Hotels Along 95 South

aimeeg

DIS Veteran
We are driving from Maryland to WDW. Our plan is to leave at 1:15 Friday when school gets out, stay overnight and finish out our drive Sat morning. We would like to do the bulk of our driving on Friday.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find hotels along 95? I sort of remember GA being 10 hours from us. We would like a budget friendly place but not the Bates.

TIA!!!

We drive to Orlando from Richmond, VA and we have heard that a good 'half way' stopping point is Savannah, Georgia. There is an Embassy Suites that is really convenient right off of I-95 that is really affordable and has a nice indoor pool. I know alot of people who stay overnight there on the way to Disney.

Yes, the exit for Savannah airport has a ton of hotel options that are right off I-95. Should find anything you're looking for there, the exit is just over the SC/GA line.

Thanks! This might be a great fit! $128 seems reasonable. I just wish we had extra time to enjoy Savannah.

We drive to Orlando from Richmond, VA and we have heard that a good 'half way' stopping point is Savannah, Georgia. There is an Embassy Suites that is really convenient right off of I-95 that is really affordable and has a nice indoor pool. I know alot of people who stay overnight there on the way to Disney.

We live west of Richmond, and always stop at the Richmond Hill exit in Savannah area. There's a Best Western there, as well as probably 6 other new hotels. We pay right around $130 a night once you add in taxes etc. The next day is 5 or 5 1/2 hrs to WDW.

I know no one asked, but on the way back, we stop in Florence SC at a Ramada. Same deal---bulk of driving done the first day, so the second day is easy.

That's great! I love a food app. I want to say Richmond is about three hours away from us.

Thanks! This might be a great fit! $128 seems reasonable. I just wish we had extra time to enjoy Savannah.

If you stop at any of the rest areas, get a coupon book for hotel deals. With all the options at that exit, you should be able to get something decent for under $100. I am a Fairfield Inn person myself.

We just booked a place for february called the Inn at Mulberry Grove near savannah for $45. Yes, I of course carefully checked reviews and it is supposedly pretty decent for a stopover if you're just there to sleep and shower. Check it out!

We usually have very good luck with Marriott hotels, however, not the SpringHill Suites at the Savannah airport exit of I95. We had a reservation there on our drive to WDW early January, 2011....arrived very late ...after 11 p.m......after driving about 13 hours. The lobby looked nice enough, however, as soon as we got off the elevator and saw how worn and dirty the hallway carpeting was I knew it would not be a good night. The room was not clean....there were 3 of us and when we pulled the sofabed out.....dried bugs fell from the sheets...which looked thread bare and dingy/yellowed. Then, I turned the bathroom light on and a bug scurried across the floor. At that point I said to my husband "I am not sleeping here". We went right back downstairs, told the front desk we would not be staying the night and wanted our credit card refunded. We then went to one of the other hotels in the same area and fortunately, it was a little better maintained...not the best, but, at least no bugs that we saw anyway......unfortunately, I can't remember which one it was....but, I do remember the Spring Hill Suites since it was such a bad experience.

Thank y'all so much! This is great info. :) We have a couple options and only a few weeks to go! Woo Hoo!

Any input on southern VA/northern NC? We are leaving NH around 3 and driving til about midnight. Thinking this will be the area we land. Any areas that we should avoid?

The Country Inn and Suites in Pooler Georgia is nice. AAA rate is around $89 I believe. They have a good breakfast with eggs, not just waffles and cereal and donuts LOL.

There's a big Wal-Mart right there too so you can stop for your last minute snacks or stuff you forgot. WDW is around 4 hours or less from there.

Don't forget to stop at the Florida Welcome Center for your free orange juice and a ton of brochures to read in the car during the last leg of the drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter