Hotel Choice

Hookani

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Doing a quick trip in a couple of weeks and trying to decide between the Sheraton Park Hotel and the Holiday Inn Express on Walnut St.. Anyone have experiences with either? Will be walking to the parks. With the HIE are you able to cut thru the Mickey and Friends parking structure to get to the trams? Is the walk back to the Sheraton pretty brutal after a long day at the park?

Thanks,
Ho'okani

You can go around and take the trams however, it isn’t a shortcut. By the time you go around to get on the trams, you might as well just keep walking and go though DTD. We cut through the parking lots to Security. We actually enjoyed the walk. You could also take the ART in the morning and evenings or Uber/Lyft is another option.

There are a lot of YouTube videos showing the walks from various hotels.

Note that is a Holiday Inn not a Holiday Inn Express on S. Walnut...predictably mediocre but decent...is one of our regular go to stays when we just need a bed and shower but I much prefer the Fairfield on Harbor which is a lot closer walk.

Only walking access is via Magic Way then the pedestrian pathway to DTD. It actually takes longer to backtrack into the parking structure to get on the tram then just walk to gates. About a 12-15 min walk.

For the Sheraton, you can walk across the street to Toy Story lot and take in the free Disney bus to the parks. My husband stayed at the Sheraton and loved it. He really liked the remodeled rooms. Have a fun trip!

We stayed at the Sheraton a few years back. The walk -- I'll just say it wasn't awful and I'm not one who's a fan of walking a long way -- normally stay at one of the DL hotels. We took the bus at the Toy Story lot when we could but not always. The hotel was also nice. Haven't stayed at the HI.

Thanks all. We normally stay at the Fairfield but was a lot more expensive than usual during this time. Think we'll stay with the Sheraton.

I've seen some reviews of the Sheraton where you can't control the temp in your room. Is this true? Also, are protesters/strikers still there?

Last edited:

My husband went back through his video and there is a thermostat in the room. And he doesn’t remember not being able to control the temp.

I haven’t read anything about protesters lately. I had been reading a ton of people talking about protesters in the area a couple months ago. I would call the hotel directly and ask to be sure.

Have a fun trip!

just returned. Stayed at the sheraton and loved it. No protesters or strikers, although there's a sign at the front that hotel is negotiating with unions. we had a great theme park view room and it was lovely to see the parks and the snow on the mountains behind. pool and hot-tub. rooms are new and renovated, good temp (we didn't need to adjust anything). comfy beds. good service throughout the hotel. Walk is abotu 15 min. we usually walked in the morning and took Uber/lyft home at night. Uber was about $5-6. It was much better priced (both points and cash rates) than then Residence Inn or Springhill suites directly in front and pretty anything else within walking distance. I would happily stay there again. our rate was $218/night including all taxes.

All done with the trip and just to close up this thread. There were no protesters at the hotel so that was good. I really couldn't tell if the thermostat was working or not. You could change the temp on the thermostat but it also seemed like it didn't do anything with the actual temperature. No complaints since the weather was still cool but I guess the real test would be in the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter