Horseback riding on Maui

cgattis

DIS Veteran
Has anyone here done horseback riding on Maui? I’m looking at places on the south or east sides—don’t really plan to hit the west side except MAYBE one day in Lahaina. Anyone used Makena Stables or Triple L Ranch? Makena goes down TO the beach, but there’s not much beach to ride ON (lol), and the rest of the route looks pretty dry (I know, it’s the dry side...). Triple L sorta sells the “rode and check the cows” angle but we do that at home everyday (in the truck though—easier than saddling two crazy horses). And we’ve seen the views from upcountry before (and might buy a farm there if we hit the Powerball!) but not from the south. Thoughts on those or other places?

Bumping this up to see if any Maui travelers (or locals!) have any thoughts!

Sorry, I can't help you as Maui is the one island we've *not* gone horseback riding on. I guess, based on what you wrote, I'd go with Makena Stables since any trip to the beach is certainly something you don't get at home everyday.

Try posting on trip advisor Maui forum. There are lots of locals who may be able to help out.
Yes, I’ve read all the TripAdvisor reviews of both. Was just hoping some fellow DIS’ers might have firsthand knowledge. I don’t trust TripAdvisor too much based on reviews I’ve seen of places I’ve been, particularly Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter