the details of it, but the pools are honestly pretty cool for a value resort. My little sister learned how to swim in the piano pool. And I remember that they had star lights above the beds...and that you got into your room from the outside (AKA: didn't have to walk through a lobby) which didn't bother me at the time...but it would probably bother me now. :headache:

2- Carribean Beach: I remember the pool at this hotel! I LOVED that pool. Because, it has those canon things on it, and some kids would get up there and aim them at people. I'm not sure if they were necessarily SUPPOSED to be doing that...but I thought it was amusing anyway.

3- Wilderness Lodge/Villas: This is my favorite hotel ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The whole feel of it just screams "Home!" to me. It's so nice. And just a boat ride away from the MK, so we don't have to drive or get on those over-crowded buses. Or! If we want a REAL adventure! We could just take the boat over to the Contemporary and then take it's monarail over to the MK, which we have actually done in the past.

4- Beach Club Villas: Meh, I wasn't much of a fan of this place. Don't get me wrong, it was OK, but....I just didn't like it much.

5- Animal Kingdom Lodge- This is my second favorite out of the all the resorts we've stayed at. I liked it! WE HAD MOOSE OUTSIDE OUR WINDOW (not really-actually, it was cattle. But....you know. ^__^ ). The whole thing they have for "just the concierge", where they get to have their own personal safari thing tho....is SUCH a waste of money. We didn't do concierge, but out our window we could see them driving around the thing outside. I mean...honestly? If you want to see the animals out there, buy a room like we had. Don't spend 100's of dollars for someone to drive around THAT. :rolleyes:

I was thinking they did it in this really big area, kind of like the places at the AK, but nope! They basically just drive around the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Such a waste....

Caribbean Beach Resort - this was the first time I had stayed onsite, and I had not been to WDW in about 4 years. I loved it - our room felt very big, we were upgraded to water view for free, the resort is really lovely and I loved the hammocks on the beaches. It is a nice peaceful spread out resort.

Animal Kingdom Lodge - this was amazing. We stayed here for two weeks in 2007, and we were on the free dining plan. We loved everything about the resort - the animals, the dining and the room and the lodge in general.

Port Orleans Riverside - we stayed here last summer and loved it. The resort was so peaceful, and the facilities were brilliant. I loved how you could get the water taxi to Downtown Disney. The quiet pool near our room was always nearly empty, and we loved spending time there in the afternoon. I would return to this resort without doubt, and out of the 3 I have stayed in, I think it is my favourite, and is good value as a moderate. :)

I have only been to WDW 3 times in my life and stay at: Port Orleans:The French Quarters, Carribean Beach Resort, and Wilderness Lodge.

Yah, My Family Never Really Shells Out too much for hotel rooms, because we usually stay for a week or so, We have stayed at the Pop century Pleanty of times, Other than that, it has been the DTD Hotels, or out of Disney Hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter