• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel Indigo Review

PinkBudgie

DIS Veteran
I just got back from my one night stay at Hotel Indigo and since there seems to be little info out about this hotel, I thought I'd report back. On this trip, I was a tag along. My parents were driving down to visit my sister and her family to celebrate my niece's birthday. Being a teacher, I was out of school at the end of May so I thought I may as well come along too (My husband, who is also a teacher, wasn't out yet). So it was my parents who picked out the hotel. They have stayed here once before and I never have.

My sister lives about an hour or so away from DLR (depending on traffic) so we decided to leave her house early, park at DLR, and do a late check in at Hotel Indigo after 10pm.
You park here, next to the lobby to check in. Most of the parking is under ground through a gate which requires a room key to enter.
parking.jpg

The lobby looks clean and modern and the staff were friendly.
lobby1.jpg lobby2.jpg

Once we got our room key, parking was a little tricky. There are a few spots outside the gate for parking, but most are inside. It is a tight squeeze in there and not enough spaces. We were fortunate to get one of the last two real spaces. Others had to park in random places. Also, if you drive through looking for a space, you run into a dead end and have to back out and around the corner to get out. So I'm not a fan of the parking lot.

The room also had a contemporary feel. We were told we were upgraded to a family suite. To me, suite means at least two rooms. It wasn't two rooms, but it was a slightly larger room.
room5.jpg
The theme of the hotel seemed to be "walnuts". room4.jpg room3.jpg room2.jpg
I guess this must be the extra space you get with the family suite. There was sort of an empty corner here that looked like it need a chair or table or something. room1.jpg
There were plenty of outlets though- around the room and on the night stand. And also an ipod/phone charger radio.radio.jpg

Continued in next post.

Last edited:
The bathroom was very nice, but I have to admit I was a little confused by the shower. It was taller than I could reach and there is no way to turn it on without actually standing in it.
bathroom3.jpg bathroom4.jpg bathroom5.jpg Plenty of space for bathroom bags on the bottom shelf. There was only one towel rack and two hooks.
bathroom1.jpg
Cute towel animal made me think I was on a cruise! The downside of the bathroom is the sink is in with the shower and toilet. bathroom2.jpg
The closet has a small safe.
closet.jpg
A Keurig coffee makers with different teas and coffees. coffee.jpg Continued in next post.

Last edited:
Breakfast is not included in the room price but there is a little sit down place just off of the lobby. It ran about $10 to $13 a meal. I believe it was called "Chambers". The pool is off the restaurant. Nothing fancy.
dining1.jpg
If you are not going to the parks, this is a nice little place to eat. If you are, I wouldn't stop for breakfast but rather eat something quick in the room. But that's just how my family is. We believe in getting to the parks at opening. dining2.jpg
The staff here were also friendly and we found the food to be pretty good.
breakfast1.jpg breakfast2.jpg breakfast3.jpg
More about our stay: Our room overlooked Katella.
view.jpg
You could hear some traffic going by but over all that didn't bother me. What did was the neighbor upstairs who decided to get up at 4am. I heard walking across the ceiling. My understanding is this is an older hotel that has been renovated. They did a great job, but the walls and ceilings/floors must be very thin. Unfortunately, this person wasn't happy just walking across the room. It soon turned into THUMP-THUMP, THUMP-THUMP, THUMP-THUMP and on and on. Except for when it went faster THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP.... Now, it isn't the hotel's fault someone decided to exercise all morning but be aware you may hear noises from upstairs and next door. (My parents said they didn't hear anything last visit). Also, the floor felt a little slanty and not perfectly flat- like if put a marble down it would roll across the floor.
Wifi is free. I couldn't get the password page to come up on my devices, but but my parents were able to connect so it was probably just me. As it was midnight by the time I was ready for bed, I was too tired to try very hard.
The location is just a little too far away from the DLR to walk, in my opinion. You certainly could, but I estimate it would probably be about a 20 min walk in the morning when you are full of energy and it would certainly feel very long at night after all day in the parks. There is no free shuttle, but we saw people standing around out front so there may have been an ART stop. I didn't ask.
Overall, it is a nice place to stay if you asked for a room on the top floor. But it's distance from the park and lack of a quick, free, grab and go breakfast would probably keep me from booking it for one of our week long DLR trips. Still, it may be just right for other families.

Last edited:
We've stayed there a number of times including this coming week. Its a very nice hotel without any parking fees and a decent walk to the park. I recommend it.

We stayed here immediately after the renovation and loved it as we got a date for 115/night WITH BREAKFAST, as a new grand opening special. We haven't been back since as the rates now are too high for us when we can book across the street but we loved it 3 years ago.

Oh the walnut theme is from the local area , as I read something about being a homage to the surrounding areas that grew/ grow walnuts.

One thing to note if you do stay there, like PinkBudgie mentioned, try to request a room on the top floor. If you are on one of the lower floors I have heard the click click of high heels through the ceiling. That is about the only knock I have to say about the place. That and the prices are often high but deals can be found time to time if you go through their website. Also the food in the restaurant is quite good for Hotel food and the prices are reasonable for hotel food as well. And no resort or parking fees!!

Our go to place when I can't get in the villas at GCH in Disney!! :idea: We always use our IHG rewards points and LOVE the place! :teeth:

We stayed here immediately after the renovation and loved it as we got a date for 115/night WITH BREAKFAST, as a new grand opening special. We haven't been back since as the rates now are too high for us when we can book across the street but we loved it 3 years ago.

Oh the walnut theme is from the local area , as I read something about being a homage to the surrounding areas that grew/ grow walnuts.

Yes, I did read something about that somewhere. It was funny because each room has a picture of a walnut on a tree by the number. At first I thought it was an old man with a large hat. :) But then I was quite tired from a long day in the parks.

One thing to note if you do stay there, like PinkBudgie mentioned, try to request a room on the top floor. If you are on one of the lower floors I have heard the click click of high heels through the ceiling. That is about the only knock I have to say about the place. That and the prices are often high but deals can be found time to time if you go through their website. Also the food in the restaurant is quite good for Hotel food and the prices are reasonable for hotel food as well. And no resort or parking fees!!

I did think the breakfast was pretty good. Didn't eat other meals there so I can't say about those. But I did think that it was a good place for people in other hotels to eat at if they wanted a sit down breakfast for a good price.

Thanks for the review @PinkBudgie ! This is one of my top choices for my first trip to DLR. Candy Cane Inn is the other choice that I'm debating on because the walk seems farther from Indigo even though they are less a block or so apart. I saw from your signature that you've also stayed at CCI. How would you compare the two? I'm leaning toward CCI because of their shuttle since I won't have a car, but I love how modern Hotel Indigo is and the great reviews of how nice the staff are.

Thanks for the review @PinkBudgie ! This is one of my top choices for my first trip to DLR. Candy Cane Inn is the other choice that I'm debating on because the walk seems farther from Indigo even though they are less a block or so apart. I saw from your signature that you've also stayed at CCI. How would you compare the two? I'm leaning toward CCI because of their shuttle since I won't have a car, but I love how modern Hotel Indigo is and the great reviews of how nice the staff are.
Actually at CCI now. The free breakfast is handy and the walk is short. Indigo was nice and modern while CCI is a tad dated. Indigo is walkable but for me the scale tips towards CCI. If it wasn't available I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Indigo again.

Actually at CCI now. The free breakfast is handy and the walk is short. Indigo was nice and modern while CCI is a tad dated. Indigo is walkable but for me the scale tips towards CCI. If it wasn't available I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Indigo again.
Would you choose Indigo if it were cheaper than CCI. For the dates I'm planning Indigo was cheaper for some reason.

Would you choose Indigo if it were cheaper than CCI. For the dates I'm planning Indigo was cheaper for some reason.
I'm still leaning towards CCI for convenience. Breakfast and shorter walk. Those things are more important to me personally. If budget was tight I'd stay where I had to.

thanks for the review and pics!(walnuts lol) I'm planning on staying here upcoming,(free with points) and super excited! IMHO walkable is all in how you look at it, we stayed much farther away last trip and walked with no issues, this to me is completely walkable. I think I'll skip the paid breakfast tho,but I like the kuerig in room option, do all rooms have them? not just suites?

We stayed there in May, and absolutely loved it. Really enjoyed the wood floors. Hotel carpet sometimes gives me the heebie jeebies.

thanks for the review and pics!(walnuts lol) I'm planning on staying here upcoming,(free with points) and super excited! IMHO walkable is all in how you look at it, we stayed much farther away last trip and walked with no issues, this to me is completely walkable. I think I'll skip the paid breakfast tho,but I like the kuerig in room option, do all rooms have them? not just suites?

I don't know about the coffee maker. I would think so, but then I wasn't really sure what made ours a "suite". Maybe someone else knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter