Ho-Ho Holiday Dining 12/12-17, 2016

luvmarypoppins

<font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu
Just dh and I this trip

12/12 Tangerine Cafe - Lunch Our original plan was to go to Les Halles but we just didnt feel like stalking for a place to sit so on to the next closest country. We like Tangerine anyway. Dh had the chicken and lamb platter and I had a chicken platter. We shared the baklava. Always a good meal here.

Cape May Cafe Buffet - This was the first time we were seated in the side room. Our server was super sweet but I was getting a little claustrophic just staring at a wall the whole meal. I think the soup was turkey and wild rice. The cold shrimp were huge and I enjoyed the salad with cranberries. Dh found heaven with the blueberry ambrosia salad. Ribs were on the buffet and they were really good and I think they had fried cod fish nuggets. They ran out of crabs once so dh had to wait. He said the crab was not as good as when we went in Oct. I dont enjoy crab but they did look a little on the small size. I stuck to more of the kids stuff like chicken legs. Desserts were good. I liked the flan and pumpkin pie squares.

12/13 - Java Bar at the Swan Hotel - We just grabbed something from downstairs. I had a blueberry muffin and dh had a croissant and yogurt parfait.

Liberty Tree Inn - We had n early adr before MVMCP. The rolls were pretty flat but the cinnamon butter was good and the salad was good too. It is suppose to be all you can eat but our server never asked us if we wanted any more of these. She seemed stressed and rushed. The meats were sliced prime rib. It was more like sliced roast beef. One piece was really red (I dont like this, dh does) the turkey was good and I didnt care for the pork at all. dh ate it. I think it was dried out and I didnt care for the seasoning on it. The side platter had the stuffing, potatoes, cranberry sauce (liked this alot) green bean casserole and then a small side bowl of mac and cheese. I thought the mac and cheese was overly cheesy and had a strange flavor. The green beans tasted like they had a potato chip topping. We got extras of only the roast beef. This time the beef was pretty well done. They never asked us what type we wanted. We did get seconds of the side dishes minus the mac and cheese. The dessert was a bread pudding type with 2 scoops of ice cream and a fruit compote on it that had apples and cranberries I think. It was an ok meal. Just comfort food if that is what you want.

MVMCP snacks - We only had the blue snow cone and the blue snowman cookies. I think these were from Friars Nook? Both were good and much better than the usual sugar cookies they have given out in the past

12/14 - Flame Tree BBQ - I really wanted to go to Restrauntsaurus but dh over ruled me. He had the chicken and ribs plate. I had the turkey sand. He also ordered onion rings and the fries with the cheese and pulled pork. I only had 3 of the onion rings and they were good. I had the key lime dessert and he had the chocolate mouse. Both were good. I took a bite of his to try.

1900 Park Fare dinner - This was bad, really bad. Next time we will go to GFC. We waited over 20 min. past the adr. There was no place to sit so we sat outside. That is also where I had to park my wheelchair and it was quite a walk back into the place. Our table was so tiny and jammed between 2 others. Cute little girl behind me kept hitting my chair, not her fault though and dh chair was right up next to an empty chair at the next table. The place was beyond loud and noisy. The caeser salad and cold shrimp were good. I liked the mongolian beef and rice the best. Then dh and I both felt sick from the food. We didnt even stay to see Cinderella and Prince Charming. Our server was really great. He said he is actually a nurse and only works here once a month and there were 2 other nurses also working there tonight too. I find this interesting. We also had that happen to us once at Yachtsmen Steak House. Our son is a nurse too and i asked him would he ever want to moonlight as a server He said I think it would be easy. All you do is multi task yourself.

12/15 - Starring Rolls at Hollywood Studios Lunch - I had the turkey sand. and a banana. The other fruit option was an apple. Dh had the pastrami sand. and chips. He had the butterfinger cupcake and I had the fruit tart. We liked everything here. I have never had a bad meal here either.

Chefs de France dinner - This place was beyond packed. But the efficiency and table turn around is something the other places should take note of. 2 groups tried to walk up and were turned away. We both did the 3 courses. Dh had the lobster bisque, short ribs and the meringue basket. I had the lobster soup, chicken and creme brule. Great meal as always. Our favorite place. Only thing I dont like is not they dont take the TIW for dinner but we ate here any way.

12/16 - Candlelight Breakfast Package at Captains Grille
I think this is the first time they have offered this option and dh and I both had the buffet. It was actually the first time I saw the place actually more than half full. Our server was nice and quiet. There is a server we dont care for there but we lucked out as he was serving the table next to us but we could still hear his constant very loud voice. The food was fresh and good. Eggs, bacon, sausage and sorry I forgot what else but we liked everything. This is a nice option for a regular breakfast too if you dont want to deal with the characters or cant get an adr at Cape May.
Rose and Crown dinner - Dh had the salmon app., Fish and Chips and we shared the trifle for dessert. I had the potato leek soup and fish and chips. The soup was barely warm. I prefer it hotter. After dinner both dh and I felt sick from the meal. Our server was sweet but I think we will skip this place next time. I also don't like that there is no bread service here.

12/17 Garden Grove at the Swan Character Breakfast
Suffice to say dh and I go here for the food, not the characters and I dont think I can recommend this place anymore for the characters interaction but the food is really good. I also felt sorry for the guy sitting next to us. He seemed to truly be apologizing to his family for letting them down. He had his camera ready etc. There are only 2 characters and they dont come around at once. Pluto and Goofy. Actually Pluto walked past our table twice and never stopped or waved. Goody did stop by once. I dont know if they have to follow the Disney character rules, but this place needs to step it up a notch if they are advertising it this way.
Food wise this place is great. It was really crowded. I guess its holiday time. We love the omelet station and I got a ham and cheese omelet which is overloaded and great. They have oatmeal and the fruits are cantaloupe, honeydew, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries.I wanted a cinnamon roll but I think they ran out when we were there. The pastries they have a good and you do have to ask for butter to be brought to you. Our server kept forgetting. We had the same server in Oct. and she forgot it then too.

Snacks - Kaki Gori - Tangerine flavor dh favorite from Japan
Most everything else I got from Beverly Sunset Sweets at HS - Only problem was I wish they would sell actual red candy apples. We got the mickey apples with m and m's, toffee square, basketball cookie, mickey head rice krispie treats with m and m's and peanut butter chips, pineapple stick and peanut butter cups. (Lots of this is for the 3 ds). I asked them to put it in cellophane bags. Not the paper bags they usually put it in.
Epcot - we bought - mickey gummy heads. It was hard to find these. we had to go to 3 stores. Also got the chocolate almonds and the three kinds of chocolate pretzels. Popcorn - we got kettle corn, wanted to try the churro one and dh got a spicy one. Sharing all this stuff with the 3 ds.
Great to get all this stuff for 20% off with the ap discount.

Only thing we could not find were the christmas white chocolate covered pretzels. They are sold out everywhere. We actually saw them in Oct. at Food and Wine. Next time we will get them, but gheesh if they know this will be a great seller why dont they stock more of a supply.

Thats it for now.

Last edited:
Wow, you had a way different experience than we did at 1900 PF! We ate there for dinner on the 10th, so just a few days before you. We waited maybe 2 minutes to be seated and we were really surprised by how good all of the food was. Way higher quality than I was expecting for a character buffet--we were mainly there for the interaction with the stepsisters and stepmother. My grandmother is a foodie and she was raving about some of the dishes. What time was your ADR, if you don't mind me asking? Ours was 4:30 so I'm wondering if maybe the food was fresher/less wait time and crowds for earlier ADRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter