Hollywood Brown Derby

dachsie

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been here lately? I am trying to decide if its worth going to for lunch about 1pm to get the salad and dessert after TSL EMM. After I eat I have a FP for SDD again. Thought I would do it in the morn but then thought I would probably need small break from it. LOL

I ate here last year for the 1st time after many visits. I had one of the best meals and service of all time. For starters HBD is one of the nicest places on Disney property. All the pictures of old Hollywood stars is very cool. I ordered cobb salad as a starter and have to say it was so good. Wow very yummy! Also had the pork chop for main entrée and wow was that ever so good. Probe would say overall I give it a 10 out of 10 and that was one of the best pork chops ever i had. Top 5 WDW restaurant you should go to. Imo I think its a must do! You wont regret it.

We decided to stop trying the HBD after a couple of not great meals even though previously we'd loved it. I decided to give it a try again last December for a late lunch and we had a great meal, fantastic server, great drinks. I think I just wasn't that keen on the menu the previous two times that I didn't enjoy it and one of the meals was pretty much the last seating of the night. That's never really a good idea; servers are tired, kitchen is ending its service. I hadn't realized it was closing as early as it did or I wouldn't have booked it. Anyway, I really like the current menu and I'm trying to find a way to shoehorn it into one of our upcoming trips but I'm having difficulty finding a slot for it. I think this is a lesson for me: sometimes a bad experience is a one-off, sometimes it's the menu that I just don't like, sometimes it's bad timing, sometimes the server is just having an off night. Maybe sometimes we just need a short break and then return if we like the menu.

We ate here for lunch last week (Saturday, 3/9, 12:15 adr.) The food was good but service really rushed and impersonal. Drinks came out after apps, but entrees came out before apps were finished. Server asked if he could take my entree plate away, and I said I was still working on it, but he misheard me and took it anyway! Water was not refilled even after requesting.

I loved the Cobb salad I ordered, but I didn’t get to finish it, and $200 (for 4 people) for a 20 minute lunch was disappointing. I’m still kind of mad about it, honestly.

I really enjoyed HBD. I got a chopped salad and a filet mignon & both were fantastic. Our server was really nice & attentive so that definitely added to the experience.

We had dinner at HBD a few weeks ago on the DxDP and were very pleasantly surprised with our meal and service. Our server was excellent, very attentive and friendly. We didn't feel rushed at all. We ordered the Cobb salad as an appetizer and it was delicious; we got a couple of other appetizers (beef carpaccio and crab wonton) and they were also very good but not large portions. Two in our party ordered the pork chops and said they were very good. I got the filet of beef and it was fantastic – perfectly cooked to medium rare, very tender and flavorful. The desserts were also very tasty. We would return.

We last ate there 12/25 for an impromptu lunch in the lounge; nice to just do a walk up as they do not accept reservations. Also good that you can order from both the restaurant and lounge menus now.

We opted for a few appetizers as small plates this time: split a Cobb salad, beef carpaccio, and the pork belly. Did a wonderful job of holding our appetites until a late dinner.

We eat at the lounge every trip, it is the only place we actually do that with, otherwise we like to try new places. Last trip was in Sept. for F&W and we ate at the lounge for lunch and then ate inside for supper one night. Love them both.

We have lunch there every trip we really enjoy it. I usually get the Cobb Salad and the mini desserts.

Is this a good restaurant to eat with young kids (younger than 7)?

When we last ate in the lounge, which is an outdoor covered patio, we observed several families of the stroller set sitting near us. They sat at regular tables whilst we ate at a high top table. This was our adult trip however twice we have eaten at the restaurant with older children (7 to 13) and seen toddlers and infants. The restaurant's children's menu is very very nice IMO and that of my traveling kiddos as well. DGD (now 13.5) still talks fondly of the chicken noodle soup.

At the lounge you can see "The March of the First Order" on the Jumbotron and many of the LOs found it just as interesting as the oldsters.

I would look at the menus and see if your party has an interest.

After skipping it for many years after questionable service and so-so meals (as others have already mentioned) I had lunch at HBD back in December and loved it, it was my second favorite after Flying Fish. I had the signature Cobb Salad, which I had previously only had once and thought it was delish. The waitress also brought me a complimentary cup of the Butternut Squash Soup and that was also super yummy. It's back into my regular rotation.

Last edited:
Echoing other reviews...we had some ok meals here a few years ago and stopped going to the main restaurant, then had apps and drinks a few times in the lounge/patio (all good), so we decided to try the restaurant again in January. We had a last day lunch that we scheduled the night before and it was great! I had the Cobb salad and DH got the burger, both were well prepared and yummy. Also got the dessert trio and even though I continue to order it and try it, I still am not a fan of the grapefruit cake. That's ok, though, because DH likes it! I did enjoy the other desserts--a chocolate pot au creme which was like a rich pudding and a blueberry cheesecake--so thankfully I ordered the trio and not just the grapefruit cake. I'm hoping to go back in December, but I'm thinking I'll need to plan a little earlier than the day before as DHS looks to get a little more crowded.

Is this a good restaurant to eat with young kids (younger than 7)?
We went for dinner on our trip in spring 2018. It was my husband, 13 year old daughter, 5 year old son, and I. My son really liked the glow cubes in our drinks, so I think the server gave him one of his own. We all really loved going, and if I can fit it in to our Fall 2019 trip - I just might do it again.

We were there for lunch in October. Had the Cobb salad. Wonderful. Must be popular as we saw many of them at tables around us.

Trying HBD for dinner during our next trip. I'm looking forward to trying the beef carpaccio. I've never had it. Not sure I'll like it but for some reason, I really want to give it a go.

Trying HBD for dinner during our next trip. I'm looking forward to trying the beef carpaccio. I've never had it. Not sure I'll like it but for some reason, I really want to give it a go.

Oh the carpaccio must be weally good! The man had it our first visit to the restaurant and gobbled it up so fast I dinna get a taste. Sniffles.

We shared the beef carpaccio appetizer on our visit to HBD, and it was delicious! However, it wasn't a large portion size for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter