Hollywood or Epcot

margot31

DIS Veteran
So I really goofed on this one. I have a FL gold pass. I didn't look at my dates to my blackout dates and since its my mommy weekend away i had a limited dates due to working around hubbies work schedule.

SO last night I realized my friday when I arrive is blackout which means I need to buy 1 day park ticket. Looking at my options only 1 park is my best option for price.

So I arrive on a friday around lunch time and will meet my aunt who is flying in. Epcot or Hollywood? My FP day has come already so I need to jump on this.

I don't want to upgrade my annual pass as I will be moving away later this year and won't return to DW for several years as the cost to fly even back home is outrageous from our soon to be home. (military)

It totally, completely depends on what your interests are in each park. Which one do you like better?

How many hours of park time will you actually have that Friday? Is going to Disney Springs an option instead?

You could look at what kind of FP are available at each and choose the park where you have the best FP options.

It depends on what you’re looking for. I personally would choose Epcot, just because it’s a little more mellow for a travel day. You can ride rides or explore World Showcase. But ... I am a big Epcot fan.

In my opinion, Epcot is far superior to Hollywood Studios, especially for adults. Food options are far more numerous (and better quality) at Epcot.

I would pick EPCOT, if its only an adult day. If kids are involved I would pick HS.

If you are talking about the blockout dates in April, I would choose Epcot. Flower & Garden is beautiful and interesting food/drink kiosks.

It totally, completely depends on what your interests are in each park. Which one do you like better?

I like both for different reasons.

How many hours of park time will you actually have that Friday? Is going to Disney Springs an option instead?

I'll be arriving around 12. My Aunt lands at like 1030...so she'll be at the resort by 12 would be my guess. So I figured lunch at the resort. So we have all afternoon and evening.

I like both for different reasons.

What, specifically, do you want to do the most? Have you been to Toy Story Land? Want to ride thrill rides? Do you particularly like World Showcase? You have to give more information for people to give you anything than just the park THEY prefer.

Thank you, and your family, for your service to our country!

Again, this is not super helpful. What, specifically, do you want to do the most? Have you been to Toy Story Land? Want to ride thrill rides? Do you particularly like World Showcase? You have to give more information for people to give you anything than just the park THEY prefer.

To be away from my kids is my main goal and enjoy disney without them. I have been in toy story land but i won't do slinky unless my husband is with me (I promised I would not do slinky without him even though we have to do rider swap) I like World Showcase. I'll do one of the other parks on saturday morning its just the matter of which one for my single day. I'll be doing MK fireworks on saturday night. So its more of which one on friday night cause i can't park hop i'll be in that park the whole time.

If I was buying a single day ticket, particularly on a day that I wouldn't be able to arrive at the park before early afternoon, I would choose whichever park is open the latest that day to feel like I'm maximizing the value of my ticket.

If you truly won't be returning to WDW for several years, I would go to Epcot. Enjoy Illuminations before it goes away. And I would make a late lunch ADR around world showcase instead of at your Aunt's resort, especially if you have to pay an extra day's ticket for that Friday. Might as well squeeze in as much time as you can for your $$$ :)

If you truly won't be returning to WDW for several years, I would go to Epcot. Enjoy Illuminations before it goes away. And I would make a late lunch ADR around world showcase instead of at your Aunt's resort, especially if you have to pay an extra day's ticket for that Friday. Might as well squeeze in as much time as you can for your $$$ :)

We are staying at the same resort sharing a room. But like said I’ll be making. Few more trips to Disney before we move and yea with illumination leaving it may not be a bad idea.

I would go for EPCOT. IMO HS doesn't have a whole lot going on right now. I'm hoping it is different when Star Wars opens but when we were there last January we ended up leaving around 2:00 because we were bored (yay for hoppers). My family loved EPCOT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter