Hollywood Studios stage show Fastpass strategies

lilpixi

Earning My Ears
I'm interested in going to 2 stage shows, Frozen and beauty and the beast, at Hollywood Studios. I don't have fastpass for either. I plan to attend performances between 3 pm and 6 pm. (my Fastpasses will be all used around 2). My party is one adult (me!) and this is my first wdw visit. I think the crowd level on the day I am visiting will be a 6 (not sure). And I'm an over planner but I love it!

Questions:
1. Does it make sense to use my 4th fast pass on one of these stage shows?

2. If I go to a stage show without a Fastpass, how early should I arrive?

3. If a fastpass is no longer available for a specific time, should I go to a different one because it might be crowded? Or will I still be able to find a good seat in the standby queue?

4. Does it take a long time exiting after performances?

Thanks!

I am sure someone with more experience will answer too. But I am here now and spent the day at DHS. Frozen was always packed. We didn't go this time. B&b not as packed but still full. I'd get a FP fir Frozen if available. There were not any available by the time we could get another today.

1. Does it make sense to use my 4th fast pass on one of these stage shows?

2. If I go to a stage show without a Fastpass, how early should I arrive?

3. If a fastpass is no longer available for a specific time, should I go to a different one because it might be crowded? Or will I still be able to find a good seat in the standby queue?

4. Does it take a long time exiting after performances?

Shows other than Fantasmic! & Frozen
1. Neutral. You can, if you like.
2. 15 min., or so.
3. Neutral.
4. No.

Frozen
1. Yes.
2. 25 min.
3. Many show are busy. Arrive early and you should get in.
4. No.

Fantasmic!
1. Yes. (or 5th or 6th.)
2. 45-60 min. with or without a FP.
3. That's why you want to arrive early.
4. Yes.

If seeing a particular show is IMPORTANT to you, arriving early is the key.
It is much better to arrive far too early than to arrive one minute too late.

If seeing a show is just of passing interest, you can arrive 5-10 min. before and
maybe you'll be lucky.

This goes for popular shows at all parks.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter