Hoop de doo or kona cafe

I would skip Kona for sure. The only meal there that is decent, IMO, is breakfast. So many other dinners at the WDWR that are much better.

With that said, with boys the ages yours are, I would recommend Mickeys Backyard BBQ over HDDR. Its so fun for the kids, and the BBQ buffet is a lot more kid friendly! (Plus complimentary beer, wine and sangria for the adults!) Your kids can dance with the characters, watch a Lasso show and have fun running around! At the HDDR, they will have to stay seated and watch a show with comedy that will go over their heads.

Whatever you end up choosing, have a great time :)

Another hoop vote. Kona breakfast is amazing, but dinner is a huge let down.

We love Kona Café but hands down we would pick HDDR - they are totally different experiences. It is so easy to get to HDDR from MK. Just take the boat right there - then it is a short walk from the pier to the restaurant. We have been taking our kids since they were little and they absolutely love it. Enjoy!

Thank you all so much for your input and helping me decide! HDDR sounds great and since we're on the DDP and have no 2pt experiences lined up this one may just be it!
Just want to point out that category 1 seating is NOT eligible for the DDP for the 6:15 show. I made the mistake of booking Cat. 1 without reading the fine print only to realize I couldn't use my TS credits for this. Luckily I was able to rebook for Cat. 2 so all is good now. I believe ONLY the 8:30 show will allow you to use TS credits for Cat. 1 seating. Of course, Cat. 2 and 3 are TS eligible for all showings (4:00, 6:15, 8:30)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter