Hollywood Brown Derby

lorimay

Strolling along...
A first time try for us and it was great.

Went for dinner and we really enjoyed everything we ate.

Bread service was good warm rolls and yummy butter.
I had to try the Cobb Salad which did not disappoint.
My husband had the filet and he thought it was very good.
Shared the grapefruit cake and it was really different but delicious too.

Our favorite thing we tried was the margarita flight, 5 ounces each; lime flavor with salted rim was ok, but I'm a sweet drink girl, my husband liked this one. next was the citrus with a sugar rim, it was so good. then was the pomegranate also with a sugar rim, tart and yummy.
We actually order a second flight because they were so good.C5831853-54BA-4F00-A3A7-8824BD25CD5A.jpegC73808CB-6CA7-4368-A4B1-B69C7B0B4400.jpeg5A0AD5CC-5E8A-4E14-9486-4CE29A8DCADC.jpeg38E66871-14BA-4DEA-A4A6-34ED2E35F409.jpeg

I don't know why they came up like this, sorry.
Can't find the picture of the Cobb Salad.
I loved the lights in the restaurant.

It happens a lot when posting from your device! So what you want to do if that happens is go back into your photo album and completely rotate the picture in a full circle, then save it. Then re-post them. It usually fixes it! Happy you enjoyed it!! Thanks for sharing the pics!

HBD is one of the few must dos for us almost every trip. When they opened the outside lounge we were so happy, I could get my Cobb Salad (a smaller version) and my son could get sliders. He loved the margarita flights as well. I'm so sad the lounge isn't serving food right now but I'm guessing I will be eating inside and having my Cobb Salad at some point on my upcoming April trip.

HBD is one of the few must dos for us almost every trip. When they opened the outside lounge we were so happy, I could get my Cobb Salad (a smaller version) and my son could get sliders. He loved the margarita flights as well. I'm so sad the lounge isn't serving food right now but I'm guessing I will be eating inside and having my Cobb Salad at some point on my upcoming April trip.

We sat out on the patio with drinks before dinner on Friday, it was so nice out there.
I think this place is a new must do each visit for us.

Agree, a great place for a full meal or just that flight of drinks and an app. So enjoyable. Thx for sharing!

For those that enjoy the grapefruit cake, is it supposed to very sour? I had it the last time I went and couldn’t finish it, it was so sour. Made my stomach hurt.
The rest of my meal was fabulous. The Cobb salad was absolutely delicious.

My son and daughter in law are bringing our 3yr old grandson in 2 weeks, we have decided to go along and watch him really enjoy it all now at this age.
I am have been talking about this place to them, I am trying to get it for us all.

For those that enjoy the grapefruit cake, is it supposed to very sour? I had it the last time I went and couldn’t finish it, it was so sour. Made my stomach hurt.

I think you might have gotten a heavy handed chef, it wasn't overly sour when we had it.
OMG that salad, I cannot wait to have it again.

I think you might have gotten a heavy handed chef, it wasn't overly sour when we had it.
OMG that salad, I cannot wait to have it again.
Thanks for the info. I’ll have to give it another shot.
The Cobb is definitely on my list to eat next time. I wonder how they chop the salad so fine. It’s wonderful not having huge pieces of lettuce.

While we enjoyed the service and the food was cooked and presented beautifully, it just wasn't for us-we would not mind trying it for lunch or if they bring back meals with an imagineer we would totally do it again, but it just wasn't for us (shout out to our waiter Jerry-I have no idea if you are still there but wherever you are I hope you are doing good).

It wasn't extremely sour to me, but definitely tasted strongly of grapefruit. I could only eat two bites of it even though I do like grapefruit.

I have a question for those of you have been post-Covid. I've been looking on the app. for about 2 weeks now and ADRs never open for HBD, are they taking ADRs or is it walk up waitlist? I am really hoping for my Cobb Salad fix but am thinking I might now get it.

I have a question for those of you have been post-Covid. I've been looking on the app. for about 2 weeks now and ADRs never open for HBD, are they taking ADRs or is it walk up waitlist? I am really hoping for my Cobb Salad fix but am thinking I might now get it.
They are taking ADRs because I found one a few weeks ago for my upcoming trip. I’m not sure if they also have a walk up waitlist though in addition to ADRs which would be worth a shot to get on the list early that morning.

ETA: they do have a walk up list but I would try to put in for it as soon as you enter HS.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter