• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Honeymooners 1st time at Disney - Pls critique our ADRs!

darguel

Earning My Ears
Hi! We're going to be visiting WDW for the first time for our honeymoon from 12-20 Nov! :love:

We've only been to the Disneyland in Tokyo so we're gearing ourselves up for a LOT of walking and walking and walking :cool1:

Came up with the following plans and was hoping that u veterns can help point out any noob mistakes or changes we should make to the ADRs or plans for the parks.

THANKS!!

12 Nov:
- arrive in Orlando at abt 6.30pm, hop onto ME
- check into POP.
- Dinner at POP's food court

13 Nov - Going to Universal studios so eating there

14 Nov:
- moving to Poly!!
- char bfast at Ohana (9.30am)
- visit AK
- Lunch at Flametree
- Hoop de doo (6.15pm)

15 Nov:
- Bfast at Captain Cook's
- Epcot day!
- Lunch at Le Celliers (11.30am)
- Dinner at Cape May Cafe (6.25pm)
- Head back into Epcot to watch Illuminations

16 Nov:
- Char bfast at Crystal Palace (8.25am)
- MK day!
- Lunch ??? (suggestions v welcome!)
- Dinner ??? (suggestions v welcome!)
- MVMCP

17 Nov:
- DTD day + visiting resorts (GF, AKL, FW, AoA)
- Lunch at Wolfgang Puck express/ Earl of Sandwich
- Dinner at Spirit of Aloha (8pm)

18 Nov:
- Maybe shopping at the outlets offsite
- OR visit Epcot/MK again
- Dinner at California Grill (6.55pm)

19 Nov:
- HS day!
- Bfast from HS (Staring rolls?)
- Lunch at 50s primetime cafe (11.30am)
- Dinner at Fairfax Fare
- Catch Osborne lights

20 Nov:
- Last min stuff
- Flight out at 3pm

Sry for the long post and pls feel free to make any suggestions or critiques! We're so excited!!!! :rotfl::woohoo:

Just one question- Are you on the DDP? Just wondering if you're having to count the number of TS credits that you have.

-Nov 14- I'd recommend you try for an earlier breakfast ADR (just keep checking repeatedly for availability). Otherwise you probably won't arrive at the AK till 11:00 am. at the very earliest. And you probably wouldnt want lunch. This also would probably mean that you won't get to see a lot of the non-ride attractions before you had to leave the park to get to HDDR.

-Nov 16- Do you want another TS meal today or just 2 CS meals for lunch and dinner? Hopefully one of these meals could be at the new BOG restaurant if it is open by then. Keep your eye out for the announcement in August when they make the ADRs available for booking. Other good choices for meals in the park include LTT for TS and CHH and Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bill's for CS. Keep in mind that the party starts at 7:00pm, so you'll probably want to be done eating by then.

Nov 18- if you end up back at Epcot, you might want to try an early CS meal in WS. LOTS to choose from.

Nove 19- Not doing Fantasmic? It will be early that time of year. You could get something from Fairfax Fare and take it into F. to eat while you wait for the show to start. Just a thought.

Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon!

Just one question- Are you on the DDP? Just wondering if you're having to count the number of TS credits that you have.

-Nov 14- I'd recommend you try for an earlier breakfast ADR (just keep checking repeatedly for availability). Otherwise you probably won't arrive at the AK till 11:00 am. at the very earliest. And you probably wouldnt want lunch. This also would probably mean that you won't get to see a lot of the non-ride attractions before you had to leave the park to get to HDDR.

-Nov 16- Do you want another TS meal today or just 2 CS meals for lunch and dinner? Hopefully one of these meals could be at the new BOG restaurant if it is open by then. Keep your eye out for the announcement in August when they make the ADRs available for booking. Other good choices for meals in the park include LTT for TS and CHH and Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bill's for CS. Keep in mind that the party starts at 7:00pm, so you'll probably want to be done eating by then.

Nov 18- if you end up back at Epcot, you might want to try an early CS meal in WS. LOTS to choose from.

Nove 19- Not doing Fantasmic? It will be early that time of year. You could get something from Fairfax Fare and take it into F. to eat while you wait for the show to start. Just a thought.

Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon!

Thanks so much for your suggestions minnie mum!

No we are not currently on DP. We did some math and realised that we would spend more for DP as we won't eat as much if we paid OOP. For eg, we would probably skip appetizers or split one and dessert. Though there are rumours of free dining so fingers crossed!

Is there a lot to do at AK? We keep reading that it's not a very exciting park so that's why we wanted to give more time to check in at Poly in the morning before gg to breakfast. Will look for an earlier ADR to give us that option :)

I need to do more reading on Fantasmic. I have heard of it but don't really know what it is. :confused3 Is it a nighttime parade? In that case then it sounds awesome!! Will go read up on good spots and all that :D

Thanks!!

Hi! We're going to be visiting WDW for the first time for our honeymoon from 12-20 Nov! :love:

We've only been to the Disneyland in Tokyo so we're gearing ourselves up for a LOT of walking and walking and walking :cool1:

Came up with the following plans and was hoping that u veterns can help point out any noob mistakes or changes we should make to the ADRs or plans for the parks.

THANKS!!

12 Nov:
- check into POP.

14 Nov:
- moving to Poly!!
- visit AK
- Lunch at Flametree
- Hoop de doo (6.15pm)

15 Nov:
- Epcot day!

16 Nov:
- MK day!
- MVMCP

17 Nov:

18 Nov:

19 Nov:
- HS day!
- Dinner at Fairfax Fare
- Catch Osborne lights

20 Nov:
- Last min stuff
- Flight out at 3pm

Sry for the long post and pls feel free to make any suggestions or critiques! We're so excited!!!! :rotfl::woohoo:

For your MK day, since you are going to MVMCP at night, I'd do a TS meal at lunch time and CS for dinner so that you're not wasting party time in a restaurant. Since you're going to CP for breakfast, you'll probably want a later lunch (we're always sooo full after CP), which would work well with having a lighter CS dinner. We like LTT for lunch.

I also would recommend Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch (and lunch only) and counter service/snacks for dinner (after buffet breakfast and I would choose a late lunch at LTT we would not be that hungry) The only other issue I can see is with Fame tree and Hoop de doo on the same day, I like them both, but they seem to be to alike for food on the same day.
Donna

THANKS!!

12 Nov:
- check into POP.

14 Nov:
- moving to Poly!!
- visit AK
- Lunch at Flametree
- Hoop de doo (6.15pm)

15 Nov:
- Epcot day!

16 Nov:
- MK day!
- MVMCP

17 Nov:

18 Nov:

19 Nov:
- HS day!
- Dinner at Fairfax Fare
- Catch Osborne lights

20 Nov:
- Last min stuff
- Flight out at 3pm

Fantasmic is a show starring Mickey in an outdoor amphitheatre, with fire and water and magic oh my....Do NOT miss out on seeing it! As the pp suggested get a burger or something from any of the fast food places down the street and take it in with you-the arena is at the end of the street.

I recommend Plaza at MK for lunch or dinner-not too heavy a TS meal and the desserts are great-you may want to split one though as me and DH are quite frankly greedy pigs about dessert and we struggeld to finish the brownie sundaes. Have a wonderful Disneymoon and a great life together :tinker:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and well wishes!! At this stage of our wedding and honeymoon planning we need all the good thoughts we can get! OOP but we're going to NYC for 10 nights after WDW so lots more planning for that :banana:

We actually wanted to go Boma on 14 Nov but then reservations for HDD opened for Nov and we had to try and fit it in somewhere! A bit sad abt missing Boma but we will see how it goes. We're planning to split a meal at Flametree as we're not very big eaters (just really greedy for variety!) and I know the servings in the US are quite sizable.

Read up on Fantasmic and we're definitely going for it now! Will probably pack in the hotdogs from Fairfax and wait for the show to start :3dglasses

Thanksthanks everyone! Anymore suggestions for our schedule is very welcome :)

You may want to check out a site that shows anticipated crowd levels for each day. The crowd level jumps on the 18th and 19th, so you may want to make those your shopping and resort days.

THANKS!!

12 Nov:
- check into POP.

14 Nov:
- moving to Poly!!
- char bfast at Ohana (9.30am) I would try to move this ADR a bit earlier! There is a good bit of things to do at AK especially if you want to do some of the big rides (EE, Dino, Kali River, etc.) and the shows (love Lion King!)
- visit AK
- Lunch at Flametree
- Hoop de doo (6.15pm) I really don't think that Hoop de doo is that great. For the price you are paying I would much prefer to go to a nice TS or signature! If you keep your 9:30 ADR you won't be done until 10:30 if everything goes well so I wouldn't be hungry until at least 2:30 for lunch and then having a 6:15 dinner ADR is too close for me.

15 Nov:
- Epcot day!

16 Nov:
- Char bfast at Crystal Palace (8.25am) I would definitely keep my eyes open to see if something earlier opens up but that is a great ADR!
- MK day!
- Lunch ??? (suggestions v welcome!) If BOG is open you might want to try that. You could go to one of the monerail resorts for a meal (Kona Cafe, etc.) or you could eat at one of the TS in the park (LTT or Plaza). Depending on the ADR availability you may want to do a CS for dinner or do an early TS ADR (remember that the party starts at 7pm).
- MVMCP

17 Nov:
- Dinner at Spirit of Aloha (8pm) Again, I would suggest that you go somewhere else (TS or signature) for the price that you are paying. The food really is not that good. If you are exploring GL and AKL you could go to Jiko, Boma, Narcoosees, Citricos, GFC, or go to one of the other monerail resorts.

18 Nov:
- Maybe shopping at the outlets offsite If you are going to NY for the remainder of your honeymoon, I would personally spend as much time at Disney as possible but that is just me! ;)
- OR visit Epcot/MK again A great TS at Epcot is Via Napoli! The food is delicious! One of our favorites! :thumbsup2
- Dinner at California Grill (6.55pm) Great choice!

19 Nov:
- HS day!
- Dinner at Fairfax Fare
- Catch Osborne lights As PPs have said I would definitely go to Fantasmic!

20 Nov:
- Last min stuff
- Flight out at 3pm

My opinions are above in purple. I hope you enjoy your honeymoon!

One place that I would consider adding is Jiko for dinner. DH and I LOVED that place when we went our honeymoon. Great atmosphere, and great food! It's very "adult" if that makes any sense. California Grill seems to be your only real adult type meal place...and that's fine if you and DH aren't into that, but just be aware that your other dinners don't really have the potential as being a romantic dinner.

The only other advice I would give is to say that you are going to be eating A LOT. DH and I made the mistake of overscheduling in terms of food on our honeymoon, and we ended up canceling so many of our ADRs because it was just too much food (we paid OOP as well and usually just got appetizer to split and entrees each). I felt so weighed down by the end of the trip. I don't think you need to eat 3 sit-down meals a day.

Congrats btw :goodvibes

I'll second one of the other posters, if you can add Jiko do it. DH and I had dinner there on our honeymoon, and it was one of the most memorable meals of the trip.

If you are going to Islands of Adventure , I recommend Mythos. you can make ressies at opentable.com

NOV. 14 is an EMH day at AK. Unless you plan to be there to take advantage of EMH, it makes no sense to go to that park that day. It will be very crowded, especially arriving as late as you will be arriving.

Thanks everyone for your great suggestions and recommendations!!

Have changed our plans a bit according to whatever ADRs I can get my hands on :woohoo: Our new plans are in pink below, any more comments are very welcome!

12 Nov:
- check into POP.

14 Nov:
- moving to Poly!!
- visit AK - going to MK/HS instead
- Lunch at Flametree - a snack for lunch
- Hoop de doo (6.15pm) - future husband really looking forward to this so no change

15 Nov: - no change!
- Epcot day!

16 Nov:
- MK day!
- Lunch - a snack or a quick CS bite if we get hungry
- Dinner - Liberty Tree Tavern (5.30)
- MVMCP

17 Nov:
all the above is replaced with a day at HS!
- Bfast: Starring rolls
- Lunch: 50s primetime(12.30am)/Sci-fi (can't decide!)
- Fastasmic (6.30pm)
- Later dinner at Fairfax or any other CS
- Admire the Osborne lights

18 Nov:
- Replaced above with Resort hopping & DTD
- More Resort hopping

19 Nov:
- HS day!
- Dinner at Fairfax Fare
- Catch Osborne lights
all the above is replaced with a day at AK
- EMH Rope drop if possible
- Lunch at where ever
- Dinner at Boma (7pm)

20 Nov:
- Last min stuff
- Flight out at 3pm :(

Your revised plan sounds a lot better....congrats and have a wonderful time !!!

If you are looking for a QS in the MK....I recommend either Casey's or Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter