Horizons by Marriott

2princesscuties

DIS Veteran
Hi Everybody-We are Going to be in Disney the week of March 9th and we are staying at my in-laws condo at Horizons by Marriott.Have any of my fellow "Dis"ers stayed there.Are they clean?I have 2 DD's and when we are not at the parks I just hope there are enough things to keep them entertained

1979-off site with parents as a child
1987-Grad Night
March 2007-Off site

Me :banana:
DH :cool1:
Melissa(DD):cheer2:
Emmy(DD)princess:

Horizons by Marriott is awesome for kids. It's as good or better than the Disney resorts for kids (we own DVC and with Marriott both). Here's some pictures from my April trip last year:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0CbOGThs5YsXGA

There are two zero entry pools with themed slides, a mini water park, and a cute miniature golf course. The kids we had with us were having so much fun, they didn't even want to go to the parks. They didn't want to leave the pirate slide at the main pool or miss any activities. We did end up going to the Disney parks one day.

The resort was immaculate. Even the restrooms by the main pool area were spotless.

The buildings that overlook the pirate ship pool are Buildings 13 and 14. Building 13 is the closest to the Pirate ship pool.

The new building we stayed in was Building 28 and it overlooked the newest pool with the tall slide and mini water park area.

littlestar thanks for the info. IS the resort very spread out? Is it far from one pool area to the other? just want to figure which building to request. We usually stay at the Grande Vista and it's pretty big.

As of last April 2006, it was not spread out at all. It's very compact. It was an easy five minute walk from any building to either pool area.

sO, WITH A 2 AND 8 YEAR OLD, sorry for the caps - should I request building 13? It's my inlaws condo, too - they're trading from Hilton Head for us to go there - Do you think an upper floor is better - or ground floor - thanks for the advice! I may also have my mom who doesn't do steps well - there are elevators, right?

If you want a new building, I'd ask for Building 28 or 29. 28 overlooks the new pool. Yes, the buildings had elevators.

Your pictures are great! Did you happen to save a list of the kids activities they have? We are thinking about staying here with our boys 4 and 6 in May. Thanks!

They had lots of planned activities - lunch with the pirates, wacky water games, sundaes and floats, cane pole fishing, Horizons harbour pool party, create your own treasures, face painting, remote control boat racing, caribbean night, Disney trivia, Kids Night Out - Pirate night, etc (there is more but I can't remember it all). My sister also told me they had treasure hunts (with coins for her kids to find that they could redeem for prizes).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter