• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Horrible names

There are twin girls who were in my DD's Kindergarten class, named Tequila and Tanqueray. Yep, that's right like the liquors. :lmao: They are in 2nd grade now and absolutely gorgeous little girls.

I worked w/ a girl who named her 3 daughters Tequila, Vodka, and Chablis
:rolleyes:

When one of the teenagers who babysit me as a child graduated from HS, there was a girl in his class named Snow White and a guy named Eerie Lake.

There was a student at DS's school last year named Isis and there's a girl who goes there now named Amazin'.

When DH and I were dating, I worked in the shoe dept of a dept store with a very nice woman who had two kids named Dollar Billia (girl) and Cash Money (boy).

Down the street from us is a family with boys named Legend and Xaviddeus (pronounced Zay-dee-us). The mom couldn't decide between Xavier and Thaddeus, so she combined them. Well..it's certainely..unique.

LOL DBF's last name is White and I told him (half-jokingly) I wanted to have a baby girl with him and name her Snow.. he just kind of nodded and said "oh okay." 2-3 weeks later he looks over at me, out of no where, and goes "SNOW WHITE?! ABSOLUTELY NOT!!" It was hysterical. Actually, I would totally give her Snow as a middle name.

In college, I had a Tequila and a Chablis in one of my classes. The best part is that we were Hospitality Management students and this was a class all about alcohol.

I used to work with a guy named Keeps. His mother was Hatian and barely spoke any English when she gave birth to him just after moving to NYC. She called her brother who had been in the states for quite a while and asked him what a good American name was so he could fit it. It was a bad phone connection.. he said Keith.

My favorite is one from my own family. My great uncle was Francis Francis. oh but wait.. there's more! He married a woman named Francine (affectionatly known as Aunt Francie). Even better.. they name their son after him. Thankfully, he goes by Frank and usually no one makes the connection.

DBF's friend is named Jose. So are all of his 4 brothers. Same first name, same last name. The only difference is his mom gave them all different middle names, and that's how she refers to them. Oddly enough, outside of the home they all go by Jose. I still don't understand why she didn't just give those middle names as their first names.

Female -- pronounced Feh-mahl-ya. The mother claimed the hospital named her -- it was on her bracelet!

Maybe his mother was FURIOUS that she was pregnant when she found out and decided, "Whatever this kid is, that's what I'm going to name it because that's how I feel.":confused3

Or maybe she once she found out it was going to be a boy, she wanted to give him a big, tough sounding name, which is the kind of advice we got from one family member. We told her we were having a boy and she told us to make sure he had a very tough name so nobody would pick on him.:rotfl: DS's name is fairly normal however, not tough but not unusual either.

I love that! My dog is legally names Brian Captain Kirk lastname. I knew I wouldn't use it for my kids, but I HAD to have a Captain Kirk in the family.

My Airforce brother wanted to middle name his son Worf, from ST:TNG, because it's such a "noble name". :rotfl: And my 23 year old son is planning to give me a grandson named Tuvok someday (ST:Voy).

I guess you can tell we're a bunch of Star Trek fanatics as much as Disney fanatics.

Actually, I didn't mention this because I was too ashamed but I will own up to it. When we initially found out we were having twins, my DH considered naming our girls Nerys and Jadzia (Kira and Dax's 1st names in ST:DS9). Beautiful names, but I was afraid of the teasing. We chose more traditional names for them.

I worked w/ a girl who named her 3 daughters Tequila, Vodka, and Chablis
:rolleyes:

Do you remember the car commercial they had on for a short time, where the little girl asks her mom why they named her sister Savannah. He mom tells her it's where she was conceived. Then she asks why she name her Sienna(or what ever the mini van was called), and then it switches to show you they are are riding in a Sienna minivan-lol.

I wonder if this is a similar case:lmao: .

Actually, I didn't mention this because I was too ashamed but I will own up to it. When we initially found out we were having twins, my DH considered naming our girls Nerys and Jadzia (Kira and Dax's 1st names in ST:DS9). Beautiful names, but I was afraid of the teasing. We chose more traditional names for them.

My Goddaughter's name is Kira after the character. At least they went with that instead of Nerys. The father wanted to name her Jadzia. My friend said no.

had a kid in first grade a few yrs back named Strat Speedy, Prescious Diamond was another -what about the baseball player Coco Crisp (like the cereal- could be a nickname though)

We met a worker at Astroworld named Washateria. I think the accent was probably Wash-uh-tuh-RE-uh, but I didn't have the heart to ask her. :rotfl2: DH and I wondered if the name indicated the place of conception or delivery. :lmao:

When my dh was laid off three years ago, one of the many jobs he had to get us through was managing a local mall's Santa booth. One night a woman came up and proudly introduced her 6yo twins, Diamond and Diamonique.

Imagine growing up as the "fake", knowing your sister was the "real thing"! :rolleyes:

I used to work with a woman named Velveeta. Seriously. When we lived in teh Philippines, the man who used to do our yardwork was named Hell.

I don't know if this is a repeat but a girl that was on the cheer team's sis is named Sinsay like the instructor of a karate class? I don't know how to spell it but it is spelled like the instructor:rotfl2:

Well I've got some pretty funny one's to add to the list...Some I know the people and some I've gotten while taking TOGO orders and some just rumors from teachers/friends
So I've got a cousin who I LOVE to death but she named her Daughters Sky, and Stormie....and the other two kids have normal names :S (Alexis Joey).

A girl that came to pick up a togo order was named La-A when she said it I had to ask her how she spelt it ( LA dash A ) I was like OOOOO OKK

And a math teacher that told me about a girl she used to teach her name was Delishious D..K ( like the sporting goods store , mean person) I ALMOST DIED LAUGHING!!!!!!

Oh and I girl that we used to work with was named Caress Lace....when I found out I couldnt look her in the face...she was trashy also so :S

I went school with Campbell Soup, Penny Ann Nickles, Paul Revere, Scotty Scott, and a boy named Tricky who had a brother named Chevy Chase.

According to the criminal records in our city, there was a guy arrested for crack named "Omegatron Ozone" with a normal last name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter