Hotel Help! - BWPPI or Ramada?

minuet

Going home!
Thanks in advance for any guidance.
I'm traveling with my husband and parents so we're booking 2 rooms. We only want a place to sleep that has a fridge to hold medications, the continental breakfast will do us fine in either location.

I have reservations made for both and was going to cancel Ramada tonight as my original ressie had it at $20 more a night than BWPPI. Now when I went o cancel it there's a new deal in place that would make it $20 less than BWPPI per night.

What one should I go with? Are there any added benefits to staying at BWPPI that I'm missing or should I take the Ramada deal?

We have stayed at Ramada for probably 25 years now. We love it mainly because the pool has been great for our kids and grandkids. They are in the middle of a remodle now and not to sure about the noise and construction but we love the Ramada and will always stay there.

another vote for the ramada. ive had very good experiences over the last two years, especially with the staff.

In my experience, Best Western Park Place Inn is cleaner and better maintained. However, I only stayed at Ramada (Maingate? The one walkable on Harbor close to Tony Roma's) one time, and have stayed at BWPPI probably 30 nights in the past 6 yrs.
BWPPI is closer, though pretty negligible distance with adults if all are able bodied. BWPPI does charge $10 for parking; not sure whether Ramada charges parking, or if that is included in your $20 difference calculations. I would only stay at Ramada again if it was the only option after BWPPI, BW Anaheim Inn, and hojo were sold out.

I like BWPPI better, but that's because it's closer! By the end of the night, the difference in distance can seem like a lot (especially with tired family members).

Breakfast: BWPPI - they are tied in with Captain Cook's next door so they have more hot food options. It's still pretty generic/basic foods, but a bigger variety and more places to sit down and eat.

Rooms: Toss-up - both places had room that were fine. Ramada was undergoing renovations, so perhaps their rooms look newer. When I stayed there, the room had distinctly older look. The BWPPI in rooms are fine; not new and fancy, but functional. Both places have microwaves and mini-fridges in the room. Free wi-fi is also available at both hotels.

Parking: Ramada - they offer free parking, whereas BWPPI charges $8 per day night to park.

If you have a Costco Card you can book BWPPI through the US Costco website and save some $.

This year we are trying out Desert Inn & Suites. The price was less than BWPPI and we are in a C1 Family Suite. The breakfast isn't as big as BWPPI but with the $ we save we can order some groceries and have a few hot meals at a nearby restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter