Hotel

Daryl

DIS Veteran
Hi all, have a question, I hope this is the right place. If your Choices were a theme park view at Paradise Pier or a trees View from the Disneyland Hotel at a similar price point which would you choose? Thanks :-)

Answer as always...it depends.

How big is your group and ages?...What is most important? Pool, view, access, staying in the "bubble".

One is not better then the other, one is just different than the other.

All things being equal, I would opt for the DLH.

LOL to the above post. My thought was Paradise Pier! But it probably does depend on what is most important to your family. That view is amazing. Once in a lifetime thing. And I wouldn't consider paradise pier to be out of the bubble. You literally walk across the one street at the cross walk to the GCH driveway with a bunch of people who are crossing solely to go to or from the park. The whole time you are looking at the driveway of the GCH. But the pool at PPH leaves a lot to be desired.

Oh man, that's a tough one. DLH is by far the better hotel - closer, better pools and slides, and better rooms. BUT, to have a view into the DCA...that's a really cool deal. Especially the night view. If it's two of you, go with PPH. But if you have little ones, they'll probably like the DLH a lot better.

Like everyone else said, it depends. I've stayed in a theme park view room at the PPH. The view into DCA at night was great, but I wouldn't stay at PPH again in spite of it because it's not "Disney" enough for me. The PPH is the only on-site hotel that hasn't always been a Disney hotel. It was once something else; Disney bought it and did some things to it and now it's a Disney hotel. To me, that was pretty obvious; it just didn't have the Disney feel and that's really important to me. But I know there are people here who really like it. I know I've heard people say the pool is less crowded. But IMO that's because it's not as fun as the pool at the DLH. Others will disagree.

So if view is most important, go for the PPH. If having that Disney feel is the most important, the DLH.

We would pick DLH. We feel like it is a nicer resort, has more of a Disney feel, we love the rooms, we like not having to cross the street and staying in the Disney bubble where we walk out of the resort and into DTD on down to the parks. What is a "trees" view? Are you talking about the pool view or the standard view? The pool view at DLH is great. I think the standard view is parking lot- but we have never been in a standard view there so I am not sure about that. Even with the parking lot view, I think we would pick DLH over Paradise Pier. I have seen the theme park view from Paradise Pier on youtube though and it is a great view.

Last edited:
I think it would depend on how much time you expect to be in your room. More time in room? I'd go with PP and the better view.

We had a theme park view at PP on our last trip and loved watching WOC from our window. We also enjoyed watching the Viva Navidad parade move around to practice at night after the park closed. The view at sunrise wasn't too shabby either:

Paradise Pier Sunrise by mom2rtk, on Flickr

I haven't stayed at either...but I faced the same choices for my upcoming trip, and I have decided hands down, I want the view. I am so excited to watch WOC from my room my first night, I can't hardly stand myself! LOL...I dream of almost nightly...so pumped!

I haven't stayed at either...but I faced the same choices for my upcoming trip, and I have decided hands down, I want the view. I am so excited to watch WOC from my room my first night, I can't hardly stand myself! LOL...I dream of almost nightly...so pumped!

You'll be able to listen to the music on your TV. It really is awesome. :wizard:

Thanks so much everyone. Still trying to decide. I've stayed at the Paradise Pier with the theme park view and it was breathtaking. Had the same view at the grand Californian. Although it's a lovely hotel the rooms were too small for me. I've never stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and judging from the things you've written it's amazing. Just got off the phone with a Disneyland Hotel cast member and he said the trees view is just that. A view of the Treeline and the city. This is a tough choice but it's a nice problem to have. Thanks again :-)

I think it would depend on how much time you expect to be in your room. More time in room? I'd go with PP and the better view.

We had a theme park view at PP on our last trip and loved watching WOC from our window. We also enjoyed watching the Viva Navidad parade move around to practice at night after the park closed. The view at sunrise wasn't too shabby either:

Paradise Pier Sunrise by mom2rtk, on Flickr
What a stunning photo! Thanks so much for posting this. I had forgotten how beautiful that view is.

For me and my family, it's PPH all day long, every day, always. Our only lackluster DLR stays have been at the DLH, which we will no longer even consider. What I'm about to say is completely subjective, and other posters will have different experiences, but we found the cast at the DLH to be the worst of the bunch and the rooms/overall decor are very run-of-the-mill Hilton/Marriott with the addition of a light-up headboard that plays a bizarrely spooky rendition of "When You Wish Upon a Star".

For me and my family, it's PPH all day long, every day, always. Our only lackluster DLR stays have been at the DLH, which we will no longer even consider. What I'm about to say is completely subjective, and other posters will have different experiences, but we found the cast at the DLH to be the worst of the bunch and the rooms/overall decor are very run-of-the-mill Hilton/Marriott with the addition of a light-up headboard that plays a bizarrely spooky rendition of "When You Wish Upon a Star".
That's funny, we had the exact opposite experience. PPH staff were awful as was the room we were in. The view was great, but the room was run down and shabby. The room at the DLH was nice and we love the headboard. We use it as our nightlight. The staff at DLH bent over backwards to make our stay magical. They treated us like royalty and will have our hearts forever. The only reason we are not staying at DLH on our next trip is that the choice wasn't mine to make. We will be stopping in to visit our favorite CMs though.

The view matters less to me than the hotel in general. So I would say that if you would prefer the pools, restaurants, etc. at the DLH I'd stay there over the PP (although that view looks amazing). But I think this is one of those situations where it depends what is most important to you.

If my choice is between PPH and DLH, I would choose DLH. The view out the window isn't a big factor for me. The walk to and from is. I know the distance can be shorter from PPH when cutting through the GC, but the walk from DLH is a nicer walk. You do not see traffic, have to cross a street with people sitting in their cars waiting to go to work staring at you. The walk is a long one from DLH, but you are distracted (in a nice way) with the shops, entertainment, wonderful scents teasing my nose.

I cannot tell you how helpful all the advice on this thread has been to me. Thank you all. I'm a big fan of an awesome view from my hotel window. I just love waking up and looking out of the window and seeing something beautiful like CA. The twist in the story is I was overruled by the child that will be coming along. She took one look at the Disneyland Hotel pool and that was it! It's a done deal. I switched my reservation to the Disneyland Hotel a few moments ago. Again thank you all so much!

I cannot tell you how helpful all the advice on this thread has been to me. Thank you all. I'm a big fan of an awesome view from my hotel window. I just love waking up and looking out of the window and seeing something beautiful like CA. The twist in the story is I was overruled by the child that will be coming along. She took one look at the Disneyland Hotel pool and that was it! It's a done deal. I switched my reservation to the Disneyland Hotel a few moments ago. Again thank you all so much!

She will also LOVE the light up headboards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter