"hold cruise"

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
Hello,

Can I just check something please.

We had our first cruise in the med in August, before we left I booked a "hold cruise" to get the OBC etc, and was told could move it when 2013 dates came out.

I did not put DU on as a TA as was told could add this later.

So when the 2013 dates come out and I want to change to a different date and I ask DU to change to the new date for me, will I still get the 20% deposit, OBC etc that disney gave me AND and OBC from DU? I thought I read somewhere I might only get half OBC from DU??

Want to get it totally clear in my head in case the new dates come out very soon.

Many thanks again :flower3:

What you will get from DU (or any other agency) is between you and DU. I've read conflicting things on these boards, and would suggest that you get in writing what the deal will be before you transfer. I've read that they reduce their OBC as well as that they give some people their full OBC for a transfer, as well as that they review each reservation and make a decision at that time. I honestly have no idea what their policy is or even whether there is a policy vs. an individual decision.

The issue is that when you make a reservation on board AND name an agency at that time, the agency will get the full commission that DCL pays. If you add an agency later, they get a reduced commission. Some agencies will give you their normal OBC or "thanks for booking" gift in hopes of gaining your future business, others reduce the OBC that they will give you to reflect the lower commission that they will get from Disney.

When you move a reservation that was made on board, you will keep ALL the benefits of rebooking on board that you got from DCL.

Until/unless you name a TA, you would have to move your reservation yourself. You can do this in either order--assign the reservation to a TA and let them do the work OR do the move yourself and then transfer to a TA. The only thing to remember is that you cannot transfer to a TA after you make your final payment.

Hmmmm....We had something similar happen. We booked onboard to get the OBC and 10% discount and the person I spoke with didn't even ask if we had a travel agency and thanks to the awesome info from DISers I knew to mention it (like you did). So I brought it up and named our travel agency and my TA's name but IT STILL didn't get on the reservation!!! My first clue should have been that he glossed over it when I mentioned the TA's info. It was as if I hadn't said anything! My second clue was that I hadn't received any documents from my TA. Luckily we still got the full OBC from the travel agency(Small World Vac). Not sure if we had a new guy or if it benefits Disney to NOT put the TA's info down but that was our experience.

My first cruise I booked through Disney online, and transferred to Dreams Unlimited. Got full onboard credit.

Second cruise I booked whilst onboard, and told them to put Dreams Unlimited down as the TA. Took a couple of weeks I think, but eventually Dreams Unlimited sent me an email (or I might even have emailed them first, I honestly can't remember now). Got it all transferred to them, and again, got their full onboard credit. Just got to wait an age now for our next cruise (New York/Bahamas next May, can't wait!!).

I have found Dreams Unlimited to be fab, and have only ever had email correspondence with them from UK, but all has been fine. I requested the same agent as I had for the first cruise, and she is great at responding to emails, and was brilliant when I transferred my "dummy" booking to the New York one when it was first released.

The only thing to remember is that you cannot transfer to a TA after you make your final payment.

Not true at all! I referred a friend to my TA and she was able to transfer it last week and she was PIF. I don't think you can transfer a PIF Disney World booking, but DCL allows it.

What you will get from DU (or any other agency) is between you and DU. I've read conflicting things on these boards, and would suggest that you get in writing what the deal will be before you transfer. I've read that they reduce their OBC as well as that they give some people their full OBC for a transfer, as well as that they review each reservation and make a decision at that time. I honestly have no idea what their policy is or even whether there is a policy vs. an individual decision.

At Dreams Unlimited Travel we evaluate every transfer request individually to see what shipboard credit we can offer.

Since the shipboard credit comes out of the commission Disney Cruise Line pays us, and we receive less commission for a transfer vs a 'direct' booking, we have to determine if the amount of commission we receive will cover the shipboard credit we currently offer as well as allow us to compensate the agent who works the reservation.

I feel this is a fair way to handle these rather than just making a blanket statement that all transfers get 1/2 the SBC, or whatever that number would be.

Now, evaluating each request can be time consuming and does add time the overall transfer process so I appreciate everyone's patience who might be waiting to hear back from us.

If anyone has any questions about Dreams Unlimited Travel or our policy and procedures please feel free to email me directly at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

Thanks
John

My TA asks that I contact them with the reservation number when I do a rebooking on board. That way they can confirm that they have received the reservation from DCL or get things straightened out if they didn't get it!

I, too, have had a rebooking where I named them and they didn't get it. They were able to straighten it out with DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter