Hotel Royal Plaza - Tower Room

CarolA

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I am currently sitting in my Deluxe King Tower Room at the Hotel Royal Plaza. Booked on Travelzoo for $79.

I am in the area on business and came early on Sunday to go to Epcot since i got the great rate on Travelzoo. I don't have a camera with me, but my room looks JUST like the pictures of it on the Hotel Royal Plaza website. (not something that always occurs.

Overall, nice King bed with what appears to be a comfy bed. There is a small sofa that is suppose to fold out to a double bed. Maybe it's because the King bed is SO big, but this is a small double to me.

Room has a ceiling fan and safe. Closet is very small and there is one dresser with 8 medium size drawers. Not a lot of space for a family's stuff.

Room is very large. A crib or pack and play would fit easily and still leave you plenty of room

There is a large safe in the closet.

Bathroom is HUGE with a walk in shower and HUGE "roman" tub (looks like a whirlpool tub, but no jets)

All in all the re-model was very nicely done and I am impressed..... I would stay here again based on the stay so far.

(The only thing I have noticed in the room is a few paint chips on the wall)

However, they charge an $8 resort fee and $9.95 for internet access that is problematic at best. (I keep having to relog in!) Parking is free.

Since I have an AP I drove to Epcot so I can't comment on the bus.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. My family and I will be staying there for one night this Saturday!!! Did the Travelzoo price have the free breakfast? Our rate was $99 I believe.

I don't have free breakfast.

I am getting ready to check out and have a few more notes.

My side of the hotel overlooks I-4. With the A/C on you can't hear the interstate, but I can hear it just a little right now (A/C is off, because I had it very cold in here!) I am on the 9th floor so if you get much lower I would think it is louder (I figured for $79 I wasn't getting a view), If I stay here again on cheap rate I will make sure I am high up.

There is a sliding door to the "balcony" However, the door only opens about a 6 inches. There are two locks on the door so there is no way your small child can open it. One is at the normal level and the other is about 6 feet high.

I am right by the elevators and the only noise I heard last night was from the room next door. They appear to have put thier crib right by the connecting door and for a short time last evening I heard a very upset infant, but they either dealt with it or the kid passed out...

My DD and I stayed there 3 nights last week. We made an impromptu trip and there were no available rooms on property.
When we arrived there were no Deluxe rooms available even tho that was what we had booked. However, the on-duty manager did comp our stay that night after I discussed it with her. A very nice lady who made every effort. She also agreed to have out belongings moved the next day if we would leave them packed in our room. We were lucky to even have a room, two people who came in after us while we were getting our luggage out were sent elsewhere to stay. I would have not been pleased at all. We were put in a pool side room. Nice room but tiny bathroom and it never got cool enough to sleep really comfortably.
The parks were so hot that we left early in the afternoon for a break. I stopped back by the hotel and checked at the desk to be sure we had been moved. The desk clerk didn't seem to know about it but promptly had us moved to a really great corner room on the third floor. Large and very comfortable. It did have a couple of light bulbs that needed replacing and a tiny drip in the bathroom sink but nothing to complain about. He also made sure we were credited with our first nights stay.
The second room was very nicely redone. It also was much cooler than the first. Both sets of our balcony doors would open, maybe because we were on lower floors, but both did have the two sets of locks.
Two real high spots were an extremely nice security guard who took our luggage to our room, parked our car the first night, and checked on our room to be sure we had been moved the next day and the valet service.
We had stayed here before and will stay again if we can't get a room on property.

Penny

Stayed here many moons ago but definitely enjoyed it, even the view to my left of highway 192. You could also see EPCOT on the horizion.

Glad to hear some decent reviews of this hotel. We are staying for 5 nights, leaving a week from Tuesday. We tried to book on-site, but nothing in our price range for this spur-of-the-moment trip was available. Hopefully we will enjoy it here!!

Glad to see positive reviews! We are considering staying here on our last night before driving home in the morning :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter