Holly Jolly Holiday - update 12/28 MICKEY'S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY!

BlondeAppetit

DIS Veteran
WHO?

Me!

12118632_10153636486281168_644061285070993526_n.jpg

My oldest daughter - Lily

14937213_10154654573066168_2890258202467192763_n.jpg

My middle daughter - Annie

14716323_10154595989791168_210509987489093863_n.jpg

And our special guest - my MIL - Bec Bec (as the girls call her!)

11219073_10153238055336168_16344041625141534_n.jpg

WHAT?

A Holly Jolly Holiday - an extra long weekend filled with lots of festive holiday activities!

WHEN?

December 10th to December 13th

WHERE?

Pop Century

WHY?

Why not!

TABLE OF CONTENTS

THE SURPRISE

LIVE REPORT FROM WDW

OFFICIAL TRIP REPORT:

I love reading your trip reports so thank you in advance for stopping by!

Please feel free to introduce yourself and leave a comment!

Those red notifications make my heart :love: super happy!

Here we go...on our Holly Jolly Holiday! :santa:

pixiedust:

TRAVEL DAY & FORT WILDERNESS

----------

You can also follow this trip on my blog!

www.BlondeAppetitOnline.wordpress.com

Last edited:
THE SURPRISE

I frequently plan trips in advance for my own family and cross my fingers that they come to fruition when we get closer to the date! I just can’t turn down a great deal when I see one and I have a wish list of things that I want to do at Disney! I am so happy to announce that we will be heading to Walt Disney World in exactly one week for our Holly Jolly Holiday!

Ever since we attended Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, I have wanted to go to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. We are looking forward to the special parade with Santa, snow on Main Street, complimentary cookies and hot chocolate, and the fireworks show!

We cannot wait to tour deluxe resorts and see them dressed to the nines with glorious trees and more. I love Epcot and we are looking forward to the special musical performances, the storytellers from each country, and the holiday fireworks show. I have lots of fun and festive activities planned!

Since we recently opened the antique mall, Chris was a little hesitant to leave for a family trip. In his place, we decided to invite his mom who has been such a big help at the antique mall and auction house! She has not been since Chris was a little boy! This will be a nice relaxed trip for her to attend! I am so glad that she can come too!

Last night the elves were hard at work planning a big surprise for the girls this morning!

img_2788.jpg

Does it bother anyone else that the bands did not come red-green-red-green? You know you are OCD when...

img_2789.jpg

This morning I heard the squeals as the girls came down from their room!

I wanted to plan them a special breakfast as well. I picked up these Olaf dish sets on clearance for $5 each at Home Goods last year! I totally forgot to buy cinnamon rolls to make into Mickey heads this morning so…I improvised!

fullsizerender_1.jpg

img_2796.jpg

Yesterday, the elves brought the girls new Minnie Mouse nightgowns. Little did they know…they were a precursor to complete the big surprise!

Lastly, since this was a special Christmas trip, I wanted the Magic Bands to share in the theme! I think it is a fun touch to personalize the names as well as the colors!

fullsizerender.jpg

You can also follow this trip on my blog!

www.BlondeAppetitOnline.wordpress.com

Last edited:
THE AGENDA

SATURDAY

Travel Day

Leave SC around 7:30am

Arrive to POP CENTURY around 2:30pm

Head to Fort Wilderness

4pm - Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue - my oldest FAVORITE

7pm - Chip and Dale's Campfire Sing-a-long

Sleigh ride around Fort Wilderness

10pm - Wishes from the dock at Fort Wilderness

SUNDAY

Resort Day

Relaxing morning at POP

10:45am - Breakfast at Kona

Explore the holiday decorations at the various monorail resorts

Early dinner at the Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge

4pm - Head to Magic Kingdom

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!!!

MONDAY

Epcot & Hollywood Studios

Head to Epcot - rides, etc.

12:30pm - Lunch at Garden Grill

Explore the countries and visit the storytellers

Watch the beginning of the 5pm Candlelight Processional from outside the show

Head to Hollywood Studios

6:45pm - See the new Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!

Possibly head back to Epcot for fireworks at 9:30pm

TUESDAY

Checkout!

Head to Animal Kingdom

Safari, Lion King, and lunch at Flame Tree BBQ or Harambe Market

Head home!​

DAY ONE

Welcome home!

We are LIVE from Walt Disney World!

Yesterday we drove down SC and arrived to POP about 2:45pm.

Huge props for online checkin bc due to traffic we were running late!

As a travel agent, I always advise my guests to not plan a big meal on their travel day due to unforeseen issues, but I did not follow my own advice! We had to get to Fort Wilderness - STAT!

We had requested the 50s and a lake view and are pleased to announce that both requests were granted!

The room is simple but it gets the job done.

Another new and efficient addition to Disney is UBER!

We requested our Uber and put in Hoop Dee Doo as the destination. I heard that you have to be specific and let your driver know that you want to go to FORT Wilderness not Wilderness LODGE! Well...I tried be clear but as we passed the exit for Fort Wilderness, I knew he was mixed up! We had a quick tour of the exterior of Wilderness Lodge and then made out way to Fort Wilderness. TIP - even though you put the proper destination in the system...double check those addresses!

15355617_10154764669256168_2225279979690101924_n.jpg

15492207_10154766263196168_4624552444977364994_n.jpg

Well...we were finally at Pioneer Hall!!!! We checked in and had an amazing seat right up...great for Category Two.

The lodge looked super Christmas-y and was trimmed in garland and lights.

The food was great as always and the show was a campy good time!

It had a Christmas theme and was a nice twist on the traditional version!

I had planned the 4pm show so that we could go to Chip N Dale's Campfire Singalong.

I highly recommend this FREE event!

We were a little early so we played a little Bingo and then the music started!

They say that Chip N Dale only come to those that are seated so to speed up the process, I would suggest sitting in the front row!

As a special treat, I had planned a sleigh ride around the Fort Wilderness Campground. This is very fun but you could take an equally good and more economical ride in the wagon for a similar experience.

Fort Wilderness is a magical, hidden gem!

It was lovely for the holidays and has so many fun, relaxing, and free activities for kids!

I swear...my middle daughter is going to say that playing on the playground was her favorite part of the trip!

It took a while to get a boat to back to Magic Kingdom and in hindsight, another Hoop Dee Doo show had just gotten out so there was a surge of people doing the same thing as us! TIP...don't leave when a show gets out!

It was a chilly wait on the dock, but we got to see the water parade once we were on the boat! That was a treat!

More to come and more pics too!​

Last edited:
Perfect first day! We have always loved heading over to Fort Wilderness for the campfire singalong. So glad that your mother-in-law got to have a relaxing trip too! I have a friend whose daughter seems to only take her along to watch the kids and my friend is so exhausted at the end of her stay - she always says she needs another week's vacation to recoup! lol

Your girls are adorable <3

Perfect first day! We have always loved heading over to Fort Wilderness for the campfire singalong. So glad that your mother-in-law got to have a relaxing trip too! I have a friend whose daughter seems to only take her along to watch the kids and my friend is so exhausted at the end of her stay - she always says she needs another week's vacation to recoup! lol

Your girls are adorable <3

First and foremost, thank you for the compliment! They are sweet...and spicy.

Fort Wilderness was a perfect first night! I agree!!!

Yes...we had a low-key plan and I think it was a relaxing trip! Lots of walking but an easy schedule! I truly hope that she had fun! I thinks she did...she was so impressed with the parades, Soarin', etc.

Sometimes I need a vacation from my vacation too! Or someone to wash and put away my laundry! Unpacking is the WORST!

DAY TWO
HOLIDAY RESORT TOUR & MICKEY'S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY

We started off the day with a light breakfast in the room and then UBERed to Wilderness Lodge! I think that this is the quintessential holiday resort! The rustic feel, the fireplaces, and the overall decor! It was gorgeous! The huge tree and lots of lush garland and lights. We loved exploring the lobby! I love the quiet nooks and crannies!

15350550_10154770961571168_634263338624495276_n.jpg

We took the boat to the Contemporary and enjoyed seeing the gingerbread houses. This was the first resort that we stayed at as a family so it holds a special place in my heart!

15327466_10154768256961168_7854100446646428870_n.jpg

15350564_10154768560916168_7807064141844495132_n.jpg

Next stop was the Polynesian for brunch at Kona! We passed the time enjoying the grounds! We stayed here last year so it was nice to be back! I have always wanted to try Kona for breakfast. This was a delicious meal. Very affordable out of pocket too. We were on the "free dining" package and I upgraded to standard dining. However, this is a poor value on the dining plan.

I could not decide on the Macadamia Nut Pineapple Pancakes, Tonga Toast, or the Big Kahuna. I know that the Tonga Toast is legendary but I wanted something a little more savory. I went with the Big Kahuna. I think that I may try The Samoan next time!

15492163_10154768564096168_6743122221377428170_n.jpg

Next stop was the grand dame...The Grand Floridian! The moment that you stepped into the doors from the monorail, you could smell the gingerbread! It was heavenly!

15420835_10154768578496168_750156694266674097_n.jpg

You could seriously bottle up this smell and sell it! There is actually a candle company that gets great reviews! They have a holiday candle that boasts that it smells like the Grand Floridian. I may have to buy one!
https://anthologycandles.com

My girls loved looking at all of the details on the house. The main tree was gorgeous too!

15319103_10154768573036168_5847800994335788059_n.jpg

15380335_10154768557576168_3030385819854784522_n.jpg

My middle was in one of her "spicy" moods and it was time for a break. I knew that we were going to have a long night, so we decided to head back to Pop Century. We took the monorail to Magic Kingdom and the bus back to Pop.

It was overcast but warm so we decided to hit the pool for a bit then take baths and rest. As luck would have it...both girls fell asleep at 3pm, right as we wanted to leave for the party. I was able to stroll the youngest to the buses and let her rest a little longer but she was still in a "spicy" mood.

We missed our first fast pass but I had the mantra that we weren't going to let the little things get to us and we were just going to go with the flow.

The park looked perfect dressed in its holiday finest! After a sweet meet and greet with Tinkerbell, we headed for our second fast pass - Jingle Cruise! As we waited in line, my middle exclaimed that she was hungry and she would not let it go. I decided to vacate my post and let my mother-in-law and oldest ride and we headed to find a snack. My advice to clients is that you are only as happy as the least happy member of your group. If someone needs to rest...then rest. If someone is hungry...then eat. I decided to follow my own advice.

I tried a pina colada slush from Sunshine Tree Terrace. It was thirst-quenching and delish but I would have paid $100 to have it with alcohol. I tried to sweeten up my spicy daughter with a little soft serve vanilla ice cream (counts as protein and sugar right?) which was "on Mickey". Pixie dust! Does Walt know when mommas need a little break? Just a little of that Disney magic!

15355621_10154769605561168_5089821244772695253_n.jpg

Next stop - fast passes on Splash Mountain! We were able to take advantage of the rider switch passes and my oldest got to ride it twice! It was quite the sight when I saw my mother-in-law and daughter return from the first ride! As they say...some people get wet and some stay dry. Let's just say that they got wet...and loved every minute!

As we left Adventureland, the sun had set and the castle lit up.

Simply stunning!

15380826_10154769810051168_327748628731861848_n.jpg

The party was a big hit!

We rode LOTS of rides and met some special characters. We ate LOTS of cookies and thoroughly enjoyed the parade!

My favorite - It's A Small World. It is such a nostalgic and special ride to me! Loved sharing the memories with my daughters.

15390860_10154769959996168_183796710653834849_n.jpg

We were all happy and exhausted as we exited the park!

We did it!

See you real soon, Magic Kingdom!

15492098_10154770920396168_2877149419392472893_n.jpg

More details to come!

Next stop...EPCOT!

Last edited:
DAY THREE
EPCOT

We had a wonderful third day in Epcot!

Hit some of our favorites rides and had a great lunch at Garden Grill.

15541052_10154772771686168_2227311089424267562_o.jpg

This was a first for us and I am confident that we will be back! As everyone mentions, great character interaction and service. Plus the fact that it is served family style vs as a buffet is a game changer for parents with young children.

We then toured the World Showcase and made a game time decision to not go to Hollywood Studios and to leisurely enjoy the storytellers, etc.

We caught the Candlelight Processional from the concourse. Just wonderful!

I had also totally forgotten that Santa and Mrs. Claus were in the park. We joined the short line right before their last meet and greet at 7:30. It was the perfect way to end the night!

15493228_10154775891971168_4838933919686102288_o.jpg

We also had a little pixie dust as we were resting in bed! We heard the pow-pows of fireworks and ran outside of our room. We were so tickled to see the finale of the Holiday Illuminations from our floor at Pop Century. The cherry on top to a great day!

DAY FOUR
ANIMAL KINGDOM

Well...we are now home after a busy morning in Animal Kingdom and a (melancholy) drive home!

15493631_10154779794401168_7850797220873072233_o.jpg

We had a wonderful trip. Brief synopsis...we did not murder each other. Must have been the holiday magic in the air! Yay! I may or may not have threatened we would be going back to our room 9,000 times. I think they are onto me and called my bluff. My middle somehow survived on the elf diet. You know...candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup. Oh and my oldest threw up on the way home...right as we approached our final exit home. Perfect timing! Good old fashion family fun!

Well...

I am pooped! Who wants to come over and help me unpack my bags?

Back to reality!

More info and pics to come!

15440302_10154777513216168_4257571291221519316_o.jpg

See you real soon!!!

Live from Columbia, SC...good night and sweet dreams.

Last edited:
15443278_10154789009081168_4131320057873905065_o.jpg

Nine days til Christmas!!! This time last week we were packing for our trip! Tonight we reminisced with some delish cookies from Zuri's Sweets Shop!

We had a couple of extra quick service credits that we converted into snacks.

Did you know that not every location or merchantile can do this for you?

So glad we did not settle for gummy worms and such! This bakery was amazing!

Wonderful souvenirs!

#freedining

Last edited:
OFFICIAL TRIP REPORT

Our trip started off with a 7:30am departure from home! We were bright-eyed and bushy tailed since we were so excited for our journey! This was my first time leaving the baby for an extended period but I knew she was in good hands while I was gone!

I had packed the car the night before and created little travel bags for the girls. Prior to our trips, I like to pick up fun Disney-themed treats and activities to keep the girls busy in the car. I finds lots of great items in the dollar bin at Target. I also purchased a few items on sale from the Disney Store. Some items serve double duty - like the water bottle was needed for school as well. Win-win! Wipes are a must for messy hands and spills!

A peek at a few of the items in their bags!

img_2996.jpg

img_3007.jpg

After about a 6.5 hours drive from Columbia, SC to Walt Disney World which included a few stops for potty breaks and lunch, THIS was a welcome sight!

We are HOME!

img_3022.jpg

This was out first time staying at Pop Century. I chose it due to its reputation and affordable cost. I am a deluxe girl at heart but only if you really have time to enjoy the resort. This was a pretty short trip, plus I wanted to review this property for my own personal knowledge.

img_3009.jpg

We had requested the 50's section and a lake view. I am pleased to announce that both requests were granted! It was a great location!

img_3091.jpg

Our room was clean and efficient.

img_3247.jpg

Since we hit a little traffic as we got into the Orlando area, we decided to UBER to Fort Wilderness. It can be a complicated area to travel to but UBER made it really fast and simple. We explored the Tri-Circle-D Ranch as we waited for the bus to Pioneer Hall to see the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue.

img_3090.jpg

img_3018.jpg

We arrived a few minutes prior to our 4pm dinner time. We were very excited to get a table right up front - great for category two! I hear that seating is assigned based on when you book the reservation - so booking earlier than later is better...however there really doesn't seem to be a bad seat in the house!

img_3087.jpg

img_3030.jpg

Beer and wine is included in the price of the show and I opted for a white wine sangria. It was sweet but refreshing. Love that it is served in a mason jar! The service is always top-notch at the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue. Our salads were served quickly. They were simple, fresh, and really yummy. The cornbread was buttery and moist. Worst word ever...but really...who likes a dry cornbread?

img_3031.jpg

The meal is served family style and you get a lot of everything!

img_3032.jpg

img_3035.jpg

The cast was great and full of energy! I missed the red head from the first time that we saw the show! She is fantastic and full of spunk!

The Christmas-time show was slightly different than the traditional version. During the holiday season, they sing a few special Christmas songs and the stage and theatre is decorated with garland and light. This is a wonderful special touch.

img_3038.jpg

They make a big spectacle of dessert - strawberry shortcake!

img_3041.jpg

During the finale, they pass out washboards and spoons for the children to enjoy!

img_3047.jpg

When we left the show, the sun had set! Pioneer Hall looked lovely trimmed in lights and garland.

img_3084.jpg

After dinner, we took the bus to the other part of Fort Wilderness for Chip N' Dale's Campfire Singalong. This is a free event that I have been wanting to try for sometime now. They had cast members hosting bingo to pass the time before the show. The girls has fun playing!

img_3053.jpg
img_3056.jpg

Before the show, roaring fires were lit in the two firepits adjacent to the stage. As you can see, Christmas touches were everywhere! Love it all!

img_3057.jpg

For $5, we purchased a marshmallow kit with sticks and large bag of marshmallows. You can also bring your own.

fullsizerender1.jpg
img_3060.jpg
img_3065.jpg
img_3066.jpg

At 7pm, Chip and Dale arrived! Yay!!!

img_3075.jpg

They made their way through the seated crowd. I would advise sitting up front to speed up the process.

img_3089.jpg

After the campfire, we headed back on the bus to the Pioneer Hall area. Again, this was a quick trip and not troublesome at all.

The girls enjoyed exploring the grounds and playing on the playground as we waited for our special surprise - a sleigh ride around the campground!!!

I noticed that Crockett's Tavern was selling beer and such. This would have been a relaxing treat! Next time!

img_3085.jpg

The sleigh ride was great! Our host was cheerful and while the weather was a little cool, the girls enjoyed every minute of the ride! The sleighs were beautiful - trimmed in greenery and lights. It was a dark night and the lighting does not do the pictures any justice!

This event was a little pricy - about $75 for a private ride. You can enjoy a much more affordable wagon ride for about $5 per person!

img_1457.jpg
img_1487.jpg

We received a limited edition pin as a souvenir for the ride.

img_1499.jpg

After the sleigh ride, we headed to the dock at Fort Wilderness to take the boat to Magic Kingdom and then fetch the bus to Pop Century. This took a long time. In hindsight, another Hoop Dee Doo show had just gotten out and the line was long. It was also a pretty chilly night and the girls were getting cold and tired. We finally got on a boat and headed on our way. We also caught the Electric Water Pageant from the boat. That was a nice treat!

When we returned to the hotel and settled in for the night, I went to the lobby to get Bec Bec her magic band and grab our refillable mugs. One of the CMs was kind enough to grab me a splash of milk for my daughter in the refillable mug. Considering they didn't have to do that...it was a nice gesture!

One of my favorite shadow boxes from the lobby!

img_3106.jpg

It was the perfect first night!

Up next...a holiday resort tour and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!​

Last edited:
HOLIDAY RESORT TOUR

First stop – Wilderness Lodge!

I think that this is the quintessential holiday resort! For the holidays, Wilderness Lodge is draped in lights and garland!

I would love to stay here over the holidays and explore every nook and cranny! There are quiet alcoves around every corner! Perfect for rocking with a hot chocolate and a good book. So cozy! I also loved the large fireplace! The water features and geyser were fantastic too!

I would like to try the dining at Wilderness Lodge on a future trip – Territory Lounge gets great reviews as it offers some of the same dishes that are served at Artist Point in a casual atmosphere. Whispering Canyon Cafe would be great fun for the kiddos while Artist Point would be a romantic place for a date night!

While there is construction going on, I did not notice it at all. There were a few areas boarded up above the lobby but it is done so tastefully that it literally blends into the decor.

I think that one of the most beautiful aspects of Wilderness Lodge is the outdoors. Gorgeous pool area! Plus the walk to the boat dock was picture perfect! The Spanish moss reminded me of the Lowcountry of South Carolina. The boat ride to Magic Kingdom was quick and efficient. It was also super charming!

Wilderness Lodge is on my must-stay list! I hear that the Club Level is phenomenal too!

fullsizerender-63.jpg
fullsizerender-65.jpg
fullsizerender-66.jpg
fullsizerender-64.jpg
img_3122-2.jpg
img_3119.jpg

fullsizerender-68.jpg
fullsizerender-67.jpg

img_3157.jpg

img_3143.jpg

img_3160.jpg

Next stop, The Contemporary Resort.

The large Mary Blair mural in the main concourse is one of my favorite features in the Contemporary. I am also a huge It’s A Small World fan!

There is also great dining at The Contemporary – Chef Mickey’s, The Wave, and one of my personal favorites – California Grill.

The Contemporary holds a special place in my heart as it is where we stayed on our first family trip! I love its retro modern feel! For the holidays, the Contemporary has a display of gingerbread houses and a large Frozen gingerbread display that is inspired my the artwork of Mary Blair!

We were excited to hop on the monorail and head to our next resort!

img_3164.jpg
fullsizerender-70.jpg
fullsizerender-71.jpg
img_3169.jpg
img_3170.jpg
img_3171.jpg

fullsizerender-69.jpg

img_3177.jpg

Onto the Polynesian for brunch at Kona Cafe!

We stayed Club Level at the Polynesian last year. While I enjoyed the amenities, my favorite part of the Poly was the firework views from the pool.

I really enjoyed Ohana, however I had yet to try Kona.

I could not decide on the Macadamia Nut Pineapple Pancakes, Tonga Toast, or the Big Kahuna. I know that the Tonga Toast is legendary but I wanted something a little more savory. I went with the Big Kahuna. I think that I may try The Samoan next time!

We passed the time before our reservation exploring the green spaces.

Kona did not disappoint. It is also very affordable out of pocket!

The lobby looked beautiful.

After breakfast, we headed to our next stop!

fullsizerender-74.jpg

fullsizerender-72.jpg
fullsizerender-73.jpg

fullsizerender-75.jpg
img_3187.jpg
img_3244.jpg
img_3203.jpg
img_3204.jpg

fullsizerender3.jpg

Last but not least, to the grand dame of them all – The Grand Floridian!!!

Can you spot the hidden Mary Poppins? Since our travel agency (Jolly Holiday Vacations) lends a nod to that movie, I am passionate to the most supercalifragilous things.

The moment the doors to the monorail opened and we stepped foot into the lobby, we were blown away with the gingerbread smell!

The lobby was very pretty and formal.

This was a very grand finale to our resort tour!

img_3211.jpg
fullsizerender4.jpg

img_3241.jpg
img_3245.jpg
img_3246.jpg
img_3242.jpg

img_3216.jpg

Next stop, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!

Last edited:
Hi there! I'm following along and have really enjoyed reading your updates and seeing the Christmas decorations! I think this just tends to be a busy time of year and people are often away from the boards over the holiday weeks, so I wouldn't worry! I'd love to keep reading about your trip so I hope you keep writing :)

Hi there! I'm following along and have really enjoyed reading your updates and seeing the Christmas decorations! I think this just tends to be a busy time of year and people are often away from the boards over the holiday weeks, so I wouldn't worry! I'd love to keep reading about your trip so I hope you keep writing :)
Ohhhhhh. Thank you. You made my night!!!! I hope that you have a lovely Christmas. (This elf is tired!!!). Thank you for your sweet words and of course...for reading!!!!

MICKEY'S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY

I just love when the afternoon before a Christmas party starts with a quick swim in the pool!

It was a warm but overcast day and we had a little time to pass before we headed to the highlight of our week - Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

One difference between value resorts and the other resorts at Disney is that the value resort pools do not have slides. My oldest is a daredevil and she loves a good waterslide. Nonetheless the pool at Pop Century was cute and we had a fun time racing from one flower sprinkler to the other. There were also some Christmas themed games going on.

img_1585.jpg
img_1521.jpg

After a quick dip, we head to the room for baths and to relax for a bit before our long night. As luck would have it, both girls fell asleep at 3pm, just as we were planning on heading to Magic Kingdom. Annie was able to get a few extra minutes of sleep in the stroller and off we went! Since this was our only park visit of the day, we had three fast passes lined up starting around 4pm. The early entry was nice as we got to accomplish a few special things before the hustle and bustle of the party. We missed our first fast pass but it was okay...we had the mantra to just go with the flow.

I remembered seeing these fun Christmas bulb necklaces in pictures from the party and found these for only $6.99 before our trip! They were a festive surprise for our group!

img_3248.jpg

Our first stop was with Tinkerbell! She is always so animated and sweet!

img_3249.jpg

The park looked great!

img_3260.jpg

The girls each wanted one of the big Mickey balloons! Now I joke that these are the worst souvenirs ever because they just blow in your face the whole time that you push the stroller but they girls loved them...and they are still going strong a month later!

fullsizerender-89.jpg
fullsizerender-90.jpg

Our "second" fast pass was for the Jingle Cruise!

As we waited in line, my middle started to get a little hungry. I decided to let Bec Bec and my oldest ride while we went to find Annie a snack. As I mentioned previously, my advice to clients is that you are only as happy as the least happy member of your group. If you need to rest, then rest. If you need to eat, then eat.

fullsizerender-91.jpg

I tried the pina colada slush from the Sunshine Tree Terrace while Annie had some soft serve ice cream. She needed a little sugar to sweeten her up...and some protein!

img_3273.jpg

Up next, our Splash Mountain fast pass! This was Bec Bec's first time and she had a blast! We were able to use the rider switch pass and Lily was able to ride twice!

fullsizerender-92.jpg
img_3278.jpg

As the sun set, the lights on the castle went aglow! It was spectacular!

img_3282.jpg

We decided to do some kid friendly rides that the whole group would enjoy!

Tea cups are always a hit!

img_3297.jpg

The girls really enjoyed the interactive que for Winnie the Pooh!

img_3301.jpg

It's A Small World is a personal favorite!

img_3308.jpg

After the rides, we headed to Liberty Square to find a spot for the parade! This is one of my favorite spots for parade watching! We were able to get a front row seat.

We grabbed some gingersnap cookies and egg nog from one of the treat stops! These were easy to find as they were marked with large blow up candy canes!

img_3318.jpg

The parade was fantastic!

My favorites were the soldiers and the reindeer!

img_3327.jpg
img_3332-2.jpg

img_3341.jpg
img_3346.jpg
img_3350.jpg

My girls are huge Elena fans and we were happy to see a relatively short wait for the Cinderella and Elena meet and greet. The day was catching up on the girls and they really started to fade in line! When we got inside, Annie was a little star-stuck! Elena was by far one of the best meet and greets we have ever encountered. She is fantastic and such a wonderful new character.

img_3358.jpg
img_3379.jpg
img_3381.jpg

When we got out of the meet and greet, it was almost time for the fireworks to begin!

We were a little stuck in Fantasyland with the ropes and such but the girls were content and we decided to grab anther sweet treat - blue raspberry snow cones and snowman sugar cookies.

img_3384.jpg
img_3389.jpg

We decided to end the party with a spin on the carousel. This was the perfect way to end the night!

img_3392.jpg
img_3397.jpg
img_3398.jpg
img_3403.jpg

I have always wanted to try one of the waffle sandwiches from Sleepy Hollow. I could not decide between savory and sweet and went with the fruit and Nutella version!

It was huge and delish. I liked that I could use one of quick service credits and create meal out of it. I gave the chips, sliced apples, and fancy lemonade to the girls.

fullsizerender-93.jpg

As we were exiting the park, the snow fell along Main Street.

Magical!

img_3411.jpg
img_3413.jpg

It was a festive and busy day! We did it!

fullsizerender-94.jpg
img_3420.jpg

See you real soon, Magic Kingdom!

Great update! You have some beautiful pictures of MK at Christmas time, it looks gorgeous! I'm very impressed that those balloons have lasted that long :p. I think that your mantra that you are only as happy as the least happy member of your party is so smart and such an important thing to remember, definitely a key to having a good trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter