Hoop Dee Doo Revue - first time!

Dizjunkieee

Mouseketeer
First, not sure if this belongs on the restaurant board or elsewhere, but thought I would start here.

I am an AP who visits WDW 3-4 time a year and have planned a trip for my Dad and I in March. We decided it would be nice to add Hoop Dee Doo to the mix of extras we have planned, but believe it or not, I have never been!!!! Crazy, I know! Anyway, I have a few questions for those of you who are more familiar than I:
  • Does it really matter which category seating we choose? i.e. would the experience be a whole lot different in category 1 vs. 2 or 3? My Dad is not the type who enjoys being in the spotlight - just in case that factors into where we should or shouldn't sit.
  • Woud I be correct in thinking the most efficient mode of transport from the Boardwalk Villas to Pioneer Hall would be Uber? We may be at MK that day, so if we are, we'll just take the boat, but if we take an afternoon break, we may be coming direct from our resort.
  • I see no mention of any AP discounts for this event, so assume there aren't any, correct?
TIA!
-Kelly

We actually prefer category 3 which is upstairs because like your dad, I don't really enjoy being in the spotlight. Uber will probably work, but bus to MK then boat to FW is our fam's best. We enjoy the boatride to and fro. No AP discounts that I know of.

I actually call Hoop de doo the best deal in Disney. Good hearty food, good service, good fun time entertainment and Yuengling on tap. pirate:

We just went for the first time this December. Definitely one of the highlight ADRs of our trip! The theatre is not too big so all categories will give you a good view IMO. When we went it was not a sellout so they "upgraded" everyone to the best table possible to fill in the gaps.

And as PP pointed out, the bottomless Yuengling (as well as Sangria and (IIRC) Bud Light) makes it a homerun.

So glad to hear that you both had excellent experiences at this ADR! Everything I've read has been positive so who knows, it may become a "must do" on every trip! Thanks for the info on seating and transport!!

So glad to hear that you both had excellent experiences at this ADR! Everything I've read has been positive so who knows, it may become a "must do" on every trip! Thanks for the info on seating and transport!!

Warning you though, it will becomes a must do when you go back! :tigger:

And to boot, I don't typically like hillbilly music (my wife is a hillbilly's daughter) but I do like the show.

If you use Uber you will be dropped off at the Outpost - about a mile from Pioneer Hall. You will have to wait for, and take an internal bus to the restaurant.
We always opt to bus to MK and take the boat to Pioneer Hall. The dock is a short walk away.
Category 3 seating is all upstairs if you Dad has any issues climbing stairs. Personally I like Cat 1 seats best.
Have Fun

We've done HDDR each trip, it's most certainly a must do for us.. Done it six years in a row... The last four we've sat in Cat 3 and there is really no difference for us, we enjoy it up there too! The entertainers come up and interact with us too!

First, not sure if this belongs on the restaurant board or elsewhere, but thought I would start here.

I am an AP who visits WDW 3-4 time a year and have planned a trip for my Dad and I in March. We decided it would be nice to add Hoop Dee Doo to the mix of extras we have planned, but believe it or not, I have never been!!!! Crazy, I know! Anyway, I have a few questions for those of you who are more familiar than I:
  • Does it really matter which category seating we choose? i.e. would the experience be a whole lot different in category 1 vs. 2 or 3? My Dad is not the type who enjoys being in the spotlight - just in case that factors into where we should or shouldn't sit.
  • Woud I be correct in thinking the most efficient mode of transport from the Boardwalk Villas to Pioneer Hall would be Uber? We may be at MK that day, so if we are, we'll just take the boat, but if we take an afternoon break, we may be coming direct from our resort.
  • I see no mention of any AP discounts for this event, so assume there aren't any, correct?
TIA!
-Kelly
I agree with another poster Uber is not the way to get there in that you will have to use bus. using Uber or Taxi could take up to 30 minutes to get to other end of campground if you just miss the bus and next one has a number of stops on way there. the characters make their way around the room including singing so you could be in spotlight anywhere in the dinning room including upstairs

Does it really matter which category seating we choose? i.e. would the experience be a whole lot different in category 1 vs. 2 or 3? My Dad is not the type who enjoys being in the spotlight - just in case that factors into where we should or shouldn't sit.

HOOP-DEE-DO-REVIEW TICKET AND SEATING "411":
1) HDDR tables are prioritized in category by WHEN the ressie was made
. . . whether via phone or on-line.
. . . example: a Cat-1 ressie made in January gets a better table than ressie made in February
. . . example: a Cat-1 ressie made within 7-days of the show gets Cat-1 leftovers
2) Tables are manually assigned on 8th day before the show date.
3) Last minute ressies are assigned to the next open table in order.
4) The earlier ressies are made, the better table location.
5) Exception: #044 & #045, kept for last minute handicapped guests.
6) Table numbers do have meaning,
. . . EXAMPLE: table #052
. . . 0 = floor-level
. . . 5 = fifth-row-from-front
. . . 2 = second-table-from-left (when facing the stage)
7) Tables may be moved around to accommodate number of guests.
8) Only one family/group is usually seated per table. *
9) Distribution of tables and categories, prior to any combining of tables.
. . . Cat-1 tables are main floor back to row8, they are the best seats
. . . Cat-2 tables are the seven tables in row9 on main floor
. . . Cat-2 tables are the last four on left/right wings
. . . Cat-2 tables are the eight rear balcony tables facing stage
. . . Cat-3 tables are the eight tables on both balcony sides
. . . Cat-2 and Cat-3 tables may have posts in the viewing way **
. . . Cat-3 tables require one-half of the table to turn around to see
10) DDP Credit Use
. . . 4:00pm show = 2TS for Cat-2 and/or Cat-3, no Cat-1 using DDP credits
. . . 6:15pm show = 2TS for Cat-2 and/or Cat-3, no Cat-1 using DDP credits
. . . 8:30pm show = 2TS for Cat-1, Cat-2 and/or Cat-3
11) Ticket Pick-Up:
. . . up to 7-days prior to show date at any Concierge or any Park/DTD Guest Services
. . . within 2-hrs prior to show-time only at HDDR Box Office at Fort Wilderness
. . . box office windows are to the left of Pioneer Hall at FW
* There are four large tables for big families. If there are no big families (which seldom happens), they will mix small families of 2-4 to fill the tables. This allows HDDR to maximize the seating, and revenue. If there are more than one group at the table, each group has its own "family style" menu items.
** I often assign seats for HDDR, and wince when I put folks behind pillars or have the pillars in their line-of-sight.

If you are paying to go I say go for the best closest possible. I would not like the balcony myself! Even if a great view that is too removed for me! You wont likely be right up front in Cat. 1 as you are booking late. It would be worth it to me. I agree with the above..uber not the best to this local..the boat is the best option.

We go to HDDR on every Disney trip and love it just as much every time. We've have had seats in every category and we like the balcony most because we are also a little more comfortable out of the spotlight. The cast still comes upstairs but all of the more embarrassing/spotlight moments happen down on the floor. During the show one of the ladies always chooses an older man sitting front and center on the main floor and sits in his lap and flirts a little, then comes back occasionally throughout the show. I think all the people called up on stage are also from the main floor. The hall is small enough that the view is great from everywhere. Also, I agree with others who say the boat from the magic kingdom is the best way to get there. Have fun!

Boat from MK to FW is best way to get there. We got a discount for the 8:30 show, but it might have been for TIW, not AP--sorry, can't recall. We sat in category 1 in the middle of the floor and it was great. Right in the middle of everything, but not in the spotlight. You will all have a great time!

Since day one I avoided this show since I live in the land of HoopDeeDoo ............ always thought it would be country music. It's not. We thought it was fun and really cute.

Booked Category 3 with TiW for 8:30 show and loved it. I will never book anything other than 3. Loved being removed but also included when a few came up there and they gave us some instruments.

Transportation is the only issue. From Pop to MK via bus then HDDR via boat took close to two hours. But the best part was after the last show they have buses for you at the hall to go direct to your resort.

Disney%20Feb%2014%20I%20578.jpg

Disney%20Feb%2014%20I%20620.jpg

Disney%20Feb%2014%20I%20588.jpg

Disney%20Feb%2014%20I%20576.jpg

iPhone%20Feb%2024%202014%201892.jpg

iPhone%20Feb%2024%202014%201894.jpg

Just went for the first time as well last month and it was great! My family will definitely need to do it again on a future trip!

I originally could only book category 3 due to some weird issue with the ADRs over the summer. Eventually category 1 opened up and I switched immediately. I had read reviews that half the table had to turn around for category 3, which can be the same depending on where in category 1 or 2 you are seated. We were third row and center, but upon entering, they suggested having the shorter guests sit closer to the stage so they did not block us as much when turning around. Category 3 is also only side seating on the balcony, not center (category 2). Not sure how important that would be for you. As @Hopefully mentioned, category 3 requires walking up and down a large flight of stairs. My mother has mobility issues so this was our main reason for needing category 1. The performers really do make it around the entire room so someone in category 3 still has a chance of being interacted with.

For transportation, I wanted to avoid navigating Fort Wilderness via bus. If you are going directly from your resort, you could always take an Uber to the Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge, then take the blue flag boat. Pioneer Hall is a very short walk from the boat dock. The boat is the most convenient option IMO.

As for discounts, I believe HDDR only takes Table in Wonderland for the 8:30pm show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter