Room on 10/21

• Get a room

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • No room

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

fire616

Mouseketeer
We are leaving 10/22. Flight leaves at 6:00am. I figure we will be picked up at 3:00am for our ride to the airport. We figure we will go to Disney Springs the night before and get back to the resort around midnight.

Now the question - Would you get a room on 10/21 that you might use for 2-3 hours that night or have them hold your luggage, until we get back from DS, and be picked up and taken to the airport around 1:00am.

We are leaving 10/22. Flight leaves at 6:00am. I figure we will be picked up at 3:00am for our ride to the airport. We figure we will go to Disney Springs the night before and get back to the resort around midnight.

Now the question - Would you get a room on 10/21 that you might use for 2-3 hours that night or have them hold your luggage, until we get back from DS, and be picked up and taken to the airport around 1:00am.

Booking the night of 10/21 not only gives you a few hours of sleep before heading to the airport, it also gives you a room to go back to during the day should you need/want a break. As barbliny posted, if you don't book that night, you will have to check out at 11 am on the 21st, leaving yourself "homeless" until you head to the airport. I, personally, wouldn't want to be without a room that long, let alone head to the airport at 1 am for a 6 am flight.

I would get a room AND I wouldn't be staying at DS till midnight. With that early a flight I'd want to have a few hours sleep. I'd want to be back in my room by 9:00 to try to get 5 hrs sleep anyway
To not have a room from 11:00am, be out all day and night, then sit in hotel lobby for 2 hrs waiting for DME sounds awful. And being awake 24hrs. Nope.

Right. Magical Express provides a ride from MCO to WDW on or after the day your reservation starts, and a ride from MCO to WDW on or before the day your reservation ends. Checking out on the 21st would mean the OP wouldn't be a resort guest on the 22nd, when they need the ride.

I'd get to my room earlier AND get Uber or a taxi to the airport to save an extra hour or so of time. There's no need to leave at 3 am for a 6 am flight unless using ME. No way would I do it.

We have decided to keep the room. Thank you all for your input.

Attachments

• rsz_dlpca_castleicon1nc_20161007_7823663376.jpg
    rsz_dlpca_castleicon1nc_20161007_7823663376.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 1
I would book a room at the airport and uber at the end of the night, The hotel you check out of will hold your luggage and you would get more sleep. I would leave the park earlier as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter