Honeymoon help!

DDelFarn

Earning My Ears
Hi! My fiancee and I are going to Disney and staying at Coronado Springs...I just couldn't see spending money on a hotel I wouldn't be at! :)

We have the Dream Maker package...is it worth it to get the Silver upgrade? (just for food, we'd never go golfing and my FI will never get a massage!)

How is the fourth of July at Disney? Is it worth going?

Universal...is it worth getting tickets there as well? The problem is, we're under 25 so I wouldn't be able to rent a car....what would be the best way to get there?

I'm honeymooning at the World too, and am staying in Port Orleans Riverside. We're staying for 6 nights and split our stay up onto 2 packages. The first three days we have the Dream Maker with Silver Plan and the last three days we have just the Dream Maker. I did a little pencil pushing and added up the costs of some of the extras I wanted to do (Cirque du Soleil, Hoop Dee Doo Revue, Spirit of Aloha Luau, and two tours) and found that the extra cost of the Silver Plan would be less than buying tickets to each of those things individually. We saved around $150 by using the Silver Plan. But those were the only costly special things we waned to do, so I couldn't justify adding the Silver Plan to the whole trip which is why I split it up into two reservations. Maybe that's an option for you. Check out wdwig.com for menus to et an idea of what you'd be ordering and then add up the amounts to see how tht compares to adding $68 per person per night for the Silver Plan. Good luck and happy disneymooning!!

To answer your question about go on the 4th of July:

I was just there this past 4thof July week (thats when I got engaged :sunny: ) & I won't lie to you, it was packed!! But we had a great time any way we were in the Majic Kingdom the whole day & stayed for the Fire works. We didn't have a very good veiw because it was so crowded & you need to find a good veiwing spot about 2 hours befor it starts! We also had a really hard time getting out of the park ( it took us about an hour & a half) all the exits were blocked off cause there was grid lock on main street! But like I said we still had a great time & would do it again in a heart beat! From what we saw the fire works were the best I had ever seen! Just get a good spot some where on main street!:wave2:

Welcome to the DISBoards!!!

Most of the package plans Disney puts together are there for convienence, not for savings. Almost all the time you will not utilize all the options of the package to get the money's worth out of it. I would suggest booking the room by itself through the CRO without any other packages/tickets. How many nights are you planning for? Are you planning water parks/Pleasure Island? If not, you might be better of just buying regular Park Hoppers.

4th of July is notoriously bad. But then again, most of the summer is. Attendance is on the rebound so expect next year to be busy too. I'll be there for about 11 days at the end of June so I'll feel your pain.

Universal is great if you can fit it into your schedule. For transportation, look into taxis or towncar companies to get you to and from. (BTW, even under 25 can rent cars, they just charge you an extra $10-25 a day for the risk).

If you want more help, don't hesitate to PM me. I would be glad to talk particulars with you. And remember, this is your honeymoon! Have fun and relax. Oh yeah, I think you'll be spending more time in that hotel room than you might think, especially if your wife has anything to do with it. :crazy:

Thomas

We did our Honeymoon using what would now be dream maker plus Sliver. WE never went to water parks b/c it was to cold in NOV. and we were busy visting parks. WE actually had to book a few more Character meals to get the most out of our pkg. WE ate like Royality and did what we wanted but still didn't get ful benefit from Pkg. I would do as other poster suggested and book for only few days not full stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter