Honeymoon tips?

stardreamernicole

Earning My Ears
Hey guys, I'm new to the Disboards! Me and my soon-to-be DH will be "Disneymooning" in August of this year, and I was wondering if anyone in here who has already done a Disney honeymoon could give me some tips for our trip, to make it the best it can be. We're staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter resort (we're both native Louisianians, so it was no contest where we were staying!), and we'll be in Orlando for 7 nights and 8 days. ANY tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

first of al, welcome to the DIS and congrats! you will find a wealth of info here! try using your search tool at the top of the page and search for "honeymoon tips" or "honeymoon advice" there have been TONS of threads on this and I am sure you will find lots of great info!:goodvibes

My tip:

Our first night we made ressies for CRT and told them it was our honeymoon and they made it very "magical" for us. I suggest planning a very nice dinner (whatever appeals to you both), and making your first evening a relaxing one where you can meander around shops, plan a cruise, or something to that affect.

For my DH i planned a GOAL (www.giftsofalifetime.com) for him to coincide with our dinner at CRT.......it became the best night of our honeymoon because it was our first night at Disney as husband and wife and we kept it relaxed and romantic. With the amount of time you will be there, there is no need to RUSH out your first noght and do everyhting at once. Take it slow and enjoy!

We also stayed at POFQ......very romantic resort.....take a night stroll and take everything in. DH and i walked from POFQ to POR and back along the river one night at like 1:00 a.m. and it was beautiful and private.

Congrats and have fun! :goodvibes

I wanted to do the carriage ride when I stayed at Riverside but my Dh is afraid of horses. Do the carriage ride for me.

We are also from a "small town" in south Louisiana!! :cheer2: Go LA! Hehe!

Anyway, we stayed at POR just a few weeks ago for our Honeymoon....sniff...it's over. :(

But anyway, we did the horse and carriage ride also and it was lovely and peaceful!! I made the reservations through disney recreation and I made them for 7 p.m. (thinking it would be dark...which it wasn't...silly me!). But it was still nice, peaceful, and romantic and it was a surprise to Dh...he had no idea so of course he loved it!!! :)

Also get a the "Just Married" buttons......they had them at POR as we were checking in...the CM gave them to us. Buy the ears, too!! :)

And don't forget to have a Magical time because it truly is MAGICAL!! :goodvibes

We are also from a "small town" in south Louisiana!! :cheer2: Go LA! Hehe!

Anyway, we stayed at POR just a few weeks ago for our Honeymoon....sniff...it's over. :(

But anyway, we did the horse and carriage ride also and it was lovely and peaceful!! I made the reservations through disney recreation and I made them for 7 p.m. (thinking it would be dark...which it wasn't...silly me!). But it was still nice, peaceful, and romantic and it was a surprise to Dh...he had no idea so of course he loved it!!! :)

Also get a the "Just Married" buttons......they had them at POR as we were checking in...the CM gave them to us. Buy the ears, too!! :)

And don't forget to have a Magical time because it truly is MAGICAL!! :goodvibes

aren't we ALL from a small town in south LA? hehe:rolleyes1

I don't have any tips for you since we are just starting the planning process as well but wanted to say that I'm originally from Louisiana too (though in north Louisiana, Bossier City) and the Port Orleans really appealed to us as well. You'll be honeymooning before us so make sure you post a report and let us know how it holds up to your expectations! I'm sure you guys will have a fabulous time...congratulations!!!

I'm not from south Louisiana but DH is--St. Bernard Parish. Anyway, we had our honeymoon in December (Christmas week). We had the buttons, but didn't get any extra pixie dust, but we still had a wonderful time!

We stayed at BWV and at the Contemporary. We enjoyed sitting out on the Boardwalk at night watching Illuminations. We found a bench outside JellyRolls and althought there were lots of people all around, it was still really nice. We also went to Hoop Dee Doo and the luaua at the Poly. We LOVED the luau! The beach at the Poly is also pretty romantic at night. We had some really great meals but our favorite was at Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. The food was THE BEST and the atmosphere was wonderful! We also did a fireworks wishes cruise--LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT!

I think I went way overboard trying to plan things to make our honeymoon extra special. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I planned some of the things, but the best and most special memories I have came from unexpected and unplanned little moments. Try to just soak up every moment. Happy planning and best wishes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter