• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel Advice MCO

TraderSamWDW

The Head Salesman
Either need a room at WDW or near MCO. Getting in very late (like 1 am), kinda just want to grab a room near MCO, then I can use DME the next morning.
Kinda want a cheap room with a courtesy shuttle that is easy, so I can grab the shuttle to and from MCO.

I'd prefer a Marriott or Hilton just for the rewards, but thats not overly important.

Any suggestions?

Cheapest room on Dis property is going to be like 250, so would like something cheaper, but if its 250 at WDW then thats ok too.

TIA

Welcome to the DIS!

It’s hard to know if that budget will work without exact dates. I’d just go to hotels.com and see what you can find. Then head to the Orlando Hotels section of this board if you’ve got questions about specific hotels. Good luck!

Either need a room at WDW or near MCO. Getting in very late (like 1 am), kinda just want to grab a room near MCO, then I can use DME the next morning.
Kinda want a cheap room with a courtesy shuttle that is easy, so I can grab the shuttle to and from MCO.

I'd prefer a Marriott or Hilton just for the rewards, but thats not overly important.

Any suggestions?

Cheapest room on Dis property is going to be like 250, so would like something cheaper, but if its 250 at WDW then thats ok too.

TIA

In the past we just stayed at Pop. All Stars would work, too. Then you're there already when you wake up. :)

Thanks. I typically just stay at a value but there are none coming up for the date I need, cheapest is CSR.
I also am in a position where there is normally a car in the mix, so luggage transfer is on me.

I was thinking it might just be easier to stay near the airport and that way I dont have to get a lyft to transfer my luggage (I know Dis does it for free, but its not timely).

Might be more hassle than its worth though, finding one near that airport with a good shuttle.

I'm staying at the Hyatt in MCO my arrival night because I'm getting in post-midnight. It's $193 (membership rate, but joining World of Hyatt is free.) I'll have to grab my bags at luggage check, but whatever, being able to then just walk into the hotel room and collapse sounds amazing. I gave DME the flight # for an early flight the next morning.

I'm staying at the Hyatt in MCO my arrival night because I'm getting in post-midnight. It's $193 (membership rate, but joining World of Hyatt is free.) I'll have to grab my bags at luggage check, but whatever, being able to then just walk into the hotel room and collapse sounds amazing. I gave DME the flight # for an early flight the next morning.
Thank you, I was thinking of doing the exact same with DME!

The first thing you should do is check the rate at the Hyatt in the airport. If it's acceptable to you, don't even bother looking any further. That will absolutely be the simplest option for you.

If it's not, there's no way to really make recommendations without knowing your dates. Just go directly to Marriott and Hilton's websites, type "MCO" into the search bar and see what comes up. All of those airport hotels have shuttles and should be fine for your needs.

I too vote for the in airport hotel ....

there IS a Holiday Inn Express very close with a free shuttle but I can not image you being in a room less that an 45 minutes AFTER you would be at the airport.

I'd mention that we ROUTINELY find ourselves on late flights and choose to stay AT THE AIRPORT hotel and drive in the morning (and it is less than an hour drive!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter