• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday Decorations

EpcotQueen

DIS Veteran
Just arrived today and headed over to Epcot. Have been here many times during the holiday season and am disappointed with the lack of decorations. Epcot just is not the same without the 'Lights'. Sparse decorations as you walk around the park. Just don't get that holiday feel that we got other years. Will let all know if other parks do better as we visit them.

Spent the day at AK. Holiday decorations better there. I realy could not notice much of a difference from other years. Camp Minnie Mickey done up in style. Guitar Dan strolling around singing carols (he's quite good!). Had dinner at Cape May cafe. The gingerbread carousel and display are not to be missed. Beachclub beautiful. Plan on traveling to other hotels tomorrow to view those decorations.

Do not even want to hear about "lights", too painful, glad other places still got it.

WHAT!!!!!!! Do you mean the canopy of lights that led down to the World Showcase? That was always so awesome! I can't believe they would not have those!!!! I'll be so sadly disappointed if those are not there.

WHAT!!!!!!!

1- Do you mean the canopy of lights that led down to the World Showcase? That was always so awesome! I can't believe they would not have those!!!!

2- I'll be so sadly disappointed if those are not there.

1- Yes. The Lights of Winter.

2- Prepare for your disappointment. They are not installed.

IMO Disney's excuse is LAME.
I could care less if it's obsolete as long as it's working and maybe that's the problem????? Couldn't be repaired????
I would think that there's surely something that would replace it.

What a let-down. :(

I know I am stopping by to make a complaint when I am down there in 10 days about the whole LoW debacle

Just arrived today and headed over to Epcot. Have been here many times during the holiday season and am disappointed with the lack of decorations. Epcot just is not the same without the 'Lights'. Sparse decorations as you walk around the park. Just don't get that holiday feel that we got other years. Will let all know if other parks do better as we visit them.

I have been waiting for someone to post their thoughts, I know I am going to feel the same sad feeling that you are feeling. I know I will be at Disney, but that was such a family tradition for us to sit on the bench by the tree & just watch the Lights of Wonder & listen to the music & talk about our day. Yes, we can make another family memory, but I have such a LOVE for Christmas lights & those really touched my heart !!! :santa::santa::santa:

Although we've been to WDW a few times - this is going to be our first holiday trip and I was so looking forward to seeing the LoW.... it will not ruin our trip - but I am disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter